LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. That surely helps. Landry especially I would imagine. Although that's a little different thing. Friends on the team is one thing, I was thinking more about moving far away to Buffalo which seems cold and small and unglam compared to Miami. But Kyle lived it, probably thought the same thing at first but it totally won him over. And now he loves it.

Right. I imagine the Saints have the most going for them.

Rex is huge. Pegulas are big. I think Roman and Kromer and what they teach and stand for are big. Blocking for Shady for a run blocker is big. Strictly football I think we are hard to beat. Lifestyle not so much but players like Buffalo when they get there. Not sure at all what priorities Collins has.

Why do some automatically assume players are looking for a glamorous place to play? Some are. Many couldn't care less. $ and opportunity trump location. They have an airport in every city. It's not like anyone is stuck.

As a 20(?) year old kid who certainly isnt on a Good Decision making streak, I could see him listening to "friends" instead of being a professional, and going to Miami.

And if that is the case, then we are better off without him.

Why do some automatically assume players are looking for a glamorous place to play? Some are. Many couldn't care less. $ and opportunity trump location. They have an airport in every city. It's not like anyone is stuck.

Totally agree. Some aren't.

As a 20(?) year old kid who certainly isnt on a Good Decision making streak, I could see him listening to "friends" instead of being a professional, and going to Miami.

That's my mindset. Given what he's gone through lately, if he chooses the party plane over the boss who sat down with his parents and told them he'd take care of him, I'll gladly watch Marcel eat his lunch twice per year.

collins will know who really wants him, and trust me he respects rex more as a leader and i think we have the better roster overall along with a chance for him to start right away at g or t. i really think he will pick us

Rex "the leader" just got fired from his previous job where he posted a sub W/L record. Not sure what's so inspiring about that!

Its a stigma that we probably won't ever shed. It says something that people who come here like it and want to stay, but it isn't enough to change the stigma. The other half of it is people who don't want to live here are always trashing the place rather than picking themselves up and moving to where they will be happy. Their constant complaints are louder than anything, and that is what outsiders hear.

Edited by What a Tuel

His agent should tell him that hanging out with Pouncey, who was a close friend of Aaron Hernandez (and famously posted pics of himself wearing a #freehernandez hat) an NFL player just put away for life for murder, might not be the best person to associate with the day after he was questioned in a murder investigation.

Rex "the leader" just got fired from his previous job where he posted a sub W/L record. Not sure what's so inspiring about that!

I think most are smart enough to see the awful job Idzik did and the way Rex's guys respected him enough to keep fighting for him.

2 afc championship appearences, and tremendous respect from his players. along with two 8-8 teams that should have been 4-12, what in the blue !@#$ are you talking about.

god i love buffalo, but you epitomize the type of attitude in that areas. christ

His agent should tell him that hanging out with Pouncey, who was a close friend of Aaron Hernandez (and famously posted pics of himself wearing a #freehernandez hat) an NFL player just put away for life for murder, might not be the best person to associate with the day after he was questioned in a murder investigation.

Or his mom should. My god Miami, I get that's your card you have to play, but how clueless is throwing him on the plane?

That's actually a bad move for them. I wouldn't be surprised if the fins were not happy about that.

His parents seems to be involved, which may help with his decision.

Rex vs. a bunch of young Dolphins players? You make the call...

F5 F5 F5 F5...

yea to be honest he's 21 yrs old and you see a bunch of your friends from college ballin out private jet style and clubbing in Miami and you are probably like "yea sorry mom and dad, I'm going to go hang out with my friends."

I think most are smart enough to see the awful job Idzik did and the way Rex's guys respected him enough to keep fighting for him.

I am not sure Collins knows this. Most likely, all he knows is that Rex's Jets were so god awful bad these last 4 years that it got him fired.

2 afc championship appearences, and tremendous respect from his players. along with two 8-8 teams that should have been 4-12, what in the blue !@#$ are you talking about.

god i love buffalo, but you epitomize the type of attitude in that areas. christ

....... or, a 46-50 career NFL record with no more than 8 wins coming these last 4 years.

I am not sure Collins knows this. Most likely, all he knows is that Rex's Jets were so god awful bad these last 4 years that it got him fired.

....... or, a 46-50 career NFL record with no more than 8 wins coming these last 4 years.

A new owner who's among the richest in the NFL doesn't hurt Rex's credibility...

Sorry if these have been posted, I wasn't really interested in scrolling through 30 pages...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28051838/lael-collins-agent-says-his-client-is-not-meeting-nfl-teams?source=infinite

Interesting that he "wont meet with teams" - does that mean he's only meeting with Buf and Miami, thus we have a 50/50?

EDIT: I guess I was beat to it while I was writing my post...

--------

http://nflmocks.com/2015/05/05/why-lael-collins-to-the-buffalo-bills-seems-odd/

Strangest perspective I've ever seen - some reporter saying we have so much depth at OT that we don't need Collins? Did he watch a single Buffalo game last year?

Edited by Wazzu Bill

Sorry if these have been posted, I wasn't really interested in scrolling through 30 pages...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28051838/lael-collins-agent-says-his-client-is-not-meeting-nfl-teams?source=infinite

Interesting that he "wont meet with teams" - does that mean he's only meeting with Buf and Miami, thus we have a 50/50?

EDIT: I guess I was beat to it while I was writing my post...

--------

Strangest perspective I've ever seen - some reporter saying we have so much depth at OT that we don't need Collins? Did he watch a single Buffalo game last year?

Wow, how did they come up with that ?

He spoke with Rex in person. There's no way you can talk to Rex in person and not be blown away by the sort of man he is. But keep on trolling.

--------

Teams don't want to be seen having official meetings with him while he's part of the investigation. Rex "just happening to be in town and asking him if he'd like to grab dinner" and buddies from college flying into town to "cheer him up" are not official meetings.

F5 F5 F5 F5...

yea to be honest he's 21 yrs old and you see a bunch of your friends from college ballin out private jet style and clubbing in Miami and you are probably like "yea sorry mom and dad, I'm going to go hang out with my friends."

And if he does that we dont want him in the first place

Not sure how that relates but most NFL owners are rich enough

OK. Let's add..."Who's spending aggressively, wants to win now and takes care of players like Shady, Clay, Harvin..."

Edited by Lurker

He spoke with Rex in person. There's no way you can talk to Rex in person and not be blown away by the sort of man he is. But keep on trolling.

Plus Rex reportedly ordered the Lack of Ram which eliminated St. Louis right then and there. Genius.

I am not sure what kind of man Rex is but you are presumptuous that they hit it off. Maybe Collin's prefers the polar opposite type personality for a HC?

That's a lot better than Belicheat's 36-44 record in his first go-around. Never mind the 2 AFCCG's.

Edited by Doc

So did they have him take his physical in the Restaurants' bathroom?

Haha. It makes me wonder if Rex broke any NFL rules or if it was a loophole. If exams are lasting until May 9th, this may exceed #claywatch's post/page count.

Haha. It makes me wonder if Rex broke any NFL rules or if it was a loophole. If exams are lasting until May 9th, this may exceed #claywatch's post/page count.

they just can't meet him at the campus or his house

@SalSports: I wrote about the pros and cons of signing La'el Collins from the Bills perspective: http://t.co/QVZvN0Iynq