Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did he delete it then?

Because of what people are doing right now?

Probably a knee jerk reaction by him....upset at some of the things they had to say...then later realized not a smart thing to do (someone probably told him it was not a smart thing to do)

If he didn't feel he needed to delete it, why would he?

That question has been answered Chan

Sorry my work blocks social media

Can someone summerize what he said?

CBF

He called the idiot fans attacking him on social media about a pic of him and his daughter losers and told them to go back to their loser jobs.

And rightfully so.

Edited by CountDorkula

Because of what people are doing right now?

Probably a knee jerk reaction by him....upset at some of the things they had to say...then later realized not a smart thing to do (someone probably told him it was not a smart thing to do)

That question has been answered Chan

If someone told him that, how does that not make it something he needed to do?

On the one hand, I understand he's a youngster. And he's facing unkind criticism when I'm sure he's already frustrated himself with the injuries. It's not like he got injured on purpose. He wants to play. The entire situation must be hard on him.

On the other hand, the best response is no response.

I hope he gets healthy and productive soon and we all move on.

One (I) would expect that a professional athlete would be able to handle the criticisms that all professional athletes get on social media.

Again - I'm not condoning coming down on the guy for being hurt. But he needs to be the bigger person and keep his "mouth" shut. That's what the real pros do.

Not your fault, but it's such a misplaced term in describing these guys. Professional how? I get it, be on time, talk to the press etc. These guys get a 2 day seminar on how to "be professional." They get lectures from Chris Carter for god's sake. A lot of these guys didn't come from the best backgrounds, they lack tact in dealing with simple matters.

Nice attempt at a put down. No, I fully comprehend what I read there. Just saying this isn't much different, only the source. I don't peruse that board all that often any more, but I know what I've seen there in the past. Now all of a sudden minimum wage job holders are " hard working". I don't think you'd see that reaction on that board discussing , oh single - payer health care or a $ 15 hr min wage . I'm not saying that I support those things, just that the outrage over SW 's comments to a few losers is humorous.

Clearly you don't get it because you're drawing comparisons between dissimilar concepts, claiming they are similar, and thus hypocritical.

First off, working/middle class people are not the same as career minimum wage earners.

Secondly, opposing a Federally mandated minimum wage hike is not personally denigrating those who make minimum wage.

So are you being dishonest or are you too simple to grasp those distinctions?

to be fair, in his first season he played very well, and comparable to some of the best rookies. the problem was people were envisioning those guys at their own actual peak at all times, every game, from week 1. and not just ability on the field but PRODUCTION at that level. most criticising him have no idea how he runs routes compared to those guys, or quickness, or... they know yards and tds.

outside the last couple of weeks injured, hes played excellent on the field and still caught hell - so yea, its not shocking hed be frustrated about it.

fighting on social media is not the way to handle that, and as a guy thats 22, hopefully he matures out of it.

All well and good, but this is really not about performance on the field, draft position, etc. this is about some idiots making anonymous statements on social media that are ignorant. And SW gave them a non- anonymous verbal comeuppance. It's not about someone say, booing at the stadium if SW drops a pass. It's about crossing a line on what is acceptable to say behind the shield of social media. I think all bets are off on the response to such things.

I am on his instagram right now. The messages people are leaving, on pictures of him and his family at Disneyworld, are ridiculous. I am actually ashamed to be a Bills fan. (Well more than usual anyway)

Would the high road be better? Yes.

Would setting his Instagram to private be advisable? Probably.

But nothing he does or doesn't do justifies the vile statements being made towards him.

What!? Nobody is trying to justify the ridiculous statements made toward him...

Not your fault, but it's such a misplaced term in describing these guys. Professional how? I get it, be on time, talk to the press etc. These guys get a 2 day seminar on how to "be professional." They get lectures from Chris Carter for god's sake. A lot of these guys didn't come from the best backgrounds, they lack tact in dealing with simple matters.

It's really quite simple. Don't say anything when you don't have to. And when you have to, don't say anything stupid. Use the cliches and CYA.

Watkins not only has a glass jaw but now he's a public relations nightmare too? OBJ has it all over this clown.

Yup.

Maybe the ones that are getting upset with what Sammy said, and are saying he needs thicker skin, also need thicker skin...

Seriously? Look at yourself. You're taking this more personally than Sammy himself. This guy made a serious PR mistake and his character has come into question a few times now.

That's where we are right now with Sammy Watkins, like it or not. He hasn't produced much, which can be forgiven a little due to injuries - but he's running his mouth which doesn't sit well with people. How you can continue to overlook that and defend it is beyond me.