LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I misread it and deleted my post. Maybe it's picking up more recruits! Ha.

+1 That was my first thought, goin' to pick up the posse! I have no links but do believe Russ Brandon instituted the full court press for targets when he came to power, so I like to mention that for his naysayers. It sure makes off seasons a lot more fun too!

Other than weather, don't understand why he'd go to Miami. There's no clear path to play Tackle and Philbin is a dead-man-walking if they don't make the playoffs. So he gets to play Guard for a mediocre team for most likely an entirely new coaching staff the following year.

Oooh...Now this is interesting! Gotta get the Pegula charm all over this:

http://www.prioritysports.biz/football/staff

Deryk Gilmore (Collins' agent) is a certified contract advisor for Priority Sports. Prior to joining the Priority team, Deryk was involved with college athletics for over 11 years working in football as a Recruiting Coordinator and Director of Football Operations in both the Big Ten and Pac Ten conferences.

A New York native, Gilmore lettered and played defensive tackle for the Penn State Nittany Lions, a member of the 1986 National Championship Team.

After graduating from college, Gilmore went on to the University of Illinois where he began his work in football evaluating and recruiting the top high school players in the country. Developing unique strategies to market high school prospects, Gilmore helped the Illini recruit players that would take Illinois to the first major bowl game in 10 years. Deryk was then hired by the University of Oregon where he led the Ducks to a top 10 recruiting class in football and top 5 class in basketball, their highest ranked classes in the program’s history. Gilmore, known for his creative marketing strategies has been featured in a number of sports publications.

Deryk has a Bachelor of Science from Penn State in Agribusiness Management and an MBA in Operations and MS in Sports Marketing from the University of Illinois. He and his wife Camille, live in Atlanta, GA, with their sons Dantae’ and Deion. Deryk and his wife, Camille, were recently profiled in Essence Magazine.

Thats awesome that the jet can be tracked haha.

Not so much that they went home though. Like others said, maybe they are flying home to pick some people up. Is Collins meeting with the Dolphins in Baton Rouge or Miami?

BR

Unless Collins is on that plane or unless we see an updated tracker with it heading back to Baton Rouge, I don't like our chances. Like I said before, his twitter is full of stuff from Landry, Sheppard and Johnson. I assume we didn't bring him in pre draft and they did. We had our shot last night, the deal didn't get closed, now the Dolphins get to put their full court press on.

put him on the jet to Bflo and then give him a tour of Wegmans. An O lineman in Wegmans....

perfect, with his parents behind him in confusing colors just to throw people off. They can do it at LSU and have a pep rally first.

Why so he can steal a bunch of crab legs?

Oh wait wrong person.

Does the Port part mean it's directly on the water ?? J/K. Like I said, events like that are rare here. How long before that happened was the last storm ?? How long ago is a few years back ?? 2 big storms coming by in 50 years isn't something that's going to make it that much more, unless the place is really low (like New Orleans' bowl).

It was 2004, hurricanes Francis and Jean both made land fall along the Treasure Coast. More Vero Beach than Port St Lucie. Port St Lucie is on the St. Lucie River, not directly on the coast. I think they both made land fall as cat threes. We were evacuated for both. The next year was when there were so many named storms that they got into the Greek Alphabet. We got hit by Wilma, a cat three. No one was evacuated because they thought it was only going to be a tropical storm. It was pretty scary. We haven't had a major storm since.

The gulf coast is more susceptible to storm surge because it is shallow and shaped like a bowl.

The insurance is expensive, but I'm not sure it would off set a state and city income tax. When I lived in NYC my federal, state and city taxes totaled 55%, but that was awhile ago.

Unless Collins is on that plane or unless we see an updated tracker with it heading back to Baton Rouge, I don't like our chances. Like I said before, his twitter is full of stuff from Landry, Sheppard and Johnson. I assume we didn't bring him in pre draft and they did. We had our shot last night, the deal didn't get closed, now the Dolphins get to put their full court press on.

We did meet with him pre-draft: https://twitter.com/rand_getlin/status/595594404078833664

you said 1 bad hurricane .. I was pointing out there were more.. And my moms insurance is high in Leesburg

Move along son,

Let me know how many bad ones she's had. Your Mom could also be overpaying as well, which after reading the verbiage of your post is about 99% likely. Apple's never fall far from the tree.