Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

That's like asking who is being more childish when a 3 year old gets into a pushing fight with a 4 year old.

Minus the fact that it is grown ass adults acting like idiots because their fantasy teams are terrible. So I guess you can compare them to 3 year olds...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he did what most of us would do if our family and livelihood were maliciously being attacked by strangers and defend ourselves. Did he handle it the best way, probably not, but I still cant blame him.

Who is more childish, the people attacking Watkins because "My fantasy team bro" or Watkins for telling them to piss off?

They are both equally childish. The difference being that the people attacking initially are just anonymous dbags. Watkins is in the public eye and needs to be better than that. Being the target of dbags comes with his job, unfortunately. Like I said earlier, if he can't deal with that then he should get off social media. All posts aren't going to be "oh Sammy, you are so awesome! All men want to be like you and all women want to be with you".

I totally agree with your first four sentences above, although there may be SOME people who don't.

Your last two sentences are off the mark though. This is a message forum where we discuss ALL things Bills' related, so even though I'm not "truly offended", and it doesn't affect my life in any way (I can say the latter about the whole NFL too), I can still offer an opinion about an idiotic statement that a Buffalo Bill made. And again, SOME people may be offended...in today's world, there's ALWAYS going to be somebody offended by everything, LOL......so shouldn't they be allowed to express their opinion?

I'm not saying it shouldn't be discussed. I'm more referring to the people truly taking offense and feeling hurt by it. It just surprises me that there are a good number of people who are offended ( legitimately offended) by it.

Here, here!

I mean, for all intensive purposes the grammer on this bored is beyond horribel.

there's a difference between understandable but technically flawed and indiscernible and unrecognizable as any language. as stated elsewhere, it speaks to the validity of "college" sports.

1. Sammy put himself out there for critisim calling out the Bills and their QB for not utilizing him.

2. Fans look at the situation and realize he is hurt all the time so another WR is getting the timing down with the QB's instead.

3. The Bills are failing so far in a promise that this season is playoffs or "BUST".

4. There happens to be allot of immature people in this world today but they do have a right as NFL fans to speak out, ignore them.

5. Sammy could have spoke out and simply said, true Buffalo Bills fans know I play hurt and hard, all others that critize me, can't wait till I am healthy and destroy your teams!

6. Sammy really should have been utilizing his time off rehabbing and resting his injured body parts.

7. The NFL and Bills are the ones that Sammy really harmed here. Hard to advertise NFL hero's and warriors who are prima donna's and uneducated.

This story needs to die.

Agreed.

I dont understand the logic behind locking some controversial threads that actually have a structured debate - often involving anti-NFL language or possibility of corruption and game fixing, and allowing this 29 page fiasco that has devolved into a comparison of children in a pushing fight?

This thread is being allowed because it is an easy distraction that lets fans quibble among themselves rather than a thread where the NFL is a target which immediately gets locked.

When you figure out how this threads continuation contributes positively to the community, let me know. On its face, it sure as hell looks like censorship when some are locked and others are not by the mods. It makes TBD being just another agenda controlled media source.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

Could care less about what any of these guys say on twitter.

Biggest problem with Watkins so far has clearly been injuries. It's definitely fair to criticize him for this. I don't blame him for it, but it sucks for team especially with the price they paid to go out and get him. Seems like it's impossible for him to finish a game anymore without some type of ding or injury that causes him to be ineffective.

Everyone gets injured. But most guys can still perform not at 100%. Seems like if Sammy is any fraction less than 100% his only skill is drawing a double team.

Agreed.

I dont understand the logic behind locking some controversial threads that actually have a structured debate - often involving anti-NFL language or possibility of corruption and game fixing, and allowing this 29 page fiasco that has devolved into a comparison of children in a pushing fight?

This thread is being allowed because it is an easy distraction that lets fans quibble among themselves rather than a thread where the NFL is a target which immediately gets locked.

When you figure out how this threads continuation contributes positively to the community, let me know. On its face, it sure as hell looks like censorship when some are locked and others are not by the mods. It makes TBD being just another agenda controlled media source.

Soooooooo now you devolve it into a TBD censorship discussion?

Soooooooo now you devolve it into a TBD censorship discussion?

I'm just saying its a 29 page thread on a guys instagram post. What more could be said that is contributing positively to the community. My post was an observation and comparison. I'm not bringing the thread any lower than it already is or strayed further from the topic than the board normally allows.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

he basically mocked his fans and internet detractors by calling them "losers" with "little jobs for the rest of your lives" and that they "wish they had his life".

of course he backpedaled the next day.

IS this not true? The idiots on twitter have strong jealousy towards athletes.

Hell, I do, they live a great life.

I'm flabbergasted with his public responses and find it very disheartening. I certainly expected so much better from him as we all did. I see a statement coming out from both the Bills and Sammy, per damage control, on the way soon.

what was it he said?

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/RYcGYNPlR3SNvYk1zVdSVA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1/http://globalfinance.zenfs.com/en_us/Finance/US_AFTP_SILICONALLEY_H_LIVE/Bills_wide_receiver_goes_on-748a900f7cc142b4fe157aa974c95e2e

Edited by SinceWarMemorial

This story needs to die.

Not going to happen for another day. Papers ran with it this morning for all the people who don't follow every word on the internet. I'm sure national outlets will pick it up and run with it for a day then move on to the next "controversy."

Has anyone actually stopped and looked at what people have been posting at him?

I wish he would not have responded.....but fake tough internet people post crazy stuff

Yep, and they do it specifically to get a reaction. Give it to them and it makes them all happy inside.

he basically mocked his fans and internet detractors by calling them "losers" with "little jobs for the rest of your lives" and that they "wish they had his life".

of course he backpedaled the next day.

I also heard he said something about the fans' mommas being rather fat.........

There is only one way for Sammy to get out of the dog house with the fans. He must stay healthy and produce on the field. If he does that all will be forgotten. If he does not, he will have a miserable time in Buffalo.

Sammy also has to realize that as a fan base, Bills' fans are much less caustic then most other cities. Some advise from a person with a petty little job to Sammy, smarten up, shut up and do whatever you can to stay on the field and produce.

Edited by davspo

There is only one way for Sammy to get out of the dog house with the fans. He must stay healthy and produce on the field. If he does that all will be forgotten. If he does not, he will have a miserable time in Buffalo.

Sammy also has to realize that as a fan base, Bills' fans are much less caustic then most other cities. Some advise from a person with a petty little job to Sammy, smarten up, shut up and do whatever you can to stay on the field and produce.

But fans, you can say whatever the hell you want and not have to worry about it.......

But fans, you can say whatever the hell you want and not have to worry about it.......

Basically yes. No one gives a rats hairy ass about what some random dbag Bills fan says (except apparently Watkins since it was about him) so no one pays attention to it. But a lot of people care about what Watkins says, otherwise they wouldn't be following his twitter, or instagram or whatever that post was on. So people react to Watkins when he posts like a dbag.

You don't have to love it, but that's the way it is. I suspect there is a way he could block specific dbags, or everyone, from posting to him.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'd imagine it depends on the agent, agency and player.

Writing a blanket statement would be silly, but it's some degree of separation typically

I'm going to assume that they use the boss' playbook.

At least they employ someone who can tweet an apology in proper English sentences.