What did you do that caused Buffalo to Lose

This is a tough one. Last week I was on a plane coming home from WNY. This week I wasn't on a plane. That'd be hard to replicate each and every week. I did go in for overtime (on my day off). I caught the Bills first TD, then left for work. It's gotta be the fact I went to work for greedy purposes...overtime. Dang 7 deadly sins...greed got the Bills.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can blame this one on me ladies and gents. Rex was nice to take the wrap, but it was what I didn't do that sealed Buffalo's fate on Sunday. Last week, my wife came out dressed in her 28 Spiller jersey. I promptly, as any real man would, got my roll of duct tape and sharpie and made a Darby nameplate. Well, this week I started drinking early. I forgot to re-tape the jersey. For this I am sorry.

What did you do that caused the Bills to lose?

I failed to lock Tom Brady in the team bus... I am so sorry

My bad, guys. I wore the same undershirt (unwashed), the same pair of socks (unwashed), the same long sleeve (unwashed), the same jersey (unwashed), the same pair of jeans (unwashed)... but I didnt know which pair of underwear I had on last week so I put on a fresh pair. The gotchies got me!

Brilliant thread, btw :thumbsup:

On me guys, sorry!

I did not have a bottle of Tequila available.

We do a shot every time they score, but my wife did not feel good. (maybe too many the night b4)

So I decided against going to get a bottle, well they started great but I did not do the shot after the first score, then it all went to he&&!

So, I guess this weekend, you bet I will have a bottle.

I didn't drink any alcohol. Not even a single beer. I haven't watched a game without a few beers in a long time.

OMG! You poor soul. I hope you've made amends and have been blind drunk ever since.

Last week I gave up on believing that anything I do affects the Bills...what a dope! :doh:

Absolute sacrilege! EVERYTHING any Bills fan does is ultimately responsible for the outcome of each and every game. That's what you learn in "Being a fan 101". Friggin rookie. :nana: Edited by Nanker

OMG! You poor soul. I hope you've made amends and have been blind drunk ever since.

Absolute sacrilege! EVERYTHING any Bills fan does is ultimately responsible for the outcome of each and every game. That's what you learn in "Being a fan 101". Friggin rookie. : nana:

I know, I know....but after the last 15 years, I reasoned I had nothing to do with them, now I realized it was a failed experiment! I have shame.

I made love to my wife 4 times between 9am and 12pm (as opposed to the 6 times on a normal Sunday). My bad.

Look, what you do in your own personal time is your business.

What I want to know is whether your daughter stopped at any point in time from brushing those My Little Ponies. That is going to tell us a lot of why things went south on Sunday.

I still can't figure it out!

Sat in my chair, same Watkins Jersey. Wife daughter and son in their spots. Had my same drink. Hung the Bills flags. Had my yellow ref flag and red challenge flags in my pockets.

You did your part. thank you Brother!

i bought a Cassel jersey

so it WAS YOU!!!

I thought it was me!

Wore my Bills shirt. White with the red Buffalo. I only wear white for the game. ever.

But i panicked. i really did. i ran out to the garage and the station wagon and got my hat. put that on too.

like crossing both sets of fingers. i threw it off at the second half realizing my error.

I apologise.

That will never ever happen again.

I will be better prepared against Miami.

Lets go on three ! OnetwothreeBILLS

I watched, of course.

Bills & Sabres now a combined 3-417 all time when I watch the game. 0-57 if I'm there in person.

Re arrange your naps perhaps?

i tried this too when i used to gamble. watch not watch watch not watch aaarrggh

Edited by 3rdand12

Look, what you do in your own personal time is your business.

What I want to know is whether your daughter stopped at any point in time from brushing those My Little Ponies. That is going to tell us a lot of why things went south on Sunday.

My wife would roll her eyes and chuckle at this. But at least I talk a good game.

My daughter brushed the Ponies but when the Pats went up by two TD's I hung one by a string from the ceiling. After some bellyaching from her...I took it down.

I tried everything to change their luck. Sat in like 6 different seats, changed TVs/rooms multiple times, changed clothes, took a walk and came back... and pregame I did everything the same as the week before.

Wtf.

6??? As in the round Brady was drafted.......

giphy.gif

Not a damn thing!

- Wore my 25 year old long-sleeve t-shirt

- Wore my cheesy Zubaz-inspired visor

- Watched the game while sitting in the recliner with laptop, surfing Fantasy stats, TSW, and Facebook

Starting to believe, again, that my actions actually don't affect how they play.

Which is liberating. :thumbsup:

This one might actually be on me. I was notified on Thursday that my Uncle had passed away. He was from Mass living in NY and a huge fan of the Boston sports teams. Calling hours were on Saturday with "private services at the families convenience" Well the wife and I went to the calling hours to find out services were to be Sunday at noon. Of course we went (he was a great man and a great uncle) about a half hour into the trip my wife looks at me and says "I can't believe we're going to miss the game" and I say really? that's what you're thinking about right now?

I had a plan though.. My Aunt lives 5 minutes from the church and lunch was at her house after services. My cousins, one of my other uncles and I had a Genny Cream in the parking lot of the church in honor of my uncle then off we went to my aunts house for gathering and lunch. On goes the T.V. and the game is on. We were only loosely paying attention as we shared funny stories and I was mingling with my cousins childhood friends and the rest of my family. Boom Bills up 7 zip. I continued to visit thinking "that was quick, we have a chance" After a while my 92 year old grandpa called me into the living room and he says your "Billy's" are in trouble. Things were winding down at that point and we were hitting the road as the Bills were trying to mount the comeback. I had the game on the radio in the car. Got about 10 minutes from home and stopped at the store for beverages and dinner stuff's. Came back to the car and it was over.

I felt terrible because I wasn't able to be there for my Bills family but I needed to be there for my family. So in a nutshell it was my fault and I hope you forgive me.

RIP Uncle Al. You got me! Prayers Up.

GO BILLS!

Two things.

Didnt wear my jersey and was stacking cord wood, missed the first drive. Watched from the couch until I could take no more in the 3rd/4th, went out and started stacking more wood, had the radio on. Almost instantly, they started scoring again. I stayed outside though, I didnt run in on the last 4th qtr drive!

I apologize gents because I did many things wrong.

First, I invited a couple Raiders fans to watch the game with me with the Bills Backers of Seattle. One even quietly rooted for the Pats for some incomprehensible reason.

Second, I neglected to order my traditional Buffalo Wings until the second half. My wife is actually the one who caught the error and corrected it - and she's from the Philippines.

Clearly the gods are angry with me.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I recently moved and forgot where I put my bills receiving gloves I always wear them through the whole game (except during commercials/ gotta check on fantasy teams). Good news is that I found them later that day so next week is a win fo sho.

We were live on Sky Sports here in the UK. I have noticed a pattern that we lose when live on Sky. We have now lost our last 4 when they have featured us. Our last win on Sky was the 2012 Thursday Night Football home win over the Dolphins when McKelvin and Thigpen traded return touchdowns.

The bad news? We are live this week as well......

This ones on me guys.

Last week I wore my rather plain Bills tshirt and throwback standing Buffalo hat. This week I wore my 1988 AFC Champions Bills shirt and no throwback hat. My wife also takes some of the blame as my Bills plain tshirt wasn't washed and dried until after half time, when I promptly switched shirts.

Not one my little pony mention?

My son and I blame my wife. Last week the game started to turn in Indys favor as soon as my wife entered the room and we literally shouted her out. We let her watch this week.

We took our shirts off midway through the game to no avail

This one might actually be on me. I was notified on Thursday that my Uncle had passed away. He was from Mass living in NY and a huge fan of the Boston sports teams. Calling hours were on Saturday with "private services at the families convenience" Well the wife and I went to the calling hours to find out services were to be Sunday at noon. Of course we went (he was a great man and a great uncle) about a half hour into the trip my wife looks at me and says "I can't believe we're going to miss the game" and I say really? that's what you're thinking about right now?

I had a plan though.. My Aunt lives 5 minutes from the church and lunch was at her house after services. My cousins, one of my other uncles and I had a Genny Cream in the parking lot of the church in honor of my uncle then off we went to my aunts house for gathering and lunch. On goes the T.V. and the game is on. We were only loosely paying attention as we shared funny stories and I was mingling with my cousins childhood friends and the rest of my family. Boom Bills up 7 zip. I continued to visit thinking "that was quick, we have a chance" After a while my 92 year old grandpa called me into the living room and he says your "Billy's" are in trouble. Things were winding down at that point and we were hitting the road as the Bills were trying to mount the comeback. I had the game on the radio in the car. Got about 10 minutes from home and stopped at the store for beverages and dinner stuff's. Came back to the car and it was over.

I felt terrible because I wasn't able to be there for my Bills family but I needed to be there for my family. So in a nutshell it was my fault and I hope you forgive me.

RIP Uncle Al. You got me! Prayers Up.

GO BILLS!

I am sorry for your loss.

That said, lost in this story is that you must have some wife. I can't imagine my wife expressing any concern over me missing a Bills game!!!