Robert Klemko, Peter King and MMQB - Journalistic garbage

QB Bills

Not sure if this has been posted here, but this hack Klemko was in Buffalo for the game on Sunday and reported hearing someone say "tackle the muslim" before a girl tackled a kaepernick dummy during the tailgating festivities. Problem for him is that there was video and nothing of the sort was said. And he has since deleted some tweets but is still sticking by his story, making this girl (and Bills fans by extension) look bad. And that fat walrus Peter King is sticking by his guy, regardless of the truth (https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/788196308855189504)

The girl wrote an open letter to Klemko and it's worth the read.

https://medium.com/@alexisdent/an-open-letter-to-robert-klemko-and-the-mmqb-team-bffff845a1a6#.blwxijvb3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if this has been posted here, but this hack Klemko was in Buffalo for the game on Sunday and reported hearing someone say "tackle the muslim" before a girl tackled a kaepernick dummy during the tailgating festivities. Problem for him is that there was video and nothing of the sort was said. And he has since deleted some tweets but is still sticking by his story, making this girl (and Bills fans by extension) look bad. And that fat walrus Peter King is sticking by his guy, regardless of the truth (https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/788196308855189504)

https://medium.com/@alexisdent/an-open-letter-to-robert-klemko-and-the-mmqb-team-bffff845a1a6#.blwxijvb3

Did she not buy one of those Kaep in the crosshairs t shirts on sale outside the stadium?

I actually just came across this on Twitter. I don't know what to think. I hope that it's not true but it probably is. At the same time I feel for the people in the video as there is no evidence to support Klemko's recollection. It unfairly vilifies at least some of the people in the video. IMO, without the proof he probably would have been better off leaving that be.

I actually just came across this on Twitter. I don't know what to think. I hope that it's not true but it probably is. At the same time I feel for the people in the video as there is no evidence to support Klemko's recollection. It unfairly vilifies at least some of the people in the video. IMO, without the proof he probably would have been better off leaving that be.

Just curious, why would you say it's probably true?

Just curious, why would you say it's probably true?

Why would he make that up? I'm try to not be naive as to what happens in the parking lots. It doesn't seem (even a little) far-fetched to think that some drunk yelled that. He/she might have even said it in a joking tone (not that it makes it better). I don't necessarily believe that it was full of anger and rage. Klemko really doesn't benefit from making it up.

Why would he make that up? I'm try to not be naive as to what happens in the parking lots. It doesn't seem (even a little) far-fetched to think that some drunk yelled that. He/she might have even said it in a joking tone (not that it makes it better). I don't necessarily believe that it was full of anger and rage. Klemko really doesn't benefit from making it up.

The same reason why Clintons campaign manager was caught in an email yesterday wishing that the san bernandino shooter had an "american" name instead of a Muslim name. Everyone has an agenda in politics and using the shock factor gets the headline reading sheep on your side. Why else would he even post this?

Right now most of the left Leaning sports media is of the opinion that kaepernick is allowed to do whatever he wants but anyone that questions him is a white guy that is probably a racist.

Oh he definitely benefits. Creating controversy is what they're after.

The same reason why Clintons campaign manager was caught in an email yesterday wishing that the san bernandino shooter had an "american" name instead of a Muslim name. Everyone has an agenda in politics and using the shock factor gets the headline reading sheep on your side. Why else would he even post this?

Right now most of the left Leaning sports media is of the opinion that kaepernick is allowed to do whatever he wants but anyone that questions him is a white guy that is probably a racist.

So it wasn't said but it should've been?

So it wasn't said but it should've been?

That is your response to his post? :doh:

By the way, you are 100% spot on.

This is 2016 journalism. Controversy = clicks = justifying your salary

This

Do we really think this isn't true? Anyone who is honest about the general population of the greater Buffalo area knows it's as racist a region as anything down south.

I'm sure someone yelled it. But Klemko framed it as "watch this girl tackle the Kaepernick mockup after someone yelled TACKLE THE MUSLIM!" when in reality she probably didn't hear it at all. Let's be honest, there's all sorts of s..tuff being yelled and screamed in the lots and you just kind of tune out others when you're doing your own thing.

This. The narrative was in place well in advance.

Whoa, she's pretty articulate. I love the part where she pwns him on verification from her past as a gossip columnist. GPS coordinates, multiple sources, and zoomed in to check for an identifying birthmark LOL!!

I think she needs a lawyer to write him a little letter.

I'm sure someone yelled it. But Klemko framed it as "watch this girl tackle the Kaepernick mockup after someone yelled TACKLE THE MUSLIM!" when in reality she probably didn't hear it at all. Let's be honest, there's all sorts of s..tuff being yelled and screamed in the lots and you just kind of tune out others when you're doing your own thing.

Plus, if you read the young lady's open letter, she points out that she now has video people sent her of the moments leading up to her tackle and nothing of the sort is heard.

I was born and raised in Rochester and have lived in Mississippi for the last 20 years. You are incorrect, there is a big difference.

You've obviously never spent much time in Georgia.

Look, guys, I was born and raised in WNY and love the place. Just being realistic. I lived in Georgia for four years, and I've lived in NC for the past 19. There is a significant racist/bigoted segment of the population in Buffalo. Perhaps the real (and sad) truth here is that the same can be said for just about anywhere.

"Tackle the Muslim"? Oh, the outrage..

Substitute with "Tackle the Jew!" How's that sound?

Do we really think this isn't true? Anyone who is honest about the general population of the greater Buffalo area knows it's as racist a region as anything down south.

Sad but true. Even New Hampshire, where I live, supposedly part of the liberal Northeast, is full of some of the most racist people you could ever meet. Hatred is a virus that infects every state. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Substitute with "Tackle the Jew!" How's that sound?

Probably the same as "Tackle the Christian"

Poor taste and judgment.

But doesn't excuse false narratives in journalism. I'm guessing that deep down Klemko was hoping that the woman tackling Kaep's dummy wasn't a woman of color.

Did she not buy one of those Kaep in the crosshairs t shirts on sale outside the stadium?

Again with this crosshairs thing? When will everyone drop this as a sign of assassination?

Oh, wait! Hey, everyone! Look. Disney wants you to assassinate Woody and Buzz!!

free-nintendo-wii-download-games-5.jpg

Nobody wants to assassinate Kap, and the sooner everyone drops this simple-minded concept, the sooner we can remember how much fun football used to be before we let the SJW reporters share their feelings with us.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Timmah Graham. Redskins! I said it! REDSKINS!!!

Now piss off and leave our game alone.