Broncos reportedly done with Manning (Bleacher Report)

I may be in the minority, but I really wouldn't want to pay Osweiler. I'd rather make sure to get Miller and Malik Jackson locked up, bring in a couple of guys like RG3 and Matt McGloin for peanuts and draft a QB.

Osweiler could have "won" that SB as well as Manning did.

I have always thought of Manning as a truely great QB ... in his prime. But yes, TT or any competent QB starter in the league could have won that game with the way that defense played in it. I can see bringing in some vet competition to challenge Osweiler, but honestly who could be that much better than him considering the cap restraints and the FA talent out there right now.

Jim Miller brought this up on Sirius XM the past several weeks and I agree with him and you.

The fun part is Brock could be linked to the Rams. Living in the shadow of a SB victor/Hall of Famer, Brock may opt out of Denver and take the money in FA. Imagine if he stays in Denver and they fail to make the playoffs under Brock. Spoiled, the Broncos fans would revolt.

Money will be tight and the Von Miller deal may leave the Denver Donkeys in a bind, leaving Brock to possibly be a top QB FA to take his money in a new location.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I heard that the Broncos are smitten with senior bowl mvp Dak Prescott. Which I find interesting because many like to compare him to Tebow because their college stats are basically the same and they are "mobile" QB's. I think Denver will take him at the end of the 2nd if available

I may be in the minority, but I really wouldn't want to pay Osweiler. I'd rather make sure to get Miller and Malik Jackson locked up, bring in a couple of guys like RG3 and Matt McGloin for peanuts and draft a QB.

If the choice ends up being between Von and Osweiler that's easy. Von all day.

True. And any QB could have won that Seahawks SB 2 years ago.

Except Manning.

Here's Manning's career SB line: 3 TD 5 INT 250 YPG (That's 4 games...)

Wilson: 4 TD 1 INT 226 YPG (That's in his first 3 years)

Jim Miller brought this up on Sirius XM the past several weeks and I agree with him and you.

The fun part is Brock could be linked to the Rams. Living in the shadow of a SB victor/Hall of Famer, Brock may opt out of Denver and take the money in FA. Imagine if he stays in Denver and they fail to make the playoffs under Brock. Spoiled, the Broncos fans would revolt.

Money will be tight and the Von Miller deal may leave the Denver Donkeys in a bind, leaving Brock to possibly be a top QB FA to take his money in a new location.

Imagine if they let Osweiler, who kept them in playoff contention (as opposed to Manning) this season, walk away and bring in....who (RG3???)?....and don't make the playoffs

Except Manning.

Imagine if they let Osweiler, who kept them in playoff contention (as opposed to Manning) this season, walk away and bring in....who (RG3???)?....and don't make the playoffs

No, even Manning could have won that SB.

And Manning's done to be sure, but Osweiler didn't look all that great either and most people know it was the defense that carried that team. It all depends on his contract demands, but anything north of $11M/year and it's not worth it.

Except Manning.

Honestly, you know who would work in Denver with that great defense and that thin air?

...Fitz.

Honestly, you know who would work in Denver with that great defense and that thin air?

...Fitz.

I take back what I said about any QB being able to win that SB.

Osweiler is not good. Denver could probably draft Cook or Hackenberg and have them starting on day 1.

Kubiak knows how to handle QB development, it seems.

I'm curious to found out what Osweiler thinks he's worth.

No, even Manning could have won that SB.

And Manning's done to be sure, but Osweiler didn't look all that great either and most people know it was the defense that carried that team. It all depends on his contract demands, but anything north of $11M/year and it's not worth it.

If the teams switched QBs, that would be in serious doubt.

Manning and Co. made it to the SB in no small measure because a guy who had missed a single PAT in his entire career (that's 502/503) missed one in the AFCC game.

"The Os" probably will settle for 11 or so.

...Fitz.

He's on pace to accomplish several jourenyman records...

-most interceptions thrown to former teams

- he's one jersey away from the Chris chandler award

- IR on record number of teams

- most well traveled NFL beard

Elway wouldn't have soured on Manning if he still had velocity on his passes. Think of Manning as a pitcher who can't throw his fastball anymore. He mainly wins with his head & gets people to ground out.

Manning has a chance to play elsewhere the question is will he want to? For starters if I were him I'd want to play a few more seasons especially in Denver with that defense.

Can Manning somehow find a way to get his arm back? That's a good question, the problem as I see it is usually a QB loses other elements of his game. Look at Brett Favre, once he lost his legs he was toast. Favre could probably still out throw 1/2 of the starters in the NFL. Amazingly Manning who has no sense of touch in his right hand since his spinal fusion came back and went to 2 Super Bowls in 4 seasons. Manning was told someday he may wake up and have the sense of feeling in his right fingers but to this day he does not. That's the amazing thing, the guy is playing with no sense of touch, it's amazing he has been able to break records sense coming back.

As for the HGH who cares? Modern science should be able to help athletes extend their career if they chose. If it was proven HGH could prevent CTE would the NFL permit it's use? That's what I'm saying Manning was dealt a bad hand in terms of health since the age of 34 and has somehow managed to break nearly every NFL passing record.

So if Manning comes back would anyone be surprised?

As for the HGH who cares? Modern science should be able to help athletes extend their career if they chose. If it was proven HGH could prevent CTE would the NFL permit it's use? That's what I'm saying Manning was dealt a bad hand in terms of health since the age of 34 and has somehow managed to break nearly every NFL passing record.

More important if HGH contributed to CFE (it does at least casually allowing athletes to train more and get stronger allowing Defense Linemen to hit harder) would NFLPA clamp down on members using it? NO!

I think he was on HGH. Look at the size of that guys forehead!

It's bizarre how big his forehead is - like an alien. Some of it is receding hairline but still, it's crazy. It's like when you see Bruschi's huge HGH head, or Evander Holyfield's huge HGH jaw

If he just comes back and plays another season (presumably with another team)? No I wont be surprised

If he comes back and actually plays well with zip on his passes ? I will be shocked

Manning still would get a shot. In analyzing the current landscape he has two options, go to a team that wants him, or wait for an injury (Tony Romo).

Manning is such a preparer I doubt he would choose the later.

Assuming Manning comes back he really has 2 good options and they were the teams that had the biggest QB issues last year: Cleveland & Houston.

If Manning objectively looks at both, there's no way in hell he doesn't choose Houston if given the option. Houston has the potential to have a dominant defense, in addition Houston has an indoor stadium.

I doubt it. Its Manning calling RUN play & pass play & O line protection audibles at the line and what not. Brock is not there yet experience wise, he as beig out played vs the Chargers while having the # 1 defense backing him up. His experience is wat made him start in the playoffs not his dying arm strength. Did you not see the other Denver playoff games? Manning was throwing pretty well in those. Lets not forget Carolina has a good secondary.But thats it. I hope Manning retires. perfect ending.