LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

weird a rookie might like the prospect of being between two probowlers to learn his craft, instead of two guys that may struggle with basic stunts.

as he hasnt gotten into trouble before this, and hasnt gotten into trouble with this, i likewise wouldnt think having a few guys that know him and would be positive advocates for him wouldnt be a terrible thing. BFD if he uses friendship as a tie breaker between several equal offers.

there are undertones in your line of thought that hed be best off to go to a bad line with people he doesnt like if he really wants to succeed.

This has been a huge factor for the Honey Badger.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like go to a up and coming line and be the reason why it was great.......

Once again...its a character thing for me....taking the easy road vs taking the more difficult one

If we are talking about his next contract (which is really what he is concerned with) I would want to be in a situation that maximizes that. Whatever the easy road is would seem to make the most sense from his standpoint. He wants to go somewhere and look great. That is really his main concern for the next few years.

If we are talking about his next contract (which is really what he is concerned with) I would want to be in a situation that maximizes that. Whatever the easy road is would seem to make the most sense from his standpoint. He wants to go somewhere and look great. That is really his main concern for the next few years.

What if he doesn't play well ?? That's something I was wondering that if they can level with him about performance = pay. Dallas isn't going to pay everyone on their O-line like a champion, somebody is going to have to take less. On the Bills it's the opposite, every position is up for grabs & Miami is set at Tackle. So who's more likely to get him to a high paying spot ??

What if he doesn't play well ?? That's something I was wondering that if they can level with him about performance = pay. Dallas isn't going to pay everyone on their O-line like a champion, somebody is going to have to take less. On the Bills it's the opposite, every position is up for grabs & Miami is set at Tackle. So who's more likely to get him to a high paying spot ??

The pay is all the same on this contract (virtually). He can go elsewhere when he becomes a UFA in a few years. His worst case scenario is to go somewhere and look average, or even worse, not that good. 1st round busts at least have the benefit of that $10+M 1st round contract. Collins doesn't have that. He will be making virtually league minimum. If he is just okay and his next contract is like 4 years and$16M that is a step up for him but nowhere near where that guy would have expected to be 6 or 7 years into his career.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

weird a rookie might like the prospect of being between two probowlers to learn his craft, instead of two guys that may struggle with basic stunts.

as he hasnt gotten into trouble before this, and hasnt gotten into trouble with this, i likewise wouldnt think having a few guys that know him and would be positive advocates for him wouldnt be a terrible thing. BFD if he uses friendship as a tie breaker between several equal offers.

there are undertones in your line of thought that hed be best off to go to a bad line with people he doesnt like if he really wants to succeed.

Actually, like many here if someone doesn't sign with the Bills they feel that player hates the city, is insulting Buffalo and the Bills and we have to hate him for it......because Buffalo is the best city in the world.

Kirby,

as usual what you are saying makes sense.....

At this point I could take him or leave him.....I am just fine with Glenn and Henderson.....and think John Miller is a day one starter for us

Kirby,

as usual what you are saying makes sense.....

At this point I could take him or leave him.....I am just fine with Glenn and Henderson.....and think John Miller is a day one starter for us

Thanks John!! I'd love to have the guy because I think that he can play. If I were advising him Buffalo would be pretty high on the list. He has to go somewhere and look good.

As good as Dallas' line is (and I think they are the best) their rushing numbers should drop some this year without Murray. I suspect that the OL will shoulder some of the blame and people with think that they have regressed. This may or not be the case but if he is the new starter on that line some fingers will be pointed in his direction.

The flip side is the Bills ran the ball horribly last year. Part of that was the line play, part was the backs and a lot was the miserable scheme. If he were inserted here as one of the new starters and the rushing numbers jumped significantly (which I expect) he will be looked at as a catalyst for that. It should be interesting.

Thanks John!! I'd love to have the guy because I think that he can play. If I were advising him Buffalo would be pretty high on the list. He has to go somewhere and look good.

As good as Dallas' line is (and I think they are the best) their rushing numbers should drop some this year without Murray. I suspect that the OL will shoulder some of the blame and people with think that they have regressed. This may or not be the case but if he is the new starter on that line some fingers will be pointed in his direction.

The flip side is the Bills ran the ball horribly last year. Part of that was the line play, part was the backs and a lot was the miserable scheme. If he were inserted here as one of the new starters and the rushing numbers jumped significantly (which I expect) he will be looked at as a catalyst for that. It should be interesting.

Kirby,

Yeah that was what I was trying to say.....you explained it better....:)

This is real good.

This is real good.

Thanks Mitch!! It is very much like what happened last year with Zach Martin. He certainly played well but he probably received a disproportionately large amount of the credit. They have a very good OL overall and Murray was sensational last year. It is a combination of all of those factors but typically the credit goes to the new guy for the change.

Kirby,

Yeah that was what I was trying to say.....you explained it better....:)

i dont disagree with that assessment - i just dont think its some character defect if he sees another team as a good opportunity.

Thanks Mitch!! It is very much like what happened last year with Zach Martin. He certainly played well but he probably received a disproportionately large amount of the credit. They have a very good OL overall and Murray was sensational last year. It is a combination of all of those factors but typically the credit goes to the new guy for the change.

Hopefully we get Shady on track & open up some monster holes for him.

I think it's more along the lines of an owner that became wealthy and wasn't born into it. The Pegula's seem to be some of the most humble and down to earth people. That makes them great owners, IMO.

Can't imagine a player really cares how the owners got their money... as long as they sign his check they'll be happy.

There are a lot of folks wearing Bills colored glasses.

That's great, i hope you don't mind if I steal that phrase occasionally. I'll give you the credit of course.