Robert Klemko, Peter King and MMQB - Journalistic garbage

QB Bills

I would argue that Brady's is worse. "Wanted dead or alive" vs the crosshairs..... Again, you're seeing what you want see.

Neither mean anything in real life.

Unless your point is that a certain group of people are so stupid that they will act out on what a $15 t-shirt jokingly implies? So there cannot be even a hint of provocation toward that group, for the good of humanity? Hmmmm

Yes I believe we're living in a time when people believe the coyote gets hurt falling off the cliff when chasing the roadrunner.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he's...not...Muslim...though? in fact, he has Christian tattoos.

So one side will use 'muslim' as shorthand for anti-american, which of course is dumb as hell, perhaps as dumb as what the other side does, which is to treat mere uttering of the word as de facto evidence of racism and bigotry

he's...not...Muslim...though? in fact, he has Christian tattoos.

He...in.. fact..grew up with (GASP) White privilege. (White Grandparents and white mom raised him) So he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Now say Larry Fitzgerald had started this I think more people listen. 1. He isn't trying just get attention 2. He grew up facing these issues. 3. A much more respected player in the league by everyone INCLUDING fans.

Yeah, a "wanted" poster for a rival's star player is the same thing...sure it is.

Hell, with the crosshairs you have to at least 'think' it means you want him assassinated.

This one literally says "Dead or Alive."

If someone is going to get upset by the crosshairs, they should be LIVID about the Brady* shirt.

I would argue that Brady's is worse. "Wanted dead or alive" vs the crosshairs..... Again, you're seeing what you want see.

Neither mean anything in real life.

Unless your point is that a certain group of people are so stupid that they will act out on what a $15 t-shirt jokingly implies? So there cannot be even a hint of provocation toward that group, for the good of humanity? Hmmmm

Hilarious. Yes, it's "worse" to playfully go after your rival's star player, while it's "playful" to put a guy who is supporting a cause in the crosshairs and label him a disgrace.

What world do you live in?

Hilarious. Yes, it's "worse" to playfully go after your rival's star player, while it's "playful" to put a guy who is supporting a cause in the crosshairs and label him a disgrace.

What world do you live in?

I admire your resolve/ stubbornness. You make it sound like Kaep is some type of martyr who needs protection from the oppressive majority.

No..... He's a guy who intentionally pissed off a lot of people and some have decided to give it back to him. No one is telling anyone to actually shoot Kaep, just like no one actually wants you to bring Brady's dead body in.

He...in.. fact..grew up with (GASP) White privilege. (White Grandparents and white mom raised him) So he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Now say Larry Fitzgerald had started this I think more people listen. 1. He isn't trying just get attention 2. He grew up facing these issues. 3. A much more respected player in the league by everyone INCLUDING fans.

I made the same point last week. This guy engages in a lot of attention seeking behavior. It probably has something to do with a precious snowflake upbringing, and now, with the way his play has fallen off dramatically, he has to find a way to be back in the spotlight since his QB play isn't going to do it.

I admire your resolve/ stubbornness. You make it sound like Kaep is some type of martyr who needs protection from the oppressive majority.

No..... He's a guy who intentionally pissed off a lot of people and some have decided to give it back to him. No one is telling anyone to actually shoot Kaep, just like no one actually wants you to bring Brady's dead body in.

Is that what you think Kaep's purpose was, to "piss off a lot of people?" And by admitting a lot of people are pissed off, aren't you proving my point for me? That's why your example is silly. We "hate" Brady* because he beats us like a drum, but we know it's a game and it ends there. There are "pissed off" people who truly hate Kaep, for no good reason. If you don't believe that you're the naive one. You should hear my own mother talk about Kaep -- you'd think he had threatened my life.

You made the point that kind of ends the discussion: people see what they want to see.

In the end it's a moot point because the one thing that was perfectly clear this past weekend -- except to the NFL media -- is that Kaep is not a good quarterback, and he'll be out of the league long before his protest makes a difference or someone assassinates him because of a t-shirt.

She crushed him!!!

That's exactly why I feel for the people in the video. He said that he heard it (which I believe) but decided to showcase a group of people that he admits aren't the ones to have said it. That is beyond irresponsible and bordering on libel.

This^

Its irresponsible and wrong to do this and I'm glad the women shot back. Everybody needs to be held accountable. Even if someone yelled "Tackle the Muslim", its wrong to portray this one women or group of people as bigots for a story.

The "tar and feather anyone who disagrees with me" society as a whole needs to stop and be careful about how we interact with and portray each other. JMO

And no more freaking memes to illustrate complicated points. You're not cleaver, you're lazy

Rant over

wow this girl OWNED him. i'm still reading through this but it pretty much sums up my experience at the game. everyone asked if people were going nuts on Kap and I said no not really. i think most people support his right to do what he's doing even if they don't agree with his method. he got some boos when he kneeled and it lasted about 3 seconds. then the next day i see numerous "news" reports saying Bills fans trashed him and were racist and this and that. it's all click bait nonsense and couldn't be further from the truth. glad this girl called this reporter out. you get a group of 70,000+ and there are bound to be at least a couple of idiots. to try and characterise all fans the same is complete nonsense and he clearly tried to group this girl in with some kind of racist mumbo jumbo and the fact that she was black herself just makes this even more ridiculous. nice work MMQB, stay classy

Is that what you think Kaep's purpose was, to "piss off a lot of people?" And by admitting a lot of people are pissed off, aren't you proving my point for me? That's why your example is silly. We "hate" Brady* because he beats us like a drum, but we know it's a game and it ends there. There are "pissed off" people who truly hate Kaep, for no good reason. If you don't believe that you're the naive one. You should hear my own mother talk about Kaep -- you'd think he had threatened my life.

I completely see your angle. You've decided that you have taken the moral high ground, and it's unthinkable that another opinion could diminish or even discredit that opinion.

I don't think you're offended by this t-shirt. Nor do I think you are at all concerned for Kaep's safety or loss of rights.

I get the vibe you just don't like the type of person that would buy and wear one of those things.... Red necks? White trash?

"We" hate Brady for reason X....which is cool. "They" hate Kaep for reason Y. They must be stopped or at least publicly humiliated for their opinion.

I completely see your angle. You've decided that you have taken the moral high ground, and it's unthinkable that another opinion could diminish or even discredit that opinion.

I don't think you're offended by this t-shirt. Nor do I think you are at all concerned for Kaep's safety or loss of rights.

I get the vibe you just don't like the type of person that would buy and wear one of those things.... Red necks? White trash?

"We" hate Brady for reason X....which is cool. "They" hate Kaep for reason Y. They must be stopped or at least publicly humiliated for their opinion.

I'm simply differentiating between sports rivalries (your Brady* example) and political/social commentary (Kaep). Surely you can see that. My opinion on Kaep's actions or cause is completely irrelevant.

Has Kaep started some form of a foundation and put some of his money into a police and inner city project to build better relationships? Has he done any thing to tell people to not run and do as police say or stop shooting each other in gang neighborhoods?

Please let me know if he has done this. I have not heard anything from him or his supporters on how to stop police violence or gang violence which is even worse as many bystanders are shot in cold blood.

He's donating all proceeds from his jersey sales (which are now #1 in the NFL): http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/07/news/companies/colin-kaepernick-donating-money-jersey-nfl/

Also, looks like the first million of his salary: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-says-hell-donate-1-million-to-charities-that-help-communities-in-need/

I'm simply differentiating between sports rivalries (your Brady* example) and political/social commentary (Kaep). Surely you can see that. My opinion on Kaep's actions or cause is completely irrelevant.

That makes no sense, they weren't selling those t-shirts at Walmart in a year we're not playing the 49ers, they were peddling them outside a stadium where he was the starting qb for the visiting team.

So one side will use 'muslim' as shorthand for anti-american, which of course is dumb as hell, perhaps as dumb as what the other side does, which is to treat mere uttering of the word as de facto evidence of racism and bigotry

I think Muslim values are pretty much incompatible with American/ western values and much of Muslim doctrine is essentially anti -American.

I think Muslim values are pretty much incompatible with American/ western values and much of Muslim doctrine is essentially anti -American.

Im somewhat sympathetic to the notion that complete adherence to the fundamentalist interpretation of Islam is not going to mesh well with western values, but most Muslims in America aren't Wahhabi. It's the same thing people said in this country about Catholics. Hell, in living memory, a lot of people thought JFK couldn't be a good president because he was catholic. At any rate, I doubt Kaep is a muslim. Most of the wanna be poseurs are now atheists.