Ed Reed to join Bills coaching staff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Thurman was Rex's DB coach when the Jets went to back to back AFC championship games. Allowing him to just focus on DB's seems to be his strength. Adding Ed Reed is a huge step as I see Reed showing the young players how to prepare each and every week for Rex's game plan and be a great sounding board on understanding a defense he ran like the back of his hand. Having that championship pedigree that is only two years removed from the league will hopefully help the players adapt as well.

I also believe having someone like Reed in the building will teach some of the players how to be leaders, something he was great at. This is a win for Buffalo at the moment, but honestly I see Reed flying up the coaching chain and don't see an assistant title lasting very long. Hopefully that future will still be with the Bills.

Most of us have been disappointed with Rex, some never wanted him, and some wanted him fired. No matter what side of the debate you're on - we'll benefit from his attraction to be able to make moves like Reed. I suspect that we'll see some that in free agency as well.

I think this is a brilliant move by Ed Reed and the Bills..perhaps Reeds habits of conscientious film study,training and being a real student if football will rub off on the players..we need these types of hires and Rex/Rob Ryan will let Ed Reed improve the DBa and safeties

Rex is the D coordinator. I don't care who has the title. Rex runs the defense. His brother will help. Thurman will help. Ultimately, it's Rex's defense.

Would the Bills offense have been any different if Chan had replaced Curtis Modkins when they were with the Bills? NOPE.

too many chefs in the kitchen, IMO

A real killer instinct.

Manson or Ray Lewis ?