How much rope for TT this week?

D521646

Serious question. If I'm Rex Ryan, I have to know that my job is on the line here. For me, if I'm Rex and I see dancing in the pocket early when the pressure isn't there, if I see staring down his receivers, if I see wide-open receivers open and TT not even checking his 2nd, 3rd reads, I'm benching him. Give EJ a shot. At least we know EJ can throw over the middle, and he doesn't dance to the ghost music like TT does. EJ may not be as accurate downfield like TT, but I think he makes up for it with his accuracy over the middle and short to intermediate routes, where TT always seems to overthrow the ball on those type of routes..

I want to see EJ, I've seen enough of TT this year, I want to see if EJ's light has turned on.

With me? Let's go streaking.. :)

Tim-

EJ can't throw over the Middle... If anything activate Cardale.

Not quite. EJ is perfectly adept in throwing over the middle, and it's probably his best option. Unfortunately he also likes to force throws into triple coverage over the middle because the defenses know his tendencies.

Not quite. EJ is perfectly adept in throwing over the middle, and it's probably his best option. Unfortunately he also likes to force throws into triple coverage over the middle because the defenses know his tendencies.

Oh you mean when he aims and tries to dart his throws that telegraph to the defense like a big "Look at where I am throwing" sign? Then yes he can throw over the Middle...

I think it's (almost) time to give Taylor a lot of rope. We still have a realistic chance at making the playoffs IF we win the last 4 games. Going into the game, IMO, we've got roughly a 50% chance of beating Pitt, so you start the game off status quo. Let him be a game mgr - rely on the run game, let him make the safe throws, protect the ball & just avoid mistakes. But, when/if it's apparent that isn't working, you take the training wheels off & you let/make him "be a QB".

Unless Taylor can show he can be a complete, valuable QB, he is not worth even the "modest" contract he would be due for next yr. Looking ahead to next year, he is our most likely option for a good QB. Right now he isn't that good. Once it's apparent we're out of contention, use the last few games for him to (hopefully) improve his skills as well as give us the opportunity to assess him.

I vote for patience. It's painful, but we need some stability in this organization.

Everybody wants to change everything darn thing if you don't win immediately. Take your pick - QB, Coach, GM or all of the above. Alternatively, Carson Wentz was compared to Brett f'n Favre 3 weeks into the season. I can't wait to see what happens when Dak chokes in the postseason.

We'll never make the playoffs if we keep changing every 2 years. You have to stay the course, suffer through the bad breaks and learn to win as a team.

Keep Tyrod. Keep Rex. Keep it all the same for at least 2 more seasons.

Agreed. EJ was very Taylor like at first and was very cautious with his throws. He was too cautious and then started forcing throws that got him in trouble. But a big difference in him and Tyrod is EJ does throw over the middle and there's where a lot of INTs happen.

And as one of the last EJ fans, he isn't coming in barring an injury. The only chance would be if we are losing at halftime and TT was having one of his awful halves. But if that ever happens, it means there is no chance of Taylor coming back next year.

Serious question. If I'm Rex Ryan, I have to know that my job is on the line here. For me, if I'm Rex and I see dancing in the pocket early when the pressure isn't there, if I see staring down his receivers, if I see wide-open receivers open and TT not even checking his 2nd, 3rd reads, I'm benching him. Give EJ a shot. At least we know EJ can throw over the middle, and he doesn't dance to the ghost music like TT does. EJ may not be as accurate downfield like TT, but I think he makes up for it with his accuracy over the middle and short to intermediate routes, where TT always seems to overthrow the ball on those type of routes..

I want to see EJ, I've seen enough of TT this year, I want to see if EJ's light has turned on.

Tim-

Forget about it Tim, EJ is like Donald Trump. Some like him, many don't

I vote for patience. It's painful, but we need some stability in this organization.

Everybody wants to change everything darn thing if you don't win immediately. Take your pick - QB, Coach, GM or all of the above. Alternatively, Carson Wentz was compared to Brett f'n Favre 3 weeks into the season. I can't wait to see what happens when Dak chokes in the postseason.

We'll never make the playoffs if we keep changing every 2 years. You have to stay the course, suffer through the bad breaks and learn to win as a team.

Keep Tyrod. Keep Rex. Keep it all the same for at least 2 more seasons.

I used to agree with you but what has patience gotten us? Rex made the playoffs his first 2 seasons and hasn't had a winning season. The evidence is mounting that those 2 years was a fluke. He inherited a 9-7 team and is struggling to get back to that level.

Tyrod isn't a rookie. He will be in his 7th year next year. He was a below 60% passer in college. Again, the evidence is mounting that he might not just be good enough.

Forget about it Tim, EJ is like Donald Trump. Some like him, many don't

I'm so sick of all these Trump-EJ comparisons! :)

Tim-

in case you have amnesia, here's some clean pocket INTs from the man, the myth, the legend:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000294203/EJ-Manuel-throws-3rd-interception

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000564525/Bills-EJ-Manuel-picked-off-by-Jaguars-Paul-Posluszny

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000559466/Bengals-Darqueze-Dennard-picks-off-Bills-EJ-Manuel

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000564517/Jaguars-Telvin-Smith-picks-off-Bills-EJ-Manuel-for-a-pick-six

i give TT a ton of leeway. I tell him to go out and go out swinging and that its his job the rest of the way but that he better throw the ball and be decisive and that you are ok if bad things happen but that you want to see him make good things happen. that you would rather see the ball come out on time and into a tough window than to just sit on it.

either he can or he cant. i wouldnt hang on any one game or throw -- but if after a couple of weeks he is mostly bad in that situation than you move on.

i give TT a ton of leeway. I tell him to go out and go out swinging and that its his job the rest of the way but that he better throw the ball and be decisive and that you are ok if bad things happen but that you want to see him make good things happen. that you would rather see the ball come out on time and into a tough window than to just sit on it.

either he can or he cant. i wouldnt hang on any one game or throw -- but if after a couple of weeks he is mostly bad in that situation than you move on.

Agree. I loved the way they started the Raiders game allowing him to pass.

I've said all along I don't want to pay a guy who the team tries to limit the amount of times he passes. Pitt has a weak secondary. Make some big throws TT!

Tim-

It makes absolutely no difference who plays QB this week. The Bills have once again played themselves out of a playoff berth. The only sensible move would be to give Cardale Jones some PT and prepare for next year. But of course Rex has already stated that there is no way he sees the field this season. Hopefully Rex will be gone by next year and we will find a coach that actually has some clue as to how to prepare a football team to win games.

Tyrod plays the whole game he needs to continue to get better. Impossible to do if he doens't play and Rex's job is not on the line after 1.5 seasons thats what ****ty organzations do.

Bills in 4 in a row

why cant we believe the Broncos lose to KC and NE?

and Miami loses to NE and Buffalo ?

I dont get it

Edited by CardinalScotts

Tyrod gets the rest of the season, no matter what, for me. He started this season, let him finish it.

Hoping he lets it all hang out, hoping to see him play ONE GAME where he looks like a passer for four quarters.

Well, TT starts until maybe the last game...which will be a preseason like Jets game. Lets give Cardale some time then. EJ...he is the past and will not be on this roster next year. (don't slam the door on your way out) Cardale may be the future.....but, so is TT. I think TT has improved this year over last, and will do it again in his 3d year as a starter. Now, the money thing is a problem....and Whaley was the guy who negotiated the Bills into this situation. (he was an EJ guy until Rex brought in a legit alternate TT) don't know how that plays out, but, TT will make 18-20 mil somewhere next year, I am not worried about him finding work. I think the Bills have to stay with him imho.

I don't think that he thinks his job is on the line. Even if it is (I don't think it is either) ... so he'll play his starter. Can't see the hook coming especially with who is behind him.

This. If and when Bills are officially eliminated from playoff contention I'd like to see some of Cardale, assuming he is at all ready. Even some time against the Browns to get his feet wet would be nice. EJ is done here. No need to trot him out on the field.

hopefully not enough rope that he hangs himself and his team. I say short leash and if he sucks, give EJ a shot. At this point everything is on the line and we need to do all we can to win this and get momentum for the next three. It's not about a player, it is about seeing who can give us a spark on offense and carry out drives.

Tim-

Nope, not with you.

Tim-

At this point with the team months ago not picking up EJ's 5th year option. He is simply a footnote in the long list of Bills QB busts.

He is not a guy Rex wants, he sucks. There are 4 more games the Bills need too evaluate Tyrod on. The FA options are almost non existent for next year. Mostly a collection of guys like EJ. In other words bench warmers.

If the clown bros. stay another year so does Tyrod IMO. There is simply no realistic option out there. The Bills are not savy enough to get a Prescott coach him up And win in his rookie year. The past 25 years prove it. Jones is a long way off. He has been inactive the entire season for a reason. EJ is done in Buffalo. the team know what they get with EJ. And it's actually less than Tyrod.

Give me a break. This thread is a joke.

TT will be the Bills QB for the rest of this season.

Rex's job is not on the line.

If the Bills beat the Steelers it's a whole new ball game for the Bills.

This is a winnable game with it being a home game for the Bills.

This is Tyrod's team until the end of the season. The only way I don't play him is if he gets hurt. I say this and I don't like him but I don't see what starting EJ or Jones does to benefit this team either this year or the fourth coming years.

If the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs, you don't see how playing Jones benefits the team in forthcoming years? How does continuing to play TT help them this year or in forthcoming years>