LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't see that -he went back to miami on the jet?

My bad

Let Seattle or NE have him.

Yeah, we could only hope that New England would acquire a top 15 talent for a league minimum salary. That is DEFINITELY in our best interest!! Edited by Kirby Jackson

My bad

Yeah, we could only hope that New England could acquire a top 15 talent for a league minimum salary. That is DEFINITELY in our best interests.

well it's certainly possible that these guys took the jet there to pick him up and bring him back. Could explain why Philbin et al didn't go. Actually the most likely scenario. Edited by YoloinOhio

well it's certainly possible that these guys took the jet there to pick him up and bring him back. Could explain why Philbin et al didn't go. Actually the most likely scenario.

I thought that I read that but I have only been half paying attention. I've actually been doing some work today :).

well it's certainly possible that these guys took the jet there to pick him up and bring him back. Could explain why Philbin et al didn't go. Actually the most likely scenario.

could be the dolphins were worried about the rules and figured some players going on their own accord might be less official.

could be the dolphins were worried about the rules and figured some players going on their own accord might be less official.

But if there was any contact from management to players that could be a violation too

If the Bills do not get him, I hope he signs with Edmonton. Oh wait, that was McDavid.

Seriously, it would suck if he went to another AFC East team. If he does not sign with the Bills, I hope he goes to the NFC.

As an aside, I really do not understand some of the bitching and moaning by some in our "stellar" Buffalo media. The guy is not guilt of anything right now. He may be, but it is looking more and more like the police do not think he had anything to do with this terrible tragedy.

If he had nothing to do with it, Collins is a victim (obviously to a much lesser extent) as well. This past weekend should have been the most exciting time in his (and his family's life). It was all taken away from him.

I give the Bills credit for being proactive.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/05/05/bills-not-expected-to-sign-lael-collins-dolphins-continue-to-make-sense/

Boy, I miss the good old days when Timmy had this beat...

"Collins met with Buffalo coach Rex Ryan in a Baton Rouge restaurant on Monday night. Ryan was reportedly in the area and did not contact Collins’ agent. It was an unsanctioned meeting.

ESPN’s Mike Rodak reported this morning that “It remains unlikely — despite Rex’s dinner — that the Bills sign La’el Collins.”

Edited by Lurker

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/05/tuesday-update-fins-meeting-with-collins-dolphins-auditioning-sec-quarterback.html

Bills coach Rex Ryan met with Collins at a Baton Rouge restaurant on Monday night, but the NFL said teams cannot meet with players who were eligible for the 2015 draft at their campus or residence if the player has withdrawn from school (Collins did not enroll at LSU for the spring semester and the NFL told LSU it considers that withdrawing, according to LSU's sports information director) and if the school’s final exams have not concluded. LSU’s final exams conclude on Saturday.

Asked whether a player would be permitted to meet with a team at a restaurant, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said players "would not be able to meet at a restaurant in the player's city." So does that mean Ryan violated an NFL rule? The league declined to comment.

I don't know where that quote from Brian McCarthy came from, because it was not in the original PFF article, but curious none the less. The rule states home or college campus.

And of course ESPN is quoted as "ruling the Bills out" because of Rodak. So damn annoying.

Edited by What a Tuel

Can Rex meet with Collins if there's a campus map at Applebee's that is owned by the Pegula's?

Yes but they can't own more than one Applebee's in a city so they have to build the other one in Hamilton

If the rule says what has been reported, the Bills did not violate anything. I think other teams may be pissed that the new Bills are aggressive.

or the rule is slightly broader than reported.

or the bills may be the next to catch some punishment for an aggressive interpretation of the rules that many here celebrate when it hits other teams/players

or nothing at all....

or the bills may be the next to catch some punishment for an aggressive interpretation of the rules that many here celebrate when it hits other teams/players

or nothing at all....

Just note that should Roger put Ted Wells' team onto the "Applebeegate" case that a report should not be expected until sometime just prior to training camp.

You live in north Tonawanda? Did you vote for Ass Napkin Ed for Mayor?

Eh these past 2 winters were kind of bad, but like everything it goes through cycles. We had some very minor winters in the last decade. I think people tend to overestimate the level of snow we actually get. I saw someone estimate that the freak snow storm gave us 8 feet of snow which was outside the 3-4 feet we normally get weekly :lol:

http://weather.buffalonews.com/interactive-map-winter-2015-snowfall-totals/

North Tonawanda where I live got a total of 104 inches over the winter. That was a bad winter. Doesn't seem like much when you think about it though. Edit: The further south you go, the more snow you get though.

So all these udfa's that have signed in the last 72 hours - none of them have dropped out but still have exams scheduled?? I've never heard of this "rule" until today and I bet teams/NFL have been ignoring it for years. Only coming to the forefront because of who's involved. If NFL tried to penalise the Bills there have to be dozens of skeletons that could be dug up quite easily.

I love the fact that the Bills are the first team to meet with Collins.

I also hope he remembers that the Bills still met with him even before he has been officially "cleared" of this murder investigation

CBF

Not only that, and nobody seems to have picked up on how crafty Rex was, by waiting for his family to show up before having dinner. Collins will obviously make the final decision on where to go but not without some family influence. Brilliant!

or nothing at all....

If there is even a sniff of the Bills doing anything Goddell will have Smithers release the dogs to investigate and quickly punish the Bills. Meanwhile in Foxboro, AH was tried and convicted faster than #ballgate is being resolved.

Just note that should Roger put Ted Wells' team onto the "Applebeegate" case that a report should not be expected until sometime just prior to training camp.

Collins will be retired by the time it comes out.

If there is even a sniff of the Bills doing anything Goddell will have Smithers release the dogs to investigate and quickly punish the Bills. Meanwhile in Foxboro, AH was tried and convicted faster than #ballgate is being resolved.

None of these draftees that signed have examines ?? That seems hard to believe, real hard.