Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I’m shocked how many of you are defending this.

2. This shows serious immaturity and relays back to what we have been hearing about Sammy, that he’s a me-first type of guy

3. That was one of the worst attempts at the english language I have ever seen from someone with a college education. He confused “once” for “wants”. I’m actually stunned by that level of ignorance.

4. I keep seeing all these other WRs in the draft class (Beckham, Hopkins, and Evans at the top of the list) and I just don’t understand the need to reach like we did. All I hear about Hopkins is how hard he works and his numbers are out of this world with NO QB. Watkins can only catch what is thrown to him, but I’m starting to lose hope (I’ve already lost any respect)

So are the fans who tell players to die and kill themselves in the right? And we should just accept that as what it is?

Again, sports fans are the worst kind of people.

Difficult? No, very easy actually. Don't like what people are saying on your twitter account? Stop reading it. If you must read it, don't reply. If you must reply in a semi-literate and condescending fashion, accept the crap that will necessarily come your way.

What are the terrible things being said about him by these "worst kinds of people"?

You'd be suprised what kind of garbage is spewed on twitter.

its not just Sammy, its athletes in general.

People everyday tell these other humans to kill themselves, and how they are going to "get their family"

Imagine you have thousands of people everyday just coming at you telling you how much you suck at your job, relentlessly.

OMG. You guys are defending this dope. I could tolerate the "Gimme my 10 targets" and "I could have Julio Jones stats if I had 20 targets" bull ****....but this dolt is bordering on TO material. Never, never, never call out your fans!! That's the sign of immaturity and a lack of professionalism. You can go ahead and defend him all you want but I've made up my mind on this kid.

The age of social media has rewritten many of the rules. I suppose the crap EJ has taken on his twitter is just normal fan banter too. It's not always wise to actively defend yourself when attacked but it is usually a totally understandable response. None of the fans I know would make death threats, burn up a lawn or criticize a player for taking his daughter to Disney World during a bye week. I'll call out these so called "fans." They are an embarassment.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

On August 26, 2002, Hines Ward was released from the hospital after an appendectomy. On Sept. 9, 2002, Ward played his first of 16 games that season and had 8 catches for 90 yards.

If anyone's an embarrassment, it's Sally Watkins.

If he ran routes in games as much as he ran his mouf, then he might have a leg to stand on.

His little rant makes him look stupid, immature and weak.

He doesnt make me feel to good about working my little job though. Hes a good player when hes healthy, and Im happy hes on the team. But in general I am indifferent about NFL players outside of their job. Theyre just another celebrity in my book.

People on twitter are horrible. Anywhere people can make anonymous comments about people, videos, topics, etc... be prepared to read some stupid, often racist and ill willed, comments from the bowels of peoples minds. And with twitter its worse because you can tweet directly to the person! These comments often have no repercussion, so people become vile.

That being said, hes a pro athlete. Part of the job description is dealing with retarded fans. Deal with it.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

He is a BUST and he's having trouble accepting it.. But for the Bills he is a DOUBLE BUST because we spent 2 number one picks on the sissy.

Guess he didn't like the comments you put on his whatevergram account. And who's " we" anyways? Do you mean the Bills?

So are the fans who tell players to die and kill themselves in the right? And we should just accept that as what it is?

Again, sports fans are the worst kind of people.

You'd be suprised what kind of garbage is spewed on twitter.

its not just Sammy, its athletes in general.

People everyday tell these other humans to kill themselves, and how they are going to "get their family"

Imagine you have thousands of people everyday just coming at you telling you how much you suck at your job, relentlessly.

People threatened Sammy's family? What did you personally read that justified his response?

I can't imagine what you are asking me to, but I can imagine nearly every NFL players catches the same sh++t every week on social media from both fans and enemies, yet nearly all of them don't take respond--or certainly don't respond in the stupid way Watkins did.

People threatened Sammy's family? What did you personally read that justified his response?

I can't imagine what you are asking me to, but I can imagine nearly every NFL players catches the same sh++t every week on social media from both fans and enemies, yet nearly all of them don't take respond--or certainly don't respond in the stupid way Watkins did.

Yes. I'd have to go through thousands of twitter mentions that i cannot do at work because of firewalls.

Sammy is a person who happens to play football as a profession. If we are not going to care about the amount of crap he/or any NFL players gets hit with daily from "fans", why should we care how or what they respond with?

Either you don't peruse PPP often or you lack the cognitive ability to comprehend what you read there.

Nice attempt at a put down. No, I fully comprehend what I read there. Just saying this isn't much different, only the source. I don't peruse that board all that often any more, but I know what I've seen there in the past. Now all of a sudden minimum wage job holders are " hard working". I don't think you'd see that reaction on that board discussing , oh single - payer health care or a $ 15 hr min wage . I'm not saying that I support those things, just that the outrage over SW 's comments to a few losers is humorous.

Jesus

Your prob one of these twitter followers causing him to talk like that

We're talking about an adult, right? And a professional, correct?

Nobody "causes" someone to say dumb schit.

On August 26, 2002, Hines Ward was released from the hospital after an appendectomy. On Sept. 9, 2002, Ward played his first of 16 games that season and had 8 catches for 90 yards.

If anyone's an embarrassment, it's Sally Watkins.

If he ran routes in games as much as he ran his mouf, then he might have a leg to stand on.

His little rant makes him look stupid, immature and weak.

People will see things the way they want to see them

I personally wish athletes did not go on twitter at all....nothing good can come of it

We're talking about an adult, right? And a professional, correct?

Nobody "causes" someone to say dumb schit.

So what is your excuse?

This just proves that Sammy Watkins could care less about how many wins the Bills have or the Bills franchise as a whole. It's all about him getting stats and looking good. The minute people aren't saying how great he is or being wowed by some youtube video of him at practice then he says something stupid like this.

He needs to recognize that he's in a production business and he just mouthed off to his clients. There is no point in having a "Ferrari" if its always in the garage. The "little" people/fans that he put down probably get paid to work per hour/week/job. The Bills have been cutting checks for him to crack jokes on the sidelines while his team loses to one of the worst teams in the league. I have a feeling if Sammy got paid per game or practice, he'd be out there a lot more.

Is this rock bottom for the Bills now?? If the Bills could get wins for talk then they'd be undefeated. Who is going to be the guy in the building to put an arm around Sammy and tell him to cut the crap?

Your totally right and I have grown tired of him. And no I have never bashed him in social media. I have pointed out he needs to see the field and quit goofing off on the sideline. Thats not calling anyone out thats merely stating hes a professional and conduct yourself as such.

Personally, I think people who talk **** to athletes on Twitter are dipshits, and I'm not bothered by his comments because I'm comfortable with my station in life, but I absolutely understand why others are offended. He basically said that he sees middle class people with regular jobs as losers who are beneath him.

The "he wasn't talking about me" argument doesn't hold water either. He wasn't talking to you, but he was most definitely talking about you, assuming you don't have a glamorous job making millions.

It's not an " argument" when one is saying they are not offended by SWs statements. I also don't feel he is making a statement about the " middle class". I see it more like if you are taking time from your life to go on SWs social media page to make derogatory comments, you likely are not middle class. It's more like a no-class low life that is likely working a piddly job by day , going on social media by night and playing video games in their underwear waiting for a gov't assistance check. I just see no issue with Sammy telling it like it is. This is America, after all. We celebrate capitalism, wealth, and income inequality as well. What's the big deal?

I just think that anonymous twitter followers that call Sammy out over injuries are complete jerks (therefore should have been ignored)

They dont want to take into account that this kid played injured all of last season....with those ribs.....he was able to do it because its upper body but with a lot of pain.....YOU CANNOT RUN WHEN YOU HAVE A LOWER BODY INJURY

My guess is that Sammy lashed out (which he should not have) because he himself is upset that he is injured and cannot help his team.....he is a competitor and the doctors tell him when he can and cannot play.

I still like Sammy.....he just has to be smarter then that

And the people that are attacking him are what?

So again are we just ok with those attacking him?

Every adult is responsible for his own actions. It's called accountability. Attacking him for being hurt, in my opinion, is stupid. Attacking him for being an unprofessional baby, in my opinion, is warranted. He opens himself up to it whenever he DECIDES to say something stupid in a public forum.