Time to Evaluate Cardale

Fadingpain

OK! Another season is over.

It is time to start Cardale Jones so we can evaluate him in real game action and assess just where he stands in his development at this time.

I don't expect him to be very good or even better than Tyrod.

That is not the point. Let's see what we have with Jones at this point and just how far away he is.

We can learn some valuable information if he looks good, and maybe even more valuable information if he looks beyond horrible.

We are in the QB market.

Edited by Fadingpain

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rushing him into the game when he's not ready is not a way of being him along. The coaches see him every day, they know where he stands. They think he's good enough to be inactive every Sunday.

Rushing him into the game when he's not ready is not a way of being him along. The coaches see him every day, they know where he stands. They think he's good enough to be inactive every Sunday.

Just like the organization saw Tyrod every day in practice and games last year and still thought he was deserving of a new contract.

At this point Rex is coaching for his job. No way he lets it ride on a 4th round QB with no experience

Don't disagree about Rex wanting wins for personal reasons, but that's why he has bosses.

I agree with the poster up-thread who suggested it's still a bit early...but I would like to see Cardale start a game/games before the season is over. Make use of the time as much as possible...and if the Cardale starts equate to losses, so much the better.

Move up in the draft.

Edited by Fadingpain

Rex needs to look at the QB he chose & admit that he's not all that and a bag of chips !

Tyron was a back up for a reason, he can win a couple of games if needed but he's to inconsistent !!

And when the games on the line you can't put it on his back to win it ...

If they sign him to the contract they talked about that will be another typical Buffalo Bills move !!

Edited by T master

It is time to start Cardale Jones so we can evaluate him in real game action and assess just where he stands in his development at this time.

That is not the point. Let's see what we have with Jones at this point and just how far away he is.

We can learn some valuable information if he looks good, and maybe even more valuable information if he looks beyond horrible.

We are in the QB market.

Absolutely the wrong move. Putting CJ in will only give the rest of the disaster (read: coaches) a convenient excuse for their suckitude.

Do not be suprised not to see C. Jones on the field at all this year no matter what.

It looks to me like the bills are not going to make the mistake of throwing him out their too early.....you might see that QB turned TE out there before you do C. Jones.

I don't agree about the "too early" thing or that Cardale's growth will forever be stunted if he is thrown to the wolves for a game or 2. We aren't asking him to be the real starter or lead us on a successful playoff campaign.

We are just asking him to play some games against real NFL competition so we can see where he is in his development.

There is nothing to be gained by playing Tyrod or EJ in my opinion.

Edited by Fadingpain

We are in the QB market.

Not going to happen. Ryan thinks TT is great. Whaley thinks EJ is great.

However, since we don't know how Cardale has progressed, at least he's been with the team all year so he's probably just as good at this point as any rookie they could get in the next draft.

Not going to happen. Ryan thinks TT is great. Whaley thinks EJ is great.

However, since we don't know how Cardale has progressed, at least he's been with the team all year so he's probably just as good at this point as any rookie they could get in the next draft.

They both need to go if they're both that stupid. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

What coach? -Dave Lee? :lol:

Lee is a HACK and has been for years... Lets END this charade, shall we? 1)FIRE DAVE LEE! 2)Throw Cardale in wet vs. PIT.... Time to get back to winning, folks..

Edited by #34fan

I don't agree about the "too early" thing or that Cardale's growth will forever be stunted if he is thrown to the wolves for a game or 2. We aren't asking him to be the real starter or lead us on a successful playoff campaign.

We are just asking him to play some games against real NFL competition so we can see where he is in his development.

There is nothing to be gained by playing Tyrod or EJ in my opinion.

Agree completely. Thats a good chunk of money to reinvest in FA if you let tyrod walk

And ruin another QB, great idea.

I dont think its ruining him if you pet him get experience with no consequences. We are done. He should play.

Agree completely. Thats a good chunk of money to reinvest in FA if you let tyrod walk

I dont think its ruining him if you pet him get experience with no consequences. We are done. He should play.

Because mathematically we are not done....and a QB is not going to throw a qb in (who is not ready) to get experience when we are not elimiated

There is no excuse not to bring in Jones to see how he is looking against real NFL talent. EJ will be gone and hopefully TT will be gone as well. Let's see where we stand with the only QB on the team right now who is guaranteed to be on the roster next year.

I HATE this argument every time I see it.

What has Rex done to convince you he has a damned clue about QB talent?

No coach has ever refused to make a change for a stupid reason like ego?

Ryan's stupid look at me and my big fancy defense book I'm a genius ass won't bench TT because he would have to admit he was wrong!!!

Get Jones in and let's start looking for a new QB