Buffalo Bills in 2020... Make 3 Predictions

4 years from now, in mid-January 2020, where will the Bills be?

Here are my 3 predictions:

#1: The Bills, having won the AFC East for the second time in 4 years, will be preparing to host the AFC Title game. NE* gets the 2016 division win, then Miami and Buffalo battle it out back and forth in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

#2: During the week, Rex Ryan, having led the Bills to the post-season in the 2016 season breaking a drought of 16 years, will sign a new 5 year deal to remain the head coach.

#3: Ground will be broken on the new Bills stadium.

I think the future is bright. I loved the Rex hire and although I was frustrated with the defense like many other were (and voiced that frustration) at the end of the day I still think Rex is a very good football coach, a very intelligent man, and will get this team to the post-season.

When he does, you can pretty much bet he will finish out his contract.

What are your predictions?

#1: The Bills, having won the AFC East for the second time in 4 years, will be preparing to host the AFC Title game. NE* gets the 2016 division win, then Miami and Buffalo battle it out back and forth in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

#2: During the week, Rex Ryan, having led the Bills to the post-season in the 2016 season breaking a drought of 16 years, will sign a new 5 year deal to remain the head coach.

I think the future is bright. I loved the Rex hire and although I was frustrated with the defense like many other were (and voiced that frustration) at the end of the day I still think Rex is a very good football coach, a very intelligent man, and will get this team to the post-season.

#3 is definitely possible.

I am hoping for #1 to be true but in 2016 to start.

#2 isn't happening. Cuz. Rex. Sux.

I wonder what people would have said about the Bills in 2016 if we created this topic in 2012. Would be interesting to reflect.

I'll say by that point we will have made the playoffs. Either with Rex, or we will have let him go and another coach will have finally gotten us there and Tyrod will still be out QB. We will be maybe on the level of the Chiefs, good team who makes the playoffs and can contend for a SB but maybe not an elite team like Denver/NE/Arizona/Car today.

As a bonus, after his surprising gold medal in the Rio 2016 Olympics, Marquise Goodwin will be going for another gold in Tokyo 2020.

1) A group of posters will hate whomever is the HC, regardless of record

2) A group of posters will hate whomever is the QB, regardless of record

3) A group of posters will think we overpaid for a FA player (who's now "over the hill") and will insist our 1st round pick is a bust (regardless of how he plays)

What do I win? :beer:

1) New downtown domed stadium
2) Bills will be a top contender

3) People will still find things to complain about

You misspelled Doooooomed!

Edited by Heitz

There has been no on the field evidence to lead me to believe that Rex can build a winning team. It's like when people keep saying "oh, the Bills can still make the playoffs if they were to just win-out their remaining 4/5/6 games" We've got a dead coach and there's nothing that I've seen that could lead me to make such a ridiculous prediction

Tom Brady beats them twice. The Bills almost win game #2 but Brady holds off the Bills anemic pass rush with his cane, then hobbles around end untouched and waddles into the end zone for the win with :02 on the clock.

Final Score New England 51 Buffalo 49.

Rex Ryan vows his defense is still formidable and tells the press, we will work harder on our two-man rush. Rex points to Dareus' pick of Brady as the turning point.

1. 20 and counting.... Brady leads the Cheats to the SB for a record 10th time, says he can play another 5 years.

2. Ryan, after being fired before the 2017 season, gives way to Greg Roman, and while the Bills threaten, the Cheats still own the AFC East.

3. Fred Jackson signs a one-day deal to retire a Buffalo Bill.

1. Tyrod Taylor is still the QB, and has been named NFL MVP.

2. Karlos Williams is retired, but not before he records two 1000 yard seasons.

3. The Bills have won the division twice, but have failed to make the big game, losing both times to the Patriots*, who have snuck in on a wild card.

As other teams start hiring female assistant coaches, in order to remain cutting edge, the Bills will hire the first male to female, female to male, male to female fem bot with artificial intelligence to spit out analytics on the sidelines making Rex's job much easier. The Bills will be hailed as innovators and appear simultaneously on the cover of Sports Illustrated and Modern Technology magazines for three weeks straight.

The Toronto Thunder (formerly the Bills of Buffalo) are officially in re-build mode with the firings of HC Rob Ryan and his entire staff and the retirement of QB Robert Griffin III. The Thunder have been quiet since they joined the North American Conference in '18, winning just 9 of 32 games. A new color scheme is expected to be unveiled with reports saying they are reminiscent of the former Argonauts from the defunct CFL.

1) Rex and Rob ryan on thier weekly ESPN show predcit the Bills will

Regret trading 14 draft picks for an aging Andrew Luck.

2) Andrew Luck leads the Bills to the first undefeated NFL season since the 72 dolphins.

3) HC Kathryn Smith and GM Kim Pegula are named coach and executive of the year unanimously.

#1: Tyrod Taylor is three years into the contract extension he signed following the Bills' SB 51 victory

#2: Buffalo is in the running to host SB 57

#3: Ed Reed is given the title of Assistant Head Coach to remain as the Bills' DC

...hey, a gal can dream.

Rex has been fired, Frank Reich is currently the HC.

Tyrod Taylor finished is the 6th ranked QB but failed to lead the Bills to any game winning drives.

The Bills missed the playoffs again, the longest streak ever (I think), by 1 game.

1. Litigation between *marsha and the league reaches a decision finally and all records associated wit *brady or the *cheats are removed from the books. His name is never mentioned again on any football themed show.

2. Sammy Watkins will be completing his 4th straight 100 catch 1500+ yard season and his 3rd as an all pro.

3.The Bills will be celebrating their two straight AFC championships and 1st SB win!