LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

If Fish get him i will be so mad

same here. I will be mad if we don't, and REALLY mad if he goes to another AFC East team. We should be his top choice: owner who can pay him, basically a starting spot waiting for him, a top NFL running back to block for, and a great HC to play for.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess "unsanctioned" means without his agents. I have a feeling Collins' agents are flipping out.

I have a suspicion Collins is okay with that. I still think he got bad direction from his agents.

It sounds like they do have a sanctioned meeting set up for tomorrow but it's after miami. So he flew down tonight and set up dinner without going through the agent to get in first. Smart.

Just curious, Yolo. Where did that report come from? That would be great if he did that.

Just curious, Yolo. Where did that report come from? That would be great if he did that.

One of the tweets or linked stories. I will look back. could have been espn radio- listening Bomani Jones and they were talking about it. Edited by YoloinOhio

Seriously, can we not mount a letter-writing campaign to get Rodak fired? I cannot stand him

No need for that. Just don't click on his write-ups. If you really want to get rid of him, that would be the way. But hey, he's entitled to his opinion, and doesn't work for the Bills. I'm no fan of his either, I think he's entirely too negative, so I don't read his stuff for the most part. Same way I tuned out Sullivan.

Ha ha, how good of a recruiter would Rex Ryan be in college?!? I was thinking about that earlier today.

He would be irresistible. Herm Edwards would be another good recruiter.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-will-reportedly-meet-with-lsu-olineman-lael-collins-on-tuesday-20150504-story.html

Fortunately for the Dolphins, new vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum was a partner in the same sports agency, Priority Sports, that represents Collins. And the Dolphins play in one of the few states that doesn't have a state income taxes.

The Dolphins also have two vacant starting guard spots, and it's also possible that Collins could served as a starting tackle as a rookie because Ja'Wuan James might begin the season as Miami's starting left tackle since Branden Albert's six months into rehabbing his surgically repaired right knee.

same here. I will be mad if we don't, and REALLY mad if he goes to another AFC East team. We should be his top choice: owner who can pay him, basically a starting spot waiting for him, a top NFL running back to block for, and a great HC to play for.

Hopefully, we don't lose him to the guppies in the same manner we lost Cam Wake

@OmarKelly: #Dolphins will reportedly meet with LSU O-lineman La'el Collins on Tuesday http://t.co/sNRI2fnxgx

don't like this part of the linked story: "Fortunately for the Dolphins, new vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum was a partner in the same sports agency, Priority Sports, that represents Collins. And the Dolphins play in one of the few states that doesn't have a state income taxes." Perhaps this is why Rex setup the meeting w/o calling his agents? If so, genius.

Edited by RyanC883

don't like this part of the linked story: "Fortunately for the Dolphins, new vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum was a partner in the same sports agency, Priority Sports, that represents Collins. And the Dolphins play in one of the few states that doesn't have a state income taxes."

The only thing that concerns me about that is that Florida does not have state income taxes. Rex can out recruit his old buddy Tannenbaum.

Because he could refuse to sign and then enter the draft the following year. As an UDFA that isn't an option

Beat me to it- should have read further

I read this before but it doesn't make any sense to me. If a player enters the draft and is drafted then he can refuse and go back into the draft the following year, but if he isn't drafted then he can't? I don't get it.

With Rex's personality, a job opening at guard, throw in a little Doug, Terry and Kim seems like it be hard to say no. Man, I love how aggressive this team is. :)

Also likely familiar with kromer from NO

One advantage we have is Ryan. He is a very personable guy and if his family loves Ryan that will be a huge factor on where he goes. I'm sure Buffalo is promising him max money, a great starting job opportunity and billionaire owners to provide him whatever resources he needs to protect himself. Huge selling points along with a comfort level from family

I have a suspicion Collins is okay with that. I still think he got bad direction from his agents.

Not that there's anything to negotiate at this point either/ it's just a matter of where he wants to be

It's all scaled & you can't breakout out of the mold. We will offer the max like everyone but we're first on the scene, which I think gives us a leg up.

ahhh...Okay, Thanks.

This could work out even better than a supplemental draft, for him, because he can actually choose where he goes.

One advantage we have is Ryan. He is a very personable guy and if his family loves Ryan that will be a huge factor on where he goes. I'm sure Buffalo is promising him max money, a great starting job opportunity and billionaire owners to provide him whatever resources he needs to protect himself. Huge selling points along with a comfort level from family

Another selling point for him may be that Buffalo offers a college-type atmosphere on game days, unlike most other NFL cities.