Robert Klemko, Peter King and MMQB - Journalistic garbage

QB Bills

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds stupid. People say, and do, stupid things when they are drunk. Who cares? We are such a petty, sensitive people.

Selectively petty and sensitive. You can still routinely paint the entire South as bigoted and get away with it.

Christians are actually victims of genocide in the Middle East right now, but hardly anyone knows about it or says anything.

The possibility that some drunk fans made a poor joke about Muslims, however, provokes outrage.

"Tackle the Muslim"? Oh, the outrage..

Seems kind of lame, considering official US govt. policy has been to actually "kill the Muslim" for over a decade in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Besides, Kaep isn't Muslim, Obama is! I think I heard Donald Trump verify this.

Selectively petty and sensitive. You can still routinely paint the entire South as bigoted and get away with it.

Christians are actually victims of genocide in the Middle East right now, but hardly anyone knows about it or says anything.

The possibility that some drunk fans made a poor joke about Muslims, however, provokes outrage.

The very people who get upset with you for making a joke about a Muslim are the same people who will get mad at you for making a joke about gays and women's rights.

The smarter person can see the irony.

"Tackle the Muslim"? Oh, the outrage..

It is outrageous.

I had the honor to lead 165 soldiers into combat in Iraq. At least one of the soldiers serving with me was Muslim. He was a courageous, honorable warrior originally from Kuwait. Patriotic Americans and good human beings like him should not be demeaned by racist remarks.

This is what pisses me off about Kap. I'm not honoring racists cops when I stand for the anthem. I'm standing for the guys I served with which includes Christians, Muslims, Jews, blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, etc. To me, Kap's refusing to honor these guys.

The crappy, imaginative journalism disappoints but doesn't surprise me. I had a guy from the NYT interview my soldiers during the war and then present a canned, incendiary quote, asking, "Anyone willing to have this quote attributed to them?" One naive 19 year old PFC volunteered and became famous, much to the chagrin of my chain of command.

So would Klemko invent a quote to add spice to an article? I don't know Klemko at all but I do know journalists sometimes make stuff up to make articles more compelling. It sounds like this young lady has good reasons to be pissed and I'm glad she's speaking out to defend herself (and all Buffalo).

Edited by hondo in seattle

It is outrageous.

I had the honor to lead 165 soldiers into combat in Iraq. At least one of the soldiers serving with me was Muslim. He was a courageous, honorable warrior originally from Kuwait. Patriotic Americans and good human beings like him should not be demeaned by racist remarks.

This is what pisses me off about Kap. I'm not honoring racists cops when I stand for the anthem. I'm standing for the guys I served with which includes Christians, Muslims, Jews, blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, etc. To me, Kap's refusing to honor these guys.

The crappy, imaginative journalism disappoints but doesn't surprise me. I had a guy from the NYT interview my soldiers during the war and then presented a canned, incendiary quote, asking, "Anyone willing to have this quote attributed to them?" One naive 19 year old PFC volunteered and became famous, much to the chagrin of my chain of command.

So would Klemko invent a quote to add spice to an article? I don't know Klemko at all but I do know journalists sometimes make stuff up to make articles more compelling. It sounds like this young lady has good reasons to be pissed and I'm glad she's speaking out to defend herself (and all Buffalo).

And none of your boys called them towelheads or more likely, "Hajis"....right?

Come on man.

Again with this crosshairs thing? When will everyone drop this as a sign of assassination?

Oh, wait! Hey, everyone! Look. Disney wants you to assassinate Woody and Buzz!!

free-nintendo-wii-download-games-5.jpg

Nobody wants to assassinate Kap, and the sooner everyone drops this simple-minded concept, the sooner we can remember how much fun football used to be before we let the SJW reporters share their feelings with us.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Timmah Graham. Redskins! I said it! REDSKINS!!!

Now piss off and leave our game alone.

Cu5u6TwUEAASEeq.jpg

Do we really think this isn't true? Anyone who is honest about the general population of the greater Buffalo area knows it's as racist a region as anything down south.

I don't find it difficult to believe at all...but I also think the same thing would have happened in any football stadium parking lot where Kaepernick played, last Sunday. Racism exists everywhere, it has no borders...and ignorance is a global problem. In that regards, Buffalo is getting a bad rap in some regards.

So if I'm offended by that tee shirt, I'm an over-sensitive pansy? Because "it's just words?"

No. If you think that the t-shirt is call for someone to assassinate him, I can't help you.

Cu5u6TwUEAASEeq.jpg

Yes, I saw the t-shirt. So freakin' what? Do you honestly think it was a call for someone to grab their gun and assassinate Kaepernick?

Do you REALLY believe that?

REALLY?

Or maybe is there something else going on?

Edited by LABillzFan

Whoa, she's pretty articulate. I love the part where she pwns him on verification from her past as a gossip columnist. GPS coordinates, multiple sources, and zoomed in to check for an identifying birthmark LOL!!

I think she needs a lawyer to write him a little letter.

Plus, if you read the young lady's open letter, she points out that she now has video people sent her of the moments leading up to her tackle and nothing of the sort is heard.

Why didn't she include her video from before the dummy tackle?

So if I'm offended by that tee shirt, I'm an over-sensitive pansy? Because "it's just words?"

No. If you think that the t-shirt is call for someone to assassinate him, I can't help you.

Yes, I saw the t-shirt. So freakin' what? Do you honestly think it was a call for someone to grab their gun and assassinate Kaepernick?

REALLY?

Huh? (to both of you)

I am looking forward to clarification on this statement...i must not be part of the smart people.

The very people who get upset with you for making a joke about a Muslim are the same people who will get mad at you for making a joke about gays and women's rights.

The smarter person can see the irony.

REALLY?

Yes I really believe that. You can make a "wanted" poster without putting him in a gun sight.

Fascism in Germany began with seemlingly "innocuous" symbols like these. We are living in dark times and "over-sensitivity" is the least of our problems. People want to be free to express their bigoted views, which many see as justified.

Lmao, welcome to the Yellow journalism side of Sports. Also don't expect a retraction or an apology if anything he writes is proven to be false. Nope they just leave it up there forever now.

Thankfully for you guys it's a goofball allegation. Nothing that will gain national attention.

Your only over sensitive if you told other people they were wrong for having said short because YOU found it disgraceful. If (like I suspect) just rolled your eyes and never bought one or cared that others did.. then no your not.

It is outrageous.

The crappy, imaginative journalism disappoints but doesn't surprise me. I had a guy from the NYT interview my soldiers during the war and then present a canned, incendiary quote, asking, "Anyone willing to have this quote attributed to them?" One naive 19 year old PFC volunteered and became famous, much to the chagrin of my chain of command.

First, thank you for your service.

Second, when did the term "Muslim" become an epithet? What is outrageous about calling Kaepernick a Muslim? Is it outrageous to identify Tebow as a Christian?

Can I see the stupidity in it? Certainly. Is it outrageous? Hardly.

Edited by Sig1Hunter

Lmao, welcome to the Yellow journalism side of Sports. Also don't expect a retraction or an apology if anything he writes is proven to be false. Nope they just leave it up there forever now.

Thankfully for you guys it's a goofball allegation. Nothing that will gain national attention.

Your only over sensitive if you told other people they were wrong for having said short because YOU found it disgraceful. If (like I suspect) just rolled your eyes and never bought one or cared that others did.. then no your not.

Creating a picture of someone in a gun sight is a horrible thing to do. If my kid did that, I'd be livid. Is it illegal? Probably not (although arguably it's close, as it seems to be promoting a specific act of violence). But whomever did it is a horrible human, as is anyone who purchased one.

Yes I really believe that. You can make a "wanted" poster without putting him in a gun sight.

Fascism in Germany began with seemlingly "innocuous" symbols like these. We are living in dark times and "over-sensitivity" is the least of our problems. People want to be free to express their bigoted views, which many see as justified.

Funny how very few enlightened people don't see Kaep's views as bigoted as well.