Bill from NYC

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts and prayers are with you Bill!

I stumbled on this site many years ago and loved your " few thoughts" post.

Now, a many-times-a-day reader of TBD, following your post game thoughts has become as much of a game day tradition as the wings, beers and game itself.

Get well soon and God bless!

Thanks for sharing, Amanda. . . . Thoughts and prayers to you, your family, and especially our dad. . . .

Hey Bill - - when you are feeling well enough to share a few thoughts with your daughter about having a stroke, I would abandon the "no particular order" paradigm and put this item at the top of the list!

Seriously, though - - get well soon. I hate to suggest a NE Pat**** as a role model, but Tedy Bruschi had a stroke and made it all the way back to play in the NFL. Hang in there.

I strongly suggest, for the sake of his health, that when you share the result of this game with your dad you lie your ass off.

Yeah umm what a great game by the defense. 10 sacks and 3 interceptions. Wow!

The only threads I read on this part of the forum are his thoughts about the game in no particular order.

Get well!

Hope Amanda doesn't mind sharing her FB posts, but she's back in VA (tired & frustrated) but grateful to God for the great recovery.

That's a great sign that she could go back home & Bill is on the mend. I guess it's no joke that these Bills can give a man a stroke. Get the ship together Rex, or Bill will be in your office soon.

Hello everyone! Looks like he is being discharged today!! :thumbsup: Not sure yet whether he will be in a rehab place for a few days or go right home for occupational therapy but things are looking good! He really appreciates all your support! :D

Fantastic news! Is it too early to give him hell? :D

It is ironic that the internet, especially social media, is often blamed for making people impersonal, isolated, or "dulled" to the real world.

Nothing could be more incorrect, in my opinion.

I have made friends here who I have never met except in virtual reality.

Some have become friends in the "real" world.

Some have been my friends for a decade or two.

We have shared our happiness and our pain.

My three daughters and son are grown up and are friends with some of you.

They have graduated high school or maybe college.

Some are married and have children. I have eight grandchildren.

We have had some very personal conversations.

Parents, children, and even some of the TBD people have died since we met here.

Over the past decade, YOU have sponsored me for well over $10,000 when I do the MS Walk every year.

Bill, you need to know that you have friends here. Amanda, we have never met but I pray for you and Bill and your family.

Looking for Bill's thoughts "in no particular order" is a habit for me, and many others.

Just wanted to let you know in my small way that you matter. :thumbsup:

Rockpile

Edited by rockpile

It is ironic that the internet, especially social media, is often blamed for making people impersonal, isolated, or "dulled" to the real world.

Nothing could be more incorrect, in my opinion.

I have made friends here who I have never met except in virtual reality.

Some have become friends in the "real" world.

Some have been my friends for a decade or two.

We have shared our happiness and our pain.

My three daughters and son are grown up and are friends with some of you.

They have graduated high school or maybe college.

Some are married and have children. I have eight grandchildren.

We have had some very personal conversations.

Parents, children, and even some of the TBD people have died since we met here.

Over the past decade, YOU have sponsored me for well over $10,000 when I do the MS Walk every year.

Bill, you need to know that you have friends here. Amanda, we have never met but I pray for you and Bill and your family.

Looking for Bill's thoughts "in no particular order" is a habit for me, and many others.

Just wanted to let you know in my small way that you matter. :thumbsup:

Rockpile

You nailed it. This is a special place.

Hello everyone! Looks like he is being discharged today!! :thumbsup: Not sure yet whether he will be in a rehab place for a few days or go right home for occupational therapy but things are looking good! He really appreciates all your support! :D

Made my morning. :thumbsup:

Not to worry folks! I was released yesterday and assessed today. It seems that I am doing too well for home care and the nurse recommended outpatient therapy, which will start Friday or Monday. I get around well; even stairs are fine. I'm just tired, craving cigarettes, and spill a little decaf when I hold it in my right hand :).

I have hundreds of hours of leave at work so no issues there.

The outpouring of kindness on this board means more than words could ever explain. I cannot read these posts without tearing up.

I have a great, caring, hot girlfriend lol, wonderful loving daughters, the best group of friends on earth, my pastor who is a woman of God, and yes, this board. Yep, I am blessed and all is well.

I missed this game but saw highlights and the stats on NFL.com. Had I seen it my heart might have exploded, or so it would seem. They showed Mario running back into coverage. I had a mild stroke but I think Rex has lost his mind.

If I can figure out how to do so, I will watch the Jax game.

Thanks again to one and all. Next season, be the Good Lord willing, I am coming up for a game.

You folks have no idea what you mean to me.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

Not to worry folks! I was released yesterday and assessed today. It seems that I am doing too well for home care and the nurse recommended outpatient therapy, which will start Friday or Monday. I get around well; even stairs are fine. I'm just tired, craving cigarettes, and spill a little decaf when I hold it in my right hand :).

The outpouring of kindness on this board means more than words could ever explain. I cannot read these posts without tearing up.

I have a great, caring, hot girlfriend lol, wonderful loving daughters, the best group of friends on earth, my pastor who is a woman of God, and yes, this board. Yep, I am blessed and all is well.

I missed this game but saw highlights and the stats on NFL.com. Had I seen it my heart might have exploded, or so it would seem. They showed Mario running back into coverage. I had a mild stroke but I think Rex has lost his mind.

Thanks again to one and all. Next season, be the Good Lord willing, I am coming up for a game.

BILL!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

WE ALL MISSED YOU!!!!!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to see your post!

CBF

:thumbsup: So happy to see you here today!