In what order do these four need to go:

jester43

Unless you want to throw in Pegula, there are four major scapegoats for the awful year we're having: Rex Ryan, Tyrod Taylor, Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley.

Most people think at least one of them needs to go...many think all four need to go. My question is, who among them would you MOST like to see disappear from the Bills? Then who would you put 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

You can elaborate or not. I'm just curious who fans hold MOST and LEAST accountable for the current state of affairs. My list:

1. Brandon....first you HAD to have Rex, now we MUST get rid of him. You're still sticking your nose in football because you can, even though you obviously suck at it. We've sucked pretty much every single day since you were in charge of anyting here. Every time I see that sh!teat!ng grin on your face the instant we pried Sammy away from Cleveland for 2 1sts, I hate you more. I also believe he's a sleaze (once while ON THE AIR called Jeremy White "the first woman broadcaster" of whatever college hockey team he was doing play-by-play for. HAHAHA...what a tool.) and that he had something to do with the leak last weekend.

2. Doug Whaley...I am tired of hearing about injuries being the Bills' problem. It's beside the point: after 4 years our depth should be much better. Overpaid for Watkins. Gave McCoy a huge contract extension for no good reason at all. Wasted a high pick on damaged goods twice now. Aren't teams who spend up to the cap supposed to be good once in awhile? You suck too.

3. Tyrod Taylor. He's a great guy, but we are THIRTY-FREAKING-SECOND in passing yardage. He just cannot make the throws consistently, which is one of the reasons we've needed to use about 38 different wide receivers this year. He's getting them killed. The reason he's not at the top of the list, however, is I don't trust #1 and #2 to find anyone better.

4. Rex Ryan...everyone's big scapegoat. I don't think the roster he inherited is as great as everyone makes it out to be. I think weak quarterbacking is a huge problem for this defense...as is haorrible depth. No one talks about it, but this TWO YEARS IN A ROW we bagan to suck badly on defense as soon as Aaron Williams went down. Yet, Rex gets blamed for that. Ok. I guess it's sort of his fault that Duke Williams never could pull his head out of his ass, but why is Duke Williams even on the roster?? Again, see #1 and #2 above.

Edited by jester43

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley and Brandon should be 1a & 1b. How did we ever go into this season with absolutely no one behind Watkins and Woods? I mean WRs 3+ are a collection of practice squad players at best.

Rex goes second.

I have switched my tune completely on TT, I don't have any faith in him as a legitimate QB. That said, if we get rid of the other three deplorables I'd actually be ok with a new coach keeping him on at QB to see what he can do next year.

Russ doesnt need to leave at all....he is good at his promotion job...what needs to happen is he needs to be given the food order every time actual football stuff is discussed and decided.

Whaley should be retained....and he should be allowed to pick HIS head coach.....just try it bills...and see how it works out.

Rex as soon as possible.

Tyrod probably goes by the wayside with Rex...because Tyrod is a system qb and its Rex's qb

Russ doesnt need to leave at all....he is good at his promotion job...what needs to happen is he needs to be given the food order every time actual football stuff is discussed and decided.

Whaley should be retained....and he should be allowed to pick HIS head coach.....just try it bills...and see how it works out.

Rex as soon as possible.

Tyrod probably goes by the wayside with Rex...because Tyrod is a system qb and its Rex's qb

Probably the best answer. Tough thing is that Russ is going to be in Pegula's ear regardless it seems, so it may just be that they need to push everyone out aside from Whaley. It hurts to push out Tyrod as I like him better than any QB since Bledsoe, but that's hardly a lineage of great QB's to compare to. I really wish that it had worked out this year with TT.

Rex is most responsible for the team's record this year but if I had to chose someone to go it would be TT because I don't think he is worth the money he'd get if the team picked up his option. He gets that money and it means even less cash to spend on the rest of the team that has to make up for his poor QB play. Holding on to TT effects the team for 3 years while holding on to Rex potentally just ruins one more season.

As for Whaley I dont think hes done a bad job but it hasn't been spectacular either. What I really want is a GM with power over the football side of the franchise, including hiring the HC. If they trust Whaley with that then great, if they dont then they need to pick someone they do trust with it.

So it would be:

1. TT

2. Rex

3. Whaley

As long as the GM Has the final say on the HC, the draft and FA aquisitions I dont care if Brandon stays or goes. If the masses wild speculation about Brandon happens to be right - a big IF - then kick him to the curb. I don't pretend to know so I wont be irrate one way or another.

I have no issue with Brandon whatsoever and I think Whaley is a good to very good GM. I wish more of you would realize how much of a crapshoot this whole thing is.

Barring Taylor deciding to throw footballs to wide receivers and being good at it these last few weeks, I think we can move in from him. Especially if he refuses a pay cut.

Rex? Ehh. Firing him is kind of what the Browns would do but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I am undecided on Rex, the same way I'm sure the Bills are.

1. Tyrod

2. Tyrod

3. Tyrod

4. Tyrod

Regardless of their faults (DW, RB, RR) if there was a legit middle of the pack NFL QB starting for the Bills this year, I firmly believe they would have at least 2 more wins and be heading to the playoffs. If that's what was really happening right now, nobody would be talking about which heads to roll first. All starts with the QB.

1) replacing Tyrod with a franchise QB eliminates the need to fix the others.

2) Replacing Rex with a top tier coach, fixes Tyrod and makes him serviceable

3) moving Brandon back to PR alone makes Whaley better

4) Whaley - maybe I'm still drunk on koolade, but I think next year we will have a very different opinion of him.

Edit - if you don't have a better replacement for Tyrod, don't change him just for the sake of change. If he doesn't renegotiate to something in line with the a top 25-30qb, replace him Ruth a journeyman and spend savings elsewhere.

First Rex should have to fire Rob.

Then Rex should fire the 10 extra assistants who couldn't get the job done.

Then Rex should be fired.

Then the Trainer should be cut lose. He could never keep anyone healthy. Get any hot babe from Planet Fitness to replace him.

TT should be cut and offered a two year $3M per year contract

Doug should go next

Russ can turn off the lights on his way out.

tyrod is 1st.. No matter who is coach or GM TT doesn't have it

rex is 2nd

Brandon and Whaley are a tie

Very much need to disagree here. TT could have won the SB last year if he was on Denver. Jim Harbaugh could win a SB with TT, heck he was a power outage away from winning it with Kaepernick!!!

Bottom line is our team isn't much different from those two teams I mentioned above. 2-3 better draft picks and a real coach and that's it. Rex is our biggest problem. Him Coaching Denver last year they are 9-7. Him coaching that SF team from 5ish years ago and he is 7-9.

Harbaugh with this current roster is a 3 or 4 loss team. Replace say Watkins with K Mack, and TJ Graham for TY Hilton and put Harbaugh at HC we would be a SB Favorite easy.

For some reason everyone is hating on TT. We have no WRs whatsoever and the right side of our line is HORRID, yet we are the 10th best - TENTH BEST - at points per game. Last year we were 12th. Plus we don't turn the ball over. Thats GREAT considering WR and pass blocking. Plus its his first two years! You people also don;t give TT credit for how he helps our rushing attack. And you dont consider the reason he doesn;t throw it deep - his WRs suck and he doesn;t trust them. Nor should he. They dont catch the ball when he does heave it up to them. Give us a Mike Evans and you will see the balls fly. Give us a Big guy who can jump and compete for the ball and you will see it fly. Bottom line is our WRs suck and arent trusted by the QB, and for good reason.

Edited by peterpan

With the exception of his influence in the decision to hire Rex, I don't get the hate for Russ Brandon. The guy is actually very good at his job, which is promoting the team and putting butts in the seats. Despite missing the playoffs for 16 straight years, Buffalo has recorded the highest season ticket sales since the super bowl years.

Leave him out of football decisions, fine. It is the owner's responsibility to create those boundaries.

I also don't get the Whaley hate. I think it's absurd.

1. Tyrod

2. Tyrod

3. Tyrod

4. Tyrod

Regardless of their faults (DW, RB, RR) if there was a legit middle of the pack NFL QB starting for the Bills this year, I firmly believe they would have at least 2 more wins and be heading to the playoffs. If that's what was really happening right now, nobody would be talking about which heads to roll first. All starts with the QB.

This. Get Tyrod out of here ASAP.

Don't know enough about Russ to comment but I love laughing at others hot Russ Brandon takes.

Arguably the four most important people in the Bills organization - outside the owners - are the President, GM, HC and QB.

And we want need to get rid of all of them.

Ah, the blessed life of a Bills fan.

There we go.

Indeed, the life of a Bills fan.

There is some cognitive dissonance in this thread.

If you feel that Whaley needs to go, then Brandon needs to go too, since he hired/promoted him.

If you don't feel that Whaley needs to go, then neither does Brandon, since he's the guy that put the personnel dept in place.

There is some cognitive dissonance in this thread.

If you feel that Whaley needs to go, then Brandon needs to go too, since he hired/promoted him.

If you don't feel that Whaley needs to go, then neither does Brandon, since he's the guy that put the personnel dept in place.

I'm not sure anyone really knows how much influence Brandon has over football decisions at this point. Either way, I am amused when people have such hard and fast opinions of him one way or another. Whaley can be debated but I think he's made more good moves than bad ones. He's not the one who passed on Gronkowski for Torrell Troup or Russell Wilson for TJ Graham. Since taking over, he's kind of made the no-brainer pick (which they had avoided forever) and made some nice trades and signings. I'm not sure how anyone can't have Rex and Tyrod 1-2 in some order.

Jester really asked 2 questions. Who is most accountable. Which I'll take as most responsible for not making the playoffs This year. And who needs to go. IOW who is the biggest obstacle to long term success. Here's my order for both questions

Most accountable this year?

1. Tyrod- cannot consistently beat good teams with a QB who doesn't see open receivers running down the middle of the field and who doesn't stand in the pocket.

2. Whaley - even before injuries the back end of the roster was extremely weak.

3. Rex - Defemse is not good. team folded after Raiders pun he then in the mouth, didn't show up for Steelers game, and truly came out super flat in must win against Jafs too.

Brandon - he influenced pick of Rex for hesd coach

Need to go / biggest obstacle?

personally I like all 4 guys, but when you really think about it, all of the above should go for the franchise to become winners

1. Brandon - losing and dysfunctional franchise since he has been here. You can argue the level of influence he has on football operations, but he has a major role in the organization that has failed time and time again on the field with Russ at the top.

2. Whaley - excellent scout. It is apparent that he doesn't understand how to build a winning roster for today's NFL.

3. Ryan- Bad on field communication. No playoffs for 6 straight years and career losing record. At

Some point it's not just injuries and bad luck.

4'- Tyrod - truly an afterthought for this discussion. Need fundamental Change to the way the franchise is run. Of course Tyrod is not the guy to lead the team

With the exception of his influence in the decision to hire Rex, I don't get the hate for Russ Brandon. The guy is actually very good at his job, which is promoting the team and putting butts in the seats. Despite missing the playoffs for 16 straight years, Buffalo has recorded the highest season ticket sales since the super bowl years.

Leave him out of football decisions, fine. It is the owner's responsibility to create those boundaries.

I also don't get the Whaley hate. I think it's absurd.

Everyone always makes this exact comment about Russ and adds the caveat to keep him out of football decisions. That's the WHOLE point, he is, always has been and always will be involved in football decisions. Can't have it both ways. If he's here, he's involved in EVERYTHING. The Pegulas love him. He's going nowhere. Too bad.

Everyone always makes this exact comment about Russ and adds the caveat to keep him out of football decisions. That's the WHOLE point, he is, always has been and always will be involved in football decisions. Can't have it both ways. If he's here, he's involved in EVERYTHING. The Pegulas love him. He's going nowhere. Too bad.

Agreed AND I think anyone ESPECIALLY in the last 5 years would have been as successful at generating revenue as Russ Brandon. The NFL prints money and I think we made the least of all NFL teams last year. So, is he good at his job? Plus the interference to make it look like he is successful that impacts the team. Negative impacts would be his input into coaches, Toronto series and the spin the public hears from the FO.

The Pegulas: I know they can't be fired, but they brought Rex who dismantled a very productive D in the process, their policy regarding QBs needs to change, spend resources and time to find a franchise QB.

Rex: two years running and his defense is getting worse.

TT: he is what he is, a great athlete with a good arm but with poor QB skills.

Brandon: the Bills should start a reality show named the "The life of Brandon" where they follow his every move once he steps in the Bills offices

so fans can check out if he really has any input in football meetings.

Whaley: he has a good eye to find talent. The Pegulas should give him the freedom to find the HC of his choice without interference by them or Brandon.

1. Brandon and Whaley

2. TT and Rex

None will be missed.

:thumbsup:

The first priority is getting an actual, quality, experienced, winning NFL football man at the top of the org chart and allow him to make all the decisions on how to correctly fix this damaged franchise.

There is more wrong with this franchise than just a new QB, HC, GM, vampire with his fangs in the owner's neck. These new owners have no clue how to properly run the football side of this franchise and neither does anyone else currently at OBD.

I could go into a lengthy diatribe on why each of the four people that require replacement, but nothing really changes until Russ Brandon is finally no longer anywhere near anything to do with the football side of this franchise.

To the Bills fans who have an agenda stating that Brandon has not or is not involved in the football side when the man is even in the Bills cut room on the phone to free agent players. The man is and has been in the meeting room in every football discussion since Marv Levy retired in 2007. So many years of losing and because there was no really man in charge of football operations the team had to settle for the baseball, marketing guy involved in every decision.

The entire football side of this organization needs to be analyzed by someone with actual football knowledge. The "doctors" and medical staff that give their okay to players with sometimes a long injury history that get signed by the team and get injured again. Percy Harvin, Chris Williams ring a bell? The draft picks that require surgery. I don't trust the Buffalo Bills medical staff to trim toenails. The Buffalo Bill's doctors used to be brilliant like with Thurman Thomas and his suspect knees, bad ankles, Jim kelly and his shoulder separation in college that some doctors said he would never have full throwing arm motion again.

The training staff must be revamped as this team used to have minimal injuries and be so fit and conditioned that they could go down to Florida in 98-degree heat and outplay the Dolphins. Rusty Jones where have you gone... I know, I know to the Bears in 2005 and retirement in 2013. (curse you Mike Mularkey)

This NFL franchise really is in total disarray to even think about hiring a HC that just went 4-12 and had been in a four-year decline, as the man came in and ruined the one best area of the team he was supposed to be good in. Or keeping a GM that trades away two first round picks for a glass WR when there is no franchise QB on the roster. A GM that attempts to start a rookie QB behind the very worst offensive line in the league and allows a rookie OC,no QB coach or veteran QB to help that rookie.

They all gotta go!