Ed Reed to join Bills coaching staff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Essentially we have a new D coordinator. I am completely okay with this.

Rex is the D coordinator. I don't care who has the title. Rex runs the defense. His brother will help. Thurman will help. Ultimately, it's Rex's defense.

Would the Bills offense have been any different if Chan had replaced Curtis Modkins when they were with the Bills? NOPE.

Ed Reed is in town?

I did not know that.

CBF

Russ sent Ralph's old Taurus to the airport to pick him up. George Seifert was also part of the gang. They stopped at Applebees on the way to the stadium for a 2 for $20 deal.

I'm getting the following out of the off-season so far: the defence is being overhauled and the offence is status quo from a coaching standpoint, but a vocal majority of posters here are not happy despite seeing and stating throught the season that the defence was the issue. Ed Reed and Rob Ryan are both very familiar with Rex and his schemes. They, assuming Reed is hired, will have been brought in to communicate these effectively to a group of players that largely did not understand or did not buy into the schemes that were put in place. I love to prognosticate as much as the next guy, but I'm going to hold off on slamming these hires until the product on the field. I'm not sold on Rex in the least, but the fact remains that he has fielded overwhelmingly very strong defences and I expect that to be the case with the Bills. At the least, I do not blame him for bringing in those close to him with a high familiarity with his methods. Now, losing Donnie Henderson? That's an issue I do have with Rex.

This was tweeted by a guy in Rochester who's on the radio and tweets to less than 150 followers. For perspective, Sal Capaccio has more than 35,000 followers.

You could start a twitter account, tweet nothing, and have 150 spam bots following you within six months.

May be he talked about it on air, I don't know.

But it has not been corroborated, or reiterated by any other reporter, Buffalo or otherwise since.

Hate to be the fart cloud at the BBQ, but we're getting worked up over something which seems highly speculative, at this point.

Russ sent Ralph's old Taurus to the airport to pick him up. George Seifert was also part of the gang. They stopped at Applebees on the way to the stadium for a 2 for $20 deal.

did Luke Russert's mom stand at the airport with a sign?

In other news we need to get the Air Pegula tracker up and running.

This was tweeted by a guy in Rochester who's on the radio and tweets to less than 150 followers. For perspective, Sal Capaccio has more than 35,000 followers.

You could start a twitter account, tweet nothing, and have 150 spam bots following you within six months.

May be he talked about it on air, I don't know.

But it has not been corroborated, or reiterated by any other reporter, Buffalo or otherwise since.

Hate to be the fart cloud at the BBQ, but we're getting worked up over something which seems highly speculative, at this point.

yep, that is why it says "Rumor" and not "report"

did Luke Russert's mom stand at the airport with a sign?

In other news we need to get the Air Pegula tracker up and running.

yep, that is why it says "Rumor" and not "report"

I understand that. I also understand--as you do too--that there is some gradation to the word "rumor."

Yeah Rob Ryan...Are you still okay with this?

100%...Although ultimately fired from everywhere he has been, the man has coached some really good units. Some of these have been him turning around defenses that were last in the league. Multiple reports (very detailed reports) demonstrated he was not in control in New Orleans and he was being forced to run a scheme he did not want to use, sometimes not even being able to call the plays he wanted. I don't care who you are, you cannot be successful in that type of situation.

He can do what he wants in Buffalo, and he has a much better defensive mind, and has proven himself way more so, than Dennis Thurman. Rob is most definitely an upgrade at DC over what we experienced last year. Our D will be back in the top 5 next year.

I'm always surprised at how many former players have gone into coaching....

Ed Reed would be an amazing addition.

I don't think that casual fans realize how intelligent these HOF level players really are. Hearing them talk about the game on NFL Network or Sirius is really enlightening.

Plus Ed Reed obviously knows the scheme and would command respect from our players.

Edited by TheFunPolice