LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd wanna be sure he was not involved in the murder first. If there is even an inkling...I'd want him accountable to the judicial process. If...

They should ask him if he did it. If he says no, why would he lie?

The only thing that concerns me about that is that Florida does not have state income taxes. Rex can out recruit his old buddy Tannenbaum.

Let's say the Rookie wage scale is $500,000 per year. 6.85% is the amount paid greater than 200K. He only plays 8 home games (let's not count where away games are). So 250,000 taxable NY home game income. So NY Taxes would be about $17,000. *This is a very simplified way of looking at it, and I am guessing at the $500K amount. It may be larger, may be smaller.

If I were him, I wouldn't let $17k determine what team I chose. That doesn't mean he would rather choose here, but that it isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. Cost of living is high down there as well, and his 500K won't go as far. I doubt he cares about that though.

Edited by What a Tuel

@ChadSabadie: Per source: outgoing #LSU standout La'el Collins meets with #Bills Coach Rex Ryan Monday night in Baton Rouge @FOX8NOLA

@DellengerAdv: Source: Ex-#LSU OL La'el Collins has meetings planned w/ #Bills & #Dolphins, has heard from "almost every" #NFL team

This kid got really screwed over if he is not involved.

I'm really curious to see the way teams try to get around the contract situation and what kind of precedent that sets going forward.

Can there be playing incentives?

As far as his contract is concerned, per the CBA, he's locked into what he would be getting as an UDFA. So $435,000 his first year that than increases his 2nd and 3rd year.

Now if El Pegual says "Hey if you cut my grass on the weekends, I'll pay you $20,000/hr" I'm not sure what the NFL can do.

EDIT: I'm wondering if the Bills and/or other teams offer Collins a nice sponsorship deal that'll put a little extra money in his pocket

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I turned it on, heard them say the Bills were stupid for paying a scouting dept when the espn bpa draft tracker said to take Darby at 50, so they could have just used that.

Turned it off.

Ugh - iI WANT Bills talk on the radio, but they are almost always unlistenable.

From NFL.com

If Collins' name is cleared, he will be able to sign a three-year contract as an undrafted free agent. Rapoport points out that his agents could push for a fully guaranteed contract that will void after three years because of playing time. Like all undrafted players, Collins can potentially renegotiate his deal in two years. (That's a year earlier than drafted players.) Collins is not going to inspire a bidding war because the money allotted to undrafted free agents is very limited. But Collins will essentially be able to choose where to start his NFL career.

He should come in super motivated. He can re negotiate a contract after only two seasons and get a new one after three. Therefore he has the ability to make up for some of his loses.

Get it done!

Wow, Rex couldn't wear something better than a T-shirt? And who was the girl with Collins?

Re: videos posted by pnv up thread.

Lol, first video, newsguy outside restaurant reads the menu item....'lack of ramb'

Edited by G-Daddy

He should come in super motivated. He can re negotiate a contract after only two seasons and get a new one after three. Therefore he has the ability to make up for some of his loses.

Get it done!

If this scouting report doesn't get you excited I don't know what will. Scheme fit and positional fit are here in Buffalo.

NFL Comparison

Maurkice Pouncey

Bottom Line

Brawling right tackle or guard prospect in the NFL who has had a level of success in hyper-competitive SEC West. Lacks athleticism to be a consistent left tackle, despite his snaps there in college. Collins plays with a mean streak that is evident in every game, and could come in and start right away in a power-running game as a guard.