Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

So, because he's a professional athlete this 22 year old kid shouldn't have twitter or Instagram? How about people grow up and stop anonymously attacking someone because they aren't performing at their job. Do yourself a favor and follow these guys on social media.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have it, but to have social media and not be prepared to deal with lunacy? Pure lunacy.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, because he's a professional athlete this 22 year old kid shouldn't have twitter or Instagram? How about people grow up and stop anonymously attacking someone because they aren't performing at their job. Do yourself a favor and follow these guys on social media.

Sammy needs to have someone managing his social media if can get baited like this

There will always be pigs of the earth that thing being anonymous on the internet allows them to drag others down into their mud

If they say what Sally said in her little hissy fit rant? Abso - freaking - lutely.

There is no helping you or others who share that opinion. Anyone who says such things on another's social media deserves whatever reply they get. Simple as that.

You guys remember all that stuff JPP said after he blew his finger off? You know, when the entire Giants fan base was slamming him on a daily basis?

Neither do I. Because he never said schit.

Common, most stupid comparison ever. JPP is still relearning how to type.

He can do whatever he wants. That's not the point. If he wants to throw his girlfriend onto a couch full of assault rifles, he might be suspended for 4 games. If he wants to be active on twitter, he might have to deal with idiots who talk trash behind the internet's anonymity. If he publicly responds to said idiots with an extremely broad brush about worthless low paying 9-5 jobs when his fanbase is a blue collar city with a low cost of living, he might be criticized for being an idiot himself.

That sums it up best. You have to know that if you post anything remotely controversial you're going to find yourself in hot water. So if you can't handle the online tough guy comments simply avoid having social media. Be as active as you want on social media as an athlete, but if you're too thinned skinned stay off it.

There is no helping you or others who share that opinion. Anyone who says such things on another's social media deserves whatever reply they get. Simple as that.

Yes, they do. They deserve it. But a professional athlete needs to rise above it.

You guys remember all that stuff JPP said after he blew his finger off? You know, when the entire Giants fan base was slamming him on a daily basis?

Neither do I. Because he never said schit.

Wrong!

What happened to me was not a set back. God has greater plans for me. No man can judge me accepted God himself.
— iamjasonpierrepaul (@UDWJPP)

My bad except lost a finger LOL.
— iamjasonpierrepaul (@UDWJPP)

Edited by FireChan

People threatened Sammy's family? What did you personally read that justified his response?

I can't imagine what you are asking me to, but I can imagine nearly every NFL players catches the same sh++t every week on social media from both fans and enemies, yet nearly all of them don't take respond--or certainly don't respond in the stupid way Watkins did.

Exactly, I'm sure Trent, Fitz, EJ all took similar crap on social media when they were working their tails off trying to win and just simply weren't good enough. Didn't see them complain back at everyone.

Being should a high draft pick (and what all the Bills gave up to move up to get him) and how several other receivers drafted after him (mainly Beckham) have hit there mark in the nfl, i can see why both fans and Watkins can be upset. One has to be honest about how much has been injured, the same way they need to be honest about him not being targeted correctly. He has talent, however seems to lose focus at times and drops easy throws, and stalls drives at times. I would say tweeter wars with people not a winning cause.

Maybe the ones that are getting upset with what Sammy said, and are saying he needs thicker skin, also need thicker skin...

Its hard to blame Watkins or the fans for this situation. Watkins is a very good player who played through injury last year and has had bad luck with injuries this year. And he is truthful when he points out that the Bills are not in a position to use him properly in many games.

From the fans perspective Doug Whaley and OBD built Sammy up to be a "generational talent" at WR who was going to make any QB instantly better by his very presence. This was the first time in NFL history a GM traded up to a top 5 pick to get a WR. It was a unique event. Fan expectations were not for a competent #1 WR. Fan expectations were for a guy who people would compare to Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson and AJ Green. And that certainly hasn't happened yet.

to be fair, in his first season he played very well, and comparable to some of the best rookies. the problem was people were envisioning those guys at their own actual peak at all times, every game, from week 1. and not just ability on the field but PRODUCTION at that level. most criticising him have no idea how he runs routes compared to those guys, or quickness, or... they know yards and tds.

outside the last couple of weeks injured, hes played excellent on the field and still caught hell - so yea, its not shocking hed be frustrated about it.

fighting on social media is not the way to handle that, and as a guy thats 22, hopefully he matures out of it.

Because nobody forced Sammy to have a Twitter account in the first place. He could delete it and eliminate the psychotic criticisms any time he wants. Unfortunately, I can't delete his ignorance.

So now he shouldn't have a twitter account or whatever? That's the issue? This is entertainment , people. These guys are highly paid entertainers, that's it. I wonder if folks go on Tom Cruise's account to tell him how awful he was in his last flick, or threaten his family because he hasn't made a new movie in awhile? Perhaps they do, I don't know. I also don't know why so many would rise to the defense of a few dirtbags? Or why anyone who didn't ( or wouldn't ) make these comments on another's media page would be offended by the response. Or even care that much at all.

So now he shouldn't have a twitter account or whatever? That's the issue? This is entertainment , people. These guys are highly paid entertainers, that's it. I wonder if folks go on Tom Cruise's account to tell him how awful he was in his last flick, or threaten his family because he hasn't made a new movie in awhile? Perhaps they do, I don't know. I also don't know why so many would rise to the defense of a few dirtbags? Or why anyone who didn't ( or wouldn't ) make these comments on another's media page would be offended by the response. Or even care that much at all.

Because then they would have nothing to B***** about.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have it, but to have social media and not be prepared to deal with lunacy? Pure lunacy.

I am on his instagram right now. The messages people are leaving, on pictures of him and his family at Disneyworld, are ridiculous. I am actually ashamed to be a Bills fan. (Well more than usual anyway)

Would the high road be better? Yes.

Would setting his Instagram to private be advisable? Probably.

But nothing he does or doesn't do justifies the vile statements being made towards him.

Yes, they do. They deserve it. But a professional athlete needs to rise above it.

Again, why? They don't " need" to do anything, just because they have a certain job. SW is just another individual with a twit-a gram account, just like anyone else.