WIVB Josh Reed: Rex knows he's fired

dezertbill

There is 27 coaches on this team, or one coach for every two players. How come with that average we are playing with too many or not enough players on the field? Why are players lost and confused on where they are supposed to line up? Why are we getting alignment penalties? How can you not know what is going on when you have a private coach telling you what to do? No matter any stat, number, prayer, or play call, this disturbs most of all.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth."

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still need a better QB.

no doubt, but the only way to do that is to keep bringing them in (QBs) and you have to keep developing them.

Keep the offense that produced a top 10 in scoring, the OL is kept togheter and you have two QBs knowing the system going into the next year. You hope to implement more passing to the equation, by repetition and development. The QB that can't get better is tossed aside while you bring more competition to the position.

Hire Lynn As the HC as long as he gets a stud DC. This is despite his all time stupid call of the end around to Bush. Moronic call.

Btw, off if the top of my head these are the idiotic things Rex did just today;

1. 4th and 3 - don't go for it, instead attempt a 46 yd fg into the wind. Carpenter never is making that - Lynn never sees the value in picking up 6-10 yds shortening field goals

2. Coaches challenge on an obvious catch.- that challenge comes from a coach upstair with a view of the TV not on the field

3. Allow for a 3rd 200 yd rusher against this year. This is a first in NFL HISTORY. - Guilty

4. Prevent/zone coverage on the last drive of regulation.- live in fear of your 6th and 7th string safeties being used

5. Calls a time out after the ball is snapped on the field Fg- Corey White is calling it 10 seconds prior without the ball moving somehow all the refs cant see it how many are out there?

6. The bush end round - maybe not his fault but he is the HC- A Reach here for sure, he's not calling the plays

7. No balls ,- punts on 4th and 2 in OT -Guilty

8. Not only has 10 men on the field on the 57 yd run in OT, but does the same on the Winning fg - Who is in on what packages is TOTALLY on the player. Injury your position coach is in charge of next man ready not the head coach

Players may love him but he's way too disorganized and has turned a #3 schwartz d into a joke - it was a #4 defense in points and yards but hell it gets better the further away it was

Rex was the head coach so it does rest with him but a lot of these decisions aren't really his. Much like a baseball manager making a pitching change and the pitching coach makes the wrong pitch selection and gets burned. Not really his bad but he takes the fall. Did his staff get him fired ? In a large portion yes and that is on Rex himself

​Excellent rebuttal on all points, however all of the posters points are symptomatic of a dysfunctional coaching staff and that's what we have in Buffalo. Rex's biggest fault (in my opinion) is that he is WAY too loyal to his old cronies that he has crossed paths with over the years. While this may be an advantage if your old cronies are darn good coaches (or ex players who may some day BE great coaches) but it looks to me that Rex's bunch are either good drinking buddies or family members. It looks to me that the coaching staff is pretty much clueless on how to run a football team. Way too many times this year have we run a play with the wrong number of players on the field ... way too many times is the ball snapped and the players are still looking at each other trying to figure out what the call was ... way too many times in the last two years has the team said we have to communicate better as an excuse for poor performance.

I'm sorry to say I was overjoyed when we hired Rex because I enjoy a coach with a personality ... but I've seen coaches, and Rex is no coach, he is just a personality.

Listening to the reporters questioning Rex they were very snotty and disrespectful, not impressed with them at all.

I'm not a Rex fan because I don't like his defensive scheme but he doesn't deserve this treatment from these schleps.

Totally agree.

Wish he would snap and go out into the audience and start kicking ass. Rex vs. room of reporters. Get all his rage out. Let them figure out whose teeth on the floor belongs to who. Complete joke of a press core.