LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

especially given his age and what he has been through in the past week and will continue to go through, I would think they feel embarrassed and vulnerable. If they feel a level of comfort with a certain team that could make a difference. I wish terry and Kim had been there. They are like parental figures for some of these guys.

My dad and I were discussing that last night when talking about the Rex meeting. Imagine how much different it is for a kid speaking to the Pegulas, people that eat fast food, kids have tattoos and listen to hip-hop and are just regular people compared to a meeting with Woody Johnson (or someone like that)? The 1st generation money plays a role. These plays can relate to the Pegula's so much more than just about any other owners. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Last years 19th pick, ironically the Dolphins OT Jujaun James, signed a 4 year, 8.4m fully guaranteed contract. Bills would be getting Collins for probably 3 years and $1m total. If Rex can pull this off, he would've re-couped a 1st pick and saved his boss over $7m.

Last years 19th pick, ironically the Dolphins OT Jujaun James, signed a 4 year, 8.4m fully guaranteed contract. Bills would be getting Collins for probably 3 years and $1m total. If Rex can pull this off, he would've re-couped a 1st pick and saved his boss over $7m.

And thus completing the halo above his head

CBF

Aren't you glad the Bills did not have to send Doug Moron down to talk with his family. What an Epic fail that would of been.

Whaley- "Doug, it would be a great idea if you met with Collins face to face for dinner tonight"

Marrone- "I've never heard such a stupid idea, I don't need that kid, I've got this kid over here from SU I personally recruited, sure he's only 265 lbs, but I'll coach him up and my scheme is superior to the rest of the league."

My dad and I were discussing that last night when talking about the Rex meeting. Imagine how much different it is for a kid speaking to the Pegulas, people that eat fast food, kids have tattoos and listen to hip-hop and are just regular people compared to a meeting with Woody Johnson (or someone like that). The 1st generation money plays a role. These plays can relate to the Pegula's so much more than just about any other owners.

I also think having Kim around helps a lot when meeting with a player's family. Showing a strong female presence/influence has to make an impression on the player's mother.

Interesting.......

CBF

I'd say odd. Maybe they wanted to keep those chumps away from him so as not to ruin it?

According to my sources, and believe me on this one, it has been concluded beyond any doubt that you may or may not be able to own two teams in two sports in two cities.

My source said "reply hazy, try again."

Yeah like most here I believe that's how the Bills and Rex went about it. I love what they are doing. I really hope this all works out and I love the aggressive approach to this particular and rare situation.

Edited by seq004

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 23m23 minutes ago

Joe Chenelly retweeted Armando Salguero

Might this be because Mr. @70LaelCollins flew to Buffalo this morning? Seriously, just asking. #Bring70toBuffalo

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
Dolphins coach Joe Philbin is not visiting La'el Collins in Baton Rouge or anywhere else. Neither are Mike Tannenbaum nor Dennis Hickey.
1 retweet 1 favorite

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 23m23 minutes ago

Joe Chenelly retweeted Armando Salguero

Might this be because Mr. @70LaelCollins flew to Buffalo this morning? Seriously, just asking. #Bring70toBuffalo

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
Dolphins coach Joe Philbin is not visiting La'el Collins in Baton Rouge or anywhere else. Neither are Mike Tannenbaum nor Dennis Hickey.
1 retweet 1 favorite

hes almost using my #
that bastard messed it up, its #bring70toBuff
Edited by PaattMaann

Minus fuel & dinner costs of course.

Minus fuel & dinner costs of course.

rex had his tummy tucked though, so he couldnt have eaten too much

Collins on the other hand, 6'5 and 320...probably put quite a dent in the pocketbook feeding that body

I also think having Kim around helps a lot when meeting with a player's family. Showing a strong female presence/influence has to make an impression on the player's mother.

Absolutely!! I am confident that the players feel much more comfortable around the Pegula's than people like the Bensons. They are really normal people by billionaire standards.

this is bad.

I don't think that it is; I think the opposite. The whole dog and pony show would have been bad. A bunch of guys that he knows or used to play with isn't bad. Who knows if they even have the support of ownership? The Bills certainly do as Pegula's jet made the journey.

@RapSheet: Some #Dolphins & ex-#LSU teammates are trying to recruit LaEl Collins today. No Dolphins employees to be present. Players went on their own

Doubting this means too much. Who would be more important to you when making such a pivotal decision: some friends who quite likely won't be in Miami for very long or the coach of the Bills who will be around for at least the life of your new contract?

@RapSheet: Some #Dolphins & ex-#LSU teammates are trying to recruit LaEl Collins today. No Dolphins employees to be present. Players went on their own

Friends are friends and business is business. Can't believe the Dolphins wouldn't send at least a coach. I like our approach far better.

I don't think that it is; I think the opposite. The whole dog and pony show would have been bad. A bunch of guys that he knows or used to play with isn't bad. Who knows if they even have the support of ownership? The Bills certainly do as Pegula's jet made the journey.

CEQq_PI2_W0_AMUw_PL.jpg

Looks like they aren't flying commercial. Unfortunately.