LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

That makes me feel a bit better. Such a rollercoaster over a guy who might not even be able to play (both from legal perspective or not from being that good). We land him and our offseason is an absolute home run and the pick we lost from Sammy is replaced. He goes to Miami and we have to play him twice per year.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you make this simple for the rest of us ?? What's up ?? Highlights ??

Oooh...Now this is interesting! Gotta get the Pegula charm all over this:

http://www.prioritysports.biz/football/staff

Deryk Gilmore (Collins' agent) is a certified contract advisor for Priority Sports. Prior to joining the Priority team, Deryk was involved with college athletics for over 11 years working in football as a Recruiting Coordinator and Director of Football Operations in both the Big Ten and Pac Ten conferences.

A New York native, Gilmore lettered and played defensive tackle for the Penn State Nittany Lions, a member of the 1986 National Championship Team.

After graduating from college, Gilmore went on to the University of Illinois where he began his work in football evaluating and recruiting the top high school players in the country. Developing unique strategies to market high school prospects, Gilmore helped the Illini recruit players that would take Illinois to the first major bowl game in 10 years. Deryk was then hired by the University of Oregon where he led the Ducks to a top 10 recruiting class in football and top 5 class in basketball, their highest ranked classes in the program’s history. Gilmore, known for his creative marketing strategies has been featured in a number of sports publications.

Deryk has a Bachelor of Science from Penn State in Agribusiness Management and an MBA in Operations and MS in Sports Marketing from the University of Illinois. He and his wife Camille, live in Atlanta, GA, with their sons Dantae’ and Deion. Deryk and his wife, Camille, were recently profiled in Essence Magazine.

He's not. He just cannot be ruled out. He was in a different city the night it happened, and he passed a lie detector test, and the cops say he is not a suspect and only questioned him from media requests. He also allegedly hadn't spoken to her in months, and may or may not have been the father of the kid.

So then, why the stink all over this kid? His ex-girlfriend was murdered and he's not connected to it, other than he hasn't been ruled out. Unless the authorities know for sure who committed the crime, I guess nobody is ruled out. How was Winston drafted # 1. Was he ruled out?

I can understand a few teams shying away if they'd heard some rumors, but a top OL prospect going undrafted? So, the OT, Denzell Goode, drafted at # 255 in the 7th round, is less risk and higher value to the team than Collins? Something is fishy.

It was 2004, hurricanes Francis and Jean both made land fall along the Treasure Coast. More Vero Beach than Port St Lucie. Port St Lucie is on the St. Lucie River, not directly on the coast. I think they both made land fall as cat threes. We were evacuated for both. The next year was when there were so many named storms that they got into the Greek Alphabet. We got hit by Wilma, a cat three. No one was evacuated because they thought it was only going to be a tropical storm. It was pretty scary. We haven't had a major storm since.

I live in Jensen Beach, a month without power or water...Ill never forget that. I would rather deal with a blizzard..

So then, why the stink all over this kid? His ex-girlfriend was murdered and he's not connected to it, other than he hasn't been ruled out. Unless the authorities know for sure who committed the crime, I guess nobody is ruled out. How was Winston drafted # 1. Was he ruled out?

I can understand a few teams shying away if they'd heard some rumors, but a top OL prospect going undrafted? So, the OT, Denzell Goode, drafted at # 255 in the 7th round, is less risk and higher value to the team than Collins? Something is fishy.

Collins would have sat out the year and entered the '16 draft if he was drafted after the 3rd round. Teams were not able to gain sufficient clearance to risk a pick in the top 3 rounds. Because he wasn't drafted, he can't reenter the draft. The Buccaneers had months of information gathering on Jameis, this situation literally just happened.

I live in Jensen Beach, a month without power or water...Ill never forget that. I would rather deal with a blizzard..

That rarely happens man, like never. It's obvious that the infrastructure there was so badly damaged because of the way power & water was being transmitted. I'll assume every power cable was low hanging & above ground, right ?? I've been by there before and remember thinking this is not a modern place.

Hmmmm

@ArmandoSalguero: Dolphins coach Joe Philbin is not visiting La'el Collins in Baton Rouge or anywhere else. Neither are Mike Tannenbaum nor Dennis Hickey.

Wow. Either Rex did close the deal after all or they are just sending their LSU possee.

Let me know how many bad ones she's had. Your Mom could also be overpaying as well, which after reading the verbiage of your post is about 99% likely. Apple's never fall far from the tree.

LMAO you are a real piece of work

http://www.swinglecollins.com/top-5-most-expensive-states-for-homeowners-insurance/

http://www.valuepenguin.com/average-cost-of-homeowners-insurance

http://www.swinglecollins.com/top-5-most-expensive-states-for-homeowners-insurance/

Calling me out.. thats funny..

I had the same thought. Watch the Pats* end up w/ him. Why would no one take him in even the 7th round. Kind of ridiculous. Although, if he refused to sign, it's almost like his agents wanted to be able for him to choose a team.

Hmmmm

@ArmandoSalguero: Dolphins coach Joe Philbin is not visiting La'el Collins in Baton Rouge or anywhere else. Neither are Mike Tannenbaum nor Dennis Hickey.

F5 F5 F5

Waiting for the update that says he's on Pegs plane headed back to Buffalo.

I had the same thought. Watch the Pats* end up w/ him. Why would no one take him in even the 7th round. Kind of ridiculous. Although, if he refused to sign, it's almost like his agents wanted to be able for him to choose a team.

This has been covered ad nausem. Read earlier pages or use google.

Wow. Either Rex did close the deal after all or they are just sending their LSU possee.

The smartest thing that the Bills did was having Rex there with his family. No BS from the agents. It was just an honest get together that may have made the difference. If you can sell the parents you are in a good place. It's just like college. We shall see...

Hmmmm

Wow. That's really an odd way to recruit, unless they already have a deal and the Fins' LSU contingent is a welcoming committee..

This has been covered ad nausem. Read earlier pages or use google.

since I was responding to someone who posted it on this page, why would I go to an earlier page? Try not getting worked up over posts in a bills blog. here, have a :beer:

Wow. That's really an odd way to recruit, unless they already have a deal and the Fins' LSU contingent is a welcoming committee..

hopefully his agents told them, "you can come, but he's in Buffalo."

Edited by RyanC883

The smartest thing that the Bills did was having Rex there with his family. No BS from the agents. It was just an honest get together that may have made the difference. If you can sell the parents you are in a good place. It's just like college. We shall see...

Completely agree. Talk to this kid and his parents man to man just like a college coach on a recruiting trip. Tell him he'll be taken care of with the Bills family and will be put in a position to get his lost money back asap the same day he met with police while every other team went about just calling the agent. I'd have to believe that would speak volumes if there's only one coach out of 32 who valued you enough to be there that day. No BS from agents and no repeating a message he already heard from someone else.

He's just had the worst weekend of his life. One coach was there to look him in the eye and tell him how much he's needed and believed in.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

since I was responding to someone who posted it on this page, why would I go to an earlier page. Try not getting worked up over posts in a bills blog. here, have a :beer:

Basically his agent said he wouldn't sign if he was selected after round 3. Per the CBA, if he was drafted and did not sign then he is eligible for the 2016 Draft. The caveat is that the team who selects him in 2015 cannot select him in 2016. No GM wanted to take that risk to call his bluff because they could lose the rights to him altogether.

Completely agree. Talk to this kid and his parents man to man just like a college coach on a recruiting trip. Tell him he'll be taken care of with the Bills family and will be put in a position to get his lost money back asap the same day he met with police while every other team went about just calling the agent. I'd have to believe that would speak volumes if there's only one coach out of 32 who valued you enough to be there that day. No BS from agents and no repeating a message he already heard from someone else.

He's just had the worst weekend of his life. One coach was there to look him in the eye and tell him how much he's needed and believed in.

THIS...I hope like hell this is exactly how it went down

especially given his age and what he has been through in the past week and will continue to go through, I would think they feel embarrassed and vulnerable. If they feel a level of comfort with a certain team that could make a difference. I wish terry and Kim had been there. They are like parental figures for some of these guys. Edited by YoloinOhio

Aren't you glad the Bills did not have to send Doug Moron down to talk with his family. What an Epic fail that would of been.

According to my sources, and believe me on this one, it has been concluded beyond any doubt that you may or may not be able to own two teams in two sports in two cities.

Don't they own the Bandits as well? :D