Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

Seriously? Look at yourself. You're taking this more personally than Sammy himself. This guy made a serious PR mistake and his character has come into question a few times now.

That's where we are right now with Sammy Watkins, like it or not. He hasn't produced much, which can be forgiven a little due to injuries - but he's running his mouth which doesn't sit well with people. How you can continue to overlook that and defend it is beyond me.

Probably because once he gets back on the field all of this will be forgotten

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly you don't get it because you're drawing comparisons between dissimilar concepts, claiming they are similar, and thus hypocritical.

First off, working/middle class people are not the same as career minimum wage earners.

Secondly, opposing a Federally mandated minimum wage hike is not personally denigrating those who make minimum wage.

So are you being dishonest or are you too simple to grasp those distinctions?

Again, insulting my intelligence when you don't know me. Fine. I understand the distinctions you make, holding a certain viewpoint etc. they are not necessarily one and the same. Just saying that I have seen statements on that board that do personally denigrate those people, ( quite often actually) in a " holier than thou" manner that some are saying they see in SWs comments. And I find this humorous and ironic as many of the same folks on this board likely have posted there. I can thoroughly grasp that not everyone here has done this.

Again, insulting my intelligence when you don't know me. Fine. I understand the distinctions you make, holding a certain viewpoint etc. they are not necessarily one and the same. Just saying that I have seen statements on that board that do personally denigrate those people, ( quite often actually) in a " holier than thou" manner that some are saying they see in SWs comments. And I find this humorous and ironic as many of the same folks on this board likely have posted there. I can thoroughly grasp that not everyone here has done this.

Silly rabbit. He doesn't have to know you.

Watkins not only has a glass jaw but now he's a public relations nightmare too? OBJ has it all over this clown.

Right. What's not to admire about a guy that punches opposing players on the field ( then runs away) when things aren't going well for him? He's got it all over SW for sure.

Silly rabbit. He doesn't have to know you.

K

Right. What's not to admire about a guy that punches opposing players on the field ( then runs away) when things aren't going well for him? He's got it all over SW for sure.

Just about to write the same thing. OBJ is a ticking time bomb.

I questioned whether the flawed conclusion you were drawing was the product of dishonesty or if you truly can't make the logical distinction between the two. If I knew you I probably wouldn't have to ask.

I questioned whether the flawed conclusion you were drawing was the product of dishonesty or if you truly can't make the logical distinction between the two. If I knew you I probably wouldn't have to ask.

I never said it was an absolute conclusion in my post. Just food for thought, that there might be some irony there. I think there is. In a forum of ( often flawed) ideas, I'm throwing it out there. It's not an absolute, just a thought that may get some to examine their own beliefs. Nothing dishonest about it at all. I won't insult your ability to grasp what I'm saying. Cheers.

So are the fans who tell players to die and kill themselves in the right? And we should just accept that as what it is?

Again, sports fans are the worst kind of people.

You'd be suprised what kind of garbage is spewed on twitter.

its not just Sammy, its athletes in general.

People everyday tell these other humans to kill themselves, and how they are going to "get their family"

Imagine you have thousands of people everyday just coming at you telling you how much you suck at your job, relentlessly.

So what? Turn it off. This kid has already proven he's not too bright with the public comments, so why would he bother with any of this? People "attack" you on twitter--ignore them or get off twitter. When you start mocking people who have real jobs that don't pay what his play game job pays, he looks like an ass as well.

I would bet almost all of us have far more important things to do at our little jobs than cruise twitter and war with/denigrate people who don't like us.

giphy.gif

Haha...best response yet.

Breaking: dumb football player responds to dumb fans while (some) other dumb fans debate it's merit on a message board.

Get back to your jobs people. Piddly or otherwise. It's the bye week and we all need a break from the looks of it.

What did he say. I can't see it

:censored: you and your :censored: paying job... j/k he posted this:

12179711_10205115116979522_1800920097_n.

To add context, this was a response on instagram to his posts of him walking around Disney with his family. Some Bills fans were upset that he wasn't healthy enough to play on Sunday, but could walk around a theme park for an entire day without crutches or a boot.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Probably because once he gets back on the field all of this will be forgotten

By some. In my world, you don't get to be a spoiled, entitled, whiny brat but all is forgiven because you can run and catch, simple skills a 5 year old possesses you just do better. I root for laundry, so the logo. Once in a while, and this is the key point here, once in a while, root for a guy because I like what he stands for, how he carries himself, and how he treats people. Fred Jackson is a great example. So the same holds true for the opposite personalities, which Watkins appears to be, which is I won't root for him personally, he's unlikable in my book. That's me. If you want to look past all that and buy the athletic prowess, that's your choice. But in reality, we don't get to do that, just see a guy on the field. This guy is jammed down our throats in commercials and in the Bills PR. So we're basically being told, "Hey, this is a good guy, buy what he tells you to buy and root for him." I'm saying no thanks, you're selling me a person I don't like. A guy who cries publicly about catches, has his agent call the organization, and now this is all that is wrong with the entitled, me generation, both in society and for some at the WR position. Put up and shut up.

It's also the reason why I laugh when I see adults where the jerseys of 20-somethings. I never wore a jersey when I was a kid and never would now. I don't get that level of emotion.

Yeah they are. A lot of people have adapted the "suck it up and deal with it because you make more money than me" mentality.

yea - in the grand scheme of things his comment is pretty darn mild compared to what some have sent his way....

doesnt mean his response was smart at all.

First injury was a pulled muscle. You cannot play through that because (1) it doesn't allow you to perform, and (2) it will only get worse.

Second injury to his ankle, I assume, was similar.

Last year the guy played with broken ribs, which is about the most painful injury I can imagine playing with as a WR in football. Anyone who questions his toughness is an idiot.

He's right. Probably shouldn't pick fights with idiot fans on Instagram...and idiot fans on Instagram should maybe not choose a photo of him and his daughter at Disney World to be dbags.

Again it's pretty clear . SW is talking to a few losers who have a problem with him being injured. His occupation has a 100% injury rate, and he won't be the last guy to get hurt. They shouldn't worry about him and should focus on their own lives and jobs because they obviously suck if they are devoting time to putting him down on his media page due to injury. Nothing to see here, good for him. I applaud his response to these jerks.