LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

Net to zero was too far, but the impact is not nearly as big as those in "no income tax" states would have you believe.

No at the dollar amount these guys make and with NYS taxes so high, this is 10's of thousands of dollars. May not seem like a lot but basically giving away a Mercedes every year and play in cold weather if I get two equal offerings is a big deal. Now if I have a chance to start at a position I want to start at, and a chance to make bigger money later, then we're talking.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so but they have starting spots, a relationship, the same money and no state tax. That is all that I can come up with. Maybe a handshake is a little strong but a promise at the 1st meeting (which the Bills undercut).

That's what I think it was, the promise of the first meeting. That would make sense. And make Rex's move pretty shrewd. I like our chances all things being even.

Schick's Quatro would indicate that impending child support, which is a function of income (at least in most states) is a hell of a motive, and being in a stadium with thousands of witnesses is almost too convenient an alibi, but that by itself is too flimsy to responsibly make accusations. It should be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

OK, we are already up to 20 21 pages...I have some important questions. (Went to 21 while I was typing!)

What's the over/under on pages/threads for La'el Collins?

Will this beat the Charles Clay episode?

How soon do people start mangling his name? Lil' Colon...you know - Willie's little brother. :D

Does anybody have a source for spare F5 keys for an HP laptop?

I've always enjoyed the fresh "hope" of the offseason, but this year is off the charts. It is awfully fun to be a Bills fan.

Edited by dulles

No at the dollar amount these guys make and with NYS taxes so high, this is 10's of thousands of dollars. May not seem like a lot but basically giving away a Mercedes every year and play in cold weather if I get two equal offerings is a big deal. Now if I have a chance to start at a position I want to start at, and a chance to make bigger money later, then we're talking.

This is where the Bills shine, we need major help on the line & have a great O-line coach to make their dreams come true.

Ummmm.... I hope you pay someone to do your taxes. No it doesn't net to zero. It is a deduction not a credit. You will get the state tax as a deduction from your income but still pay taxes on your income minus that deduction.

So, if you make 100k, pay 5% state tax, your taxable basis will 95k at federal level. If let's say for tax purposes you have a flat tax of 20% on the whole amount then instead of paying 20k in fed taxes you would only pay 19k. So for that 5k in state taxes you would in effect only pay 4k.

Does that make sense or do I need DC Tom you explain every nuance and make you feel bad?

Yeah if state tax is a consideration then, FL wins over NY.... But roman/Rex might look better on his resume? It's all going to be about the quickest path to getting him his millions.

I imagine since it's not that much money that housing and food and cost of living over two years in Buffalo would make it even.

Rex could definitely use that angle i.e. "you got bad advice from your agent and he cost you millions. Don't listen to him anymore."

Exactly, plus play the card of having your money decided on the UFA deal, so why pay commission on your much lower salary to this guy when he's already cost you millions?

If there was already a handshake deal in place, it makes no sense to take this meeting with Rex, especially doing it without the agents involvement. Rex got a chance to talk man to man to him, it sounds like the Dolphins meeting is going to be much more formal with the agent involved doing plenty of talking. And it sounds like Collins liked what he heard. That's not nothing.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Exactly, plus play the card of having your money decided on the UFA deal, so why pay commission on your much lower salary to this guy when he's already cost you millions?

If there was already a handshake deal in place, it makes no sense to take this meeting with Rex, especially doing it without the agents involvement. Rex got a chance to talk man to man to him, it sounds like the Dolphins meeting is going to be much more formal with the agent involved doing plenty of talking. That's not nothing.

I think the Bills may have that meeting, too, today.

I'll just mentally assume he's a Dolphin until I hear otherwise. F5ing is time wasting :P

I'll press F5 multiple times to make up for your mistaken notion.

You are wrong my friend. F5 was made for the offseason. Press on. Press on. :nana:

He is probably just connecting the Tannebaum dots. Miami is probably the favorite for that reason and they may already have some type of handshake in place. With that being said the "unsanctioned" aspect is interesting. The Bills circumvented his agents who, one would think, have a vested interest in him going to Miami. If Collins and his family like the Bills it may not matter.

Regardless of what happens you just have to love the new aggressive bills......

Ummmm.... I hope you pay someone to do your taxes. No it doesn't net to zero. It is a deduction not a credit. You will get the state tax as a deduction from your income but still pay taxes on your income minus that deduction.

So, if you make 100k, pay 5% state tax, your taxable basis will 95k at federal level. If let's say for tax purposes you have a flat tax of 20% on the whole amount then instead of paying 20k in fed taxes you would only pay 19k. So for that 5k in state taxes you would in effect only pay 4k.

Does that make sense or do I need DC Tom you explain every nuance and make you feel bad?

Thank you! I was about to post this.