Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult? No, very easy actually. Don't like what people are saying on your twitter account? Stop reading it. If you must read it, don't reply. If you must reply in a semi-literate and condescending fashion, accept the crap

Grandpas rules to tweeting 101.

Sammy can say whatever he wants. Kids like social media and they have bigger mouths now. So what.

Show some production and you can run around sounding like Ric Flair. Woooooo!

Did people ever stop to think that maybe Sammy took this one a little more personality because twitter trolls decided to ruin a picture with negative comments that featured his daughter prominently in it? Especially with a positive memory like taking her to Disneyland?

There comes a time and a place where you can criticize a player, crapping all over him for taking his kid to an amusement park on his bye week shows more of the pettiness of this fanbase than it does Sammy's lack of sensitivity.

But let the Butt-Hurt Sammy Haters Club continue their booster drive for membership.

First injury was a pulled muscle. You cannot play through that because (1) it doesn't allow you to perform, and (2) it will only get worse.

Second injury to his ankle, I assume, was similar.

Last year the guy played with broken ribs, which is about the most painful injury I can imagine playing with as a WR in football. Anyone who questions his toughness is an idiot.

He's right. Probably shouldn't pick fights with idiot fans on Instagram...and idiot fans on Instagram should maybe not choose a photo of him and his daughter at Disney World to be dbags.

This...certain people's behavior in response is abysmal.

I'm glad someone explained earlier in this thread that he meant "wants" when he wrote "once" - I read the last part like 10 times and eventually just gave up trying to understand WTF he meant.

I said the same thing...13 pages ago :D

ive echoed it a few times along the way. i feel like its worth underscoring.

his comment, immature, dumb, whatever... ultimately directed at people that are saying hateful, sometimes really offensive, things about him on a picture he posted with his daughter.

as the public figure, you hope he learns to brush it off.... but it always surprises me how little attention goes towards some of the really terrible things sent to public figures too.

Did people ever stop to think that maybe Sammy took this one a little more personality because twitter trolls decided to ruin a picture with negative comments that featured his daughter prominently in it? Especially with a positive memory like taking her to Disneyland?

There comes a time and a place where you can criticize a player, crapping all over him for taking his kid to an amusement park on his bye week shows more of the pettiness of this fanbase than it does Sammy's lack of sensitivity.

But let the Butt-Hurt Sammy Haters Club continue their booster drive for membership.

Good post. Why do folks think these guys should be held to some different standard due to their job? Because it pays well? They are not people entrusted to protect the public, elected officials ( I know, that's a whole other topic) members of congress or in the CIA. They are just entertainers that play a game. He has every right to lash out in response.

Good post. Why do folks think these guys should be held to some different standard due to their job? Because it pays well? They are not people entrusted to protect the public, elected officials ( I know, that's a whole other topic) members of congress or in the CIA. They are just entertainers that play a game. He has every right to lash out in response.

hes also the representative of a large business. which comes with responsibilities like not angering the people that give their money to that business. he shouldnt be let completely off the hook for neglecting that duty with his response.....

id be more apt to really call character out on a hypothetical like greg hardy defending his actions, than a sammy watkins upset over posts on a picture of his daughter. but he still failed at one of his responsibilities by posting it.

hes also the representative of a large business. which comes with responsibilities like not angering the people that give their money to that business. he shouldnt be let completely off the hook for neglecting that duty with his response.....

id be more apt to really call character out on a hypothetical like greg hardy defending his actions, than a sammy watkins upset over posts on a picture of his daughter. but he still failed at one of his responsibilities by posting it.

Perhaps. Just saying there is no reason for anyone ( save a few morons that put comments on his media page) to be angry in any way. Nothing wrong with his post.

He needs a PR guy for sure. This is not his first PR misstep and I doubt it will be his last. I don't have a problem with what he did, maybe his spelling and grammar--especially for someone with a college education. It all boils down to perceptions.

:censored: you and your :censored: paying job... j/k he posted this:

12179711_10205115116979522_1800920097_n.

To add context, this was a response on instagram to his posts of him walking around Disney with his family. Some Bills fans were upset that he wasn't healthy enough to play on Sunday, but could walk around a theme park for an entire day without crutches or a boot.

I think it was a poor choice of insults but hardly unforgivable. He should have someone review his tweets before he sends them.

As a culture I think we should view the **** talking Twitter trolls as both contemptible and pathetic. If you're telling a player to kill himself for being injured or not performing to your expectation, maybe you should take your own advice.

And if any Twitter trolls are reading this, know that most people have more respect for a 40 year old virgin who plays Magic the gathering and jerks off to anime than they do for you.

Rome just lit into him, basically said he was terrible at the internet and needs to apologize to Bills fans...Josh from Buffalo calls in and say Watkins probably got hurt on purpose as the only way he would get 10 targets is on the sidelines with EJ sailing his passes out of bounds... :w00t:

It's funny to me that people think they can insult others or, in general, say crazy things to another man and then get upset by their response. His paycheck doesn't mean he has to take abuse from "fans". If you don't want it, don't bring it.

Some here are taking this too personally, but then again a hit dog hollers every time.

Edited by purple haze

Rome just lit into him, basically said he was terrible at the internet and needs to apologize to Bills fans...Josh from Buffalo calls in and say Watkins probably got hurt on purpose as the only way he would get 10 targets is on the sidelines with EJ sailing his passes out of bounds... :w00t:

Haha, awesome.

But Gragg knows you don't have to be hurt to get targeted out of bounds.

OMG. You guys are defending this dope. I could tolerate the "Gimme my 10 targets" and "I could have Julio Jones stats if I had 20 targets" bull ****....but this dolt is bordering on TO material. Never, never, never call out your fans!! That's the sign of immaturity and a lack of professionalism. You can go ahead and defend him all you want but I've made up my mind on this kid.

You are correct!!!

What the heck is Watkins "thinking?" It is not a good strategy to belittle the fans that support your team and pay your salary. As someone who has contributed virtually nothing to the Bills thus far in his career, he might consider being quiet.

If Watkins wants to silence the critics then he should produce on the field. If he succeeds, the critics will disappear. If he remains on the trainer's table the rest of his career and keeps making idiotic comments by himself (or through his agent) then he will have a miserable time in this league.

Many people believe it was a mistake to spend two 1st round picks to draft him. Watkins is doing his best to prove them to be correct.