LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

If this scouting report doesn't get you excited I don't know what will. Scheme fit and positional fit are here in Buffalo.

NFL Comparison

Maurkice Pouncey

Bottom Line

Brawling right tackle or guard prospect in the NFL who has had a level of success in hyper-competitive SEC West. Lacks athleticism to be a consistent left tackle, despite his snaps there in college. Collins plays with a mean streak that is evident in every game, and could come in and start right away in a power-running game as a guard.

Pouncey comparison just football?

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From NFL.com

If Collins' name is cleared, he will be able to sign a three-year contract as an undrafted free agent. Rapoport points out that his agents could push for a fully guaranteed contract that will void after three years because of playing time. Like all undrafted players, Collins can potentially renegotiate his deal in two years. (That's a year earlier than drafted players.) Collins is not going to inspire a bidding war because the money allotted to undrafted free agents is very limited. But Collins will essentially be able to choose where to start his NFL career.

Now I see why his agents wanted him to not get drafted once the third round passed. He can renegotiate a year earlier now. Pretty smart.

Now I see why his agents wanted him to not get drafted once the third round passed. He can renegotiate a year earlier now. Pretty smart.

Or he could more likely have made more money right away coming out of next year's draft

Or he could more likely have made more money right away coming out of next year's draft

That's a risky proposition, siting out a year without football and expecting to be taken high. I don't think it's been done anytime in the modern era.

@JeremyWGR: Right down to cell phone towers, text messages, and alibis. Here's La'El Collins alibi/story - http://t.co/FZGMmvCaZa

Kirby weren't you at the Pelicans game too? You could be a witness to his alibi! Lol

Did he go to the game with a minister? Lol.

I bet "unsanctioned" means the following - Collins' agent promised the Dolphins (through his agency's Tannenbaum connection) that they'd have the first meeting. Then, somehow, Whaley & Co. got in the door first and set up a dinner the night before. Collins' agent must have let him go to it (it would've gone through him, presumably), but needed he cover with the Dolphins so he insisted that it be called unsanctioned. "He can go, but it needs to be put out there that I had nothing to do with this."

And now an unrelated but hilarious tweet from Omar Kelly, who I am following again during #collinswatch ...just because I can't resist

@OmarKelly: Kelvin Sheppard should/could play a lot better this year now that he's familiar & comfortable in the defense. At LSU he was a run stopper.

@OmarKelly: I've said since free agency Philbin/Coyle aren't replacing Misi. They LOVE HIM. Why? Don't ask me. And Sheppard has talent. I saw it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@JeremyWGR: Right down to cell phone towers, text messages, and alibis. Here's La'El Collins alibi/story - http://t.co/FZGMmvCaZa

Kirby weren't you at the Pelicans game too? You could be a witness to his alibi! Lol

Who do I need to talk to??

That's a risky proposition, siting out a year without football and expecting to be taken high. I don't think it's been done anytime in the modern era.

DGB just did it this year.

I bet "unsanctioned" means the following - Collins' agent promised the Dolphins (through his agency's Tannenbaum connection) that they'd have the first meeting. Then, somehow, Whaley & Co. got in the door first and set up a dinner the night before. Collins' agent must have let him go to it (it would've gone through him, presumably), but needed he cover with the Dolphins so he insisted that it be called unsanctioned. "He can go, but it needs to be put out there that I had nothing to do with this."

Interesting thought, that may very well be the case.

I remain puzzled why no team used a 7th round pick on him. Super low risk, high reward.

Because no team owner wants to see "Team Draft Pick Indicted for Murder" headlines and no GM wants to have to answer "Why did you draft an accused murderer when you knew he was under suspicion?" questions at a press conference if he is not cleared. Of course the coaches would love him, but that's why they don't call the shots.

I sure hope he ends up in the Bills uniform this fall, but you can't fault the teams for staying away until his situation clears up.

Here's to hoping Rex took Collins and his family onto the private jet right after dinner and they're all in Orchard Park this morning waiting for the BTI to open.

Ahh....that makes sense. The explanations on draft day didn't seem to given the uncertainty of him being allowed to enter the 2016 draft.