WIVB Josh Reed: Rex knows he's fired

dezertbill

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree - I never disliked him. Thought he was a clown in NY but that's just who he is. I didn't care if he wanted to be himself. Clemson helmets, prank conference calls, jokes, bills truck... fine. seems like a great guy who really embraced the city and truly wanted to win here. I like the guy. But you cannot use a defensive scheme like he's putting out there. Something is very wrong. It's worse than last year. These are not bad players! Can't see it getting better or changing. He's so stubborn about his scheme.

Yep and can't tackle for $#!t

Fitting that you're the only other person besides Rex defending that punt.

not really, I don't want Rex as a HC but that was the right move.

Wouldn't mind keeping Rex, just as long as he changes his defense or hires a DC. This would mean, No Meddling!

not going to happen, This is Ryan heritage he is carrying and he will go down with the ship before that happens.

"Apparently you meant keeping everyone in marketing would include Russ. However, from what we as fans are led to believe, Russ is also meddling in football decisions. Which qualifies him for a departure as well."

Brandon is a marketing genius, which you have to be to set records for season tickets with a mediocre franchise.

He's not going anywhere

Edited by dezertbill

Hire Lynn As the HC as long as he gets a stud DC. This is despite his all time stupid call of the end around to Bush. Moronic call.

Btw, off if the top of my head these are the idiotic things Rex did just today;

1. 4th and 3 - don't go for it, instead attempt a 46 yd fg into the wind. Carpenter never is making that.

2. Coaches challenge on an obvious catch.

3. Allow for a 3rd 200 yd rusher against this year. This is a first in NFL HISTORY.

4. Prevent/zone coverage on the last drive of regulation.

5. Calls a time out after the ball is snapped on the field Fg

6. The bush end round - maybe not his fault but he is the HC

7. No balls ,- punts on 4th and 2 in OT

8. Not only has 10 men on the field on the 57 yd run in OT, but does the same on the Winning fg

Players may love him but he's way too disorganized and has turned a #3 schwartz d into a joke

Carpenter routinely has made those kicks before, let's stop being ridiculous

"Apparently you meant keeping everyone in marketing would include Russ. However, from what we as fans are led to believe, Russ is also meddling in football decisions. Which qualifies him for a departure as well."

Brandon is a marketing genius, which you have to be to set records for season tickets with a mediocre franchise.

He's not going anywhere

Sadly, you're right. I don't see him going anywhere either.

I agree. Joe, until they get rid of those two (in addition to Rex of course), little will change.

Truly hopeless situation

whaley as gm they have gone 6-10, 9-7, 8-8, ?-8, thats not going to get you fired with a new owner in year 3

Scintillating I'm excited how about you

I'd hire Lynn as HC due to his being demanding and very detailed oriented, both things Rex isn't and have him bring in a good young up and coming defensive coach to lead the defense.

What Lynn has done with another coach's terminology, playbook and with practice squad caliber WR's most of the year has been nothing less than impressive

I'd be find with Lynn as long as he brings in a veteran DC and asks that DC to bring Donnie Henderson with him.

I'd hire Lynn as HC due to his being demanding and very detailed oriented, both things Rex isn't and have him bring in a good young up and coming defensive coach to lead the defense.

What Lynn has done with another coach's terminology, playbook and with practice squad caliber WR's most of the year has been nothing less than impressive

Rex is big on details. He knows you'll be penalized if you have too many men on the field. He's thus satisfied with having ten out there because you won't get a flag.

i agree - I never disliked him. Thought he was a clown in NY but that's just who he is. I didn't care if he wanted to be himself. Clemson helmets, prank conference calls, jokes, bills truck... fine. seems like a great guy who really embraced the city and truly wanted to win here. I like the guy. But you cannot use a defensive scheme like he's putting out there. Something is very wrong. It's worse than last year. These are not bad players! Can't see it getting better or changing. He's so stubborn about his scheme.

Totally agree. Before yesterday, I was sort of in favor of keeping Rex if we went 9-7, and maybe even if we went 8-8. Now, he has to go. The punt was a disgrace. Given the ways our offense and our defense were playing, it is completely indefensible.

I'd be fine with promoting Lynn, or hiring an up and coming coordinator (a Hue Jackson type, just hopefully more successful in his first year). I'd prefer to have some continuity in the offense - including TT's option being picked up. And frankly, there's plenty of talent on the D already. Maybe not top 5, but we should be better than this. It's the coaching. It reminds me of the Chan Gailey years. Whether the D coordinator was that make a wish kid for the first two years or Wannstedt for the third, the big problem was coaching. One year later, Pettine takes largely the same talent and turns it into a great defense. One year after that, Schwartz takes the same talent in a vastly different scheme and turns it into an even better defense. We've lost some talent since then, but not enough to account for this kind of collapse.

this is what is going to happen.

this is what is going to happen.

funny thing is.. Rex called it quite awhile ago. "A Lynn is going to be a great Head Coach soon"

That last punt ... at home, in OT, on a 4th-and-short, with your last chance to stay alive hanging in the balance, in a game when neither defense was stopping anyone ... was the dumbest, most gutless, laughable, lamest, and the most perfect single representation of everything I can't stand about Rex. A PUNT?! Are you kidding me?!

When it actually came time to act like a bully (what Rex always likes to spout), to put up or shut up, we put our skirts on, danced like a twinkle-toed Christmas fairy, and punted. The voluntary turnover. The #1 playcall of choice for Bills coaches in clutch situations over the last 15 years. You could actually hear the cheers (and laughter) from the Dolphin fans from South Florida when we did it.

That said, would I fire Rex? Truth be told if I were Pegs I probably wouldn't, primarily because I'm not interested in paying Rex $5mm or whatnot to ride his bike around with Rob while I pay some other re-tread with old, tired ideas that don't work anymore either ( Tom Coughlin anyone?), when no matter who we bring in here is going to be somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 until we get our elusive franchise QB. To borrow a phrase Slick Willie, circa a time long ago when the Bills were good: It's the QB stupid. But that wimpish display was bad Rex. Really, really bad.

Well said.

Shanahan jr. Should be at the top of the list. I dont think he'd want to come to Buffalo tho. Between the Pegulas, russ, and whaley.....why would you if you had other options and im quute certain shanahan jr. Is going to have other options. What hes done with atlanta this year has been great and id have a lot more faith in him developing a qb and an offensive system that this entire fanbase yearns for.

With that said it sounds like the favorites are coughlin and lynn. Not sure either is the right move. Lynn will probably get the nod if they want to keep tyrod along with whaley and russ. I suspect if Coughlin is the pick russ stays and whaley probably stays but tyrod is a goner. Don't think Tyrod is the type of qb Coughlin would want.

If they want shanny or a legit up and comer i thnk theyll need to sever ties with the old guard and it just seems theyre not ready to do that, which will likely lead us all to discussing the same exact thing in 2-3 years when we fire Coughlin or Lynn

Edited by Estro