Mike Glennon FA

He's not a FA, but I'd take a shot at him.

"With the Buccaneers holding the No. 1 overall draft pick, the team has its choice of quarterbacks Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota. The Tampa Tribune says "some around the league" believe other teams will try to trade for quarterback Mike Glennon, and that Glennon could net the Bucs a fourth- or fifth-round pick.

Glennon played in six games this season, throwing for 1,417 yards and 10 touchdowns with six interceptions."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24999617/bucs-qb-mike-glennon-on-the-move

Keep in mind he lost out to Josh McCown twice this season

im not a Glennon fan, but The HC and GM who drafted him were fired after his rookie season and I think Lovie signed mccown because he liked him from Chicago - and gave him a decent deal to get him there. The contract made it look like he should play.

I think Glennon would be a good pick-up to have competition. He has middle of the road hands. Not small. Not big.

http://nflphilosophy.com/a-visual-representation-of-nfl-quarterbacks/

I think EJ is going to get a legitimate shot, and I think he is going to make it. If not, Glennon is a good plan B and relatively cheap to acquire. Glennon has definitely shown more promise than EJ, while EJ's measurables are better.

at this point in my long and storied Bills Fandom history, I really want just one thing in my QB.

Brains.

I assume that most QBs in the league can make most of the throws. But I no longer need a Howitzer unless its attached to a good QB brain. Same for running ability. Or height.

There are some guys at the margins of this. Like Fitzy. Supposedly good Harvard brain, actually adequate QB brain, but we can do better.

If Glennon has smarts, lets get him. If not, he's just Jeff George, etc., rinsed and repeated.

at this point in my long and storied Bills Fandom history, I really want just one thing in my QB.

Brains.

I assume that most QBs in the league can make most of the throws. But I no longer need a Howitzer unless its attached to a good QB brain. Same for running ability. Or height.

There are some guys at the margins of this. Like Fitzy. Supposedly good Harvard brain, actually adequate QB brain, but we can do better.

If Glennon has smarts, lets get him. If not, he's just Jeff George, etc., rinsed and repeated.

Nassib would be your guy, not that he is available. 97th percentile on the Wonderlic.

EJ was 58th and Glennon was 45th percentiles respectively.

http://nflphilosophy.com/a-visual-representation-of-nfl-quarterbacks/

I would trade a 5th for him...

Just have a hard time believing that a 3rd round QB taken AFTER EJ and Geno would eventually beat out EJ for the starting gig. If he can, awesome, if he can't, worth the risk of a 5 IMO.

2015 QB Depth Chart:

1) Sam Bradford

2) EJ Manuel

3) Mike Glennon

B-)

I saw him and EJ "battle" it out in tampa during the 2013 season.

if it was a one game tryout for both, I would go with Glennon.

That was the week after the Bills suffered a devastating loss in Toronto to the Falcons. A game where both Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler dropped easy passes from EJ Manuel that would have sealed the win and kept them in the running for the playoffs. He actually outplayed Matt Ryan. A lot of the EJ haters like to forget how he played in that game. Check out the win probability chart in that game...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201312010buf.htm

That entire Bills team did not show up in Tampa. If either Johnson or Chandler catches one of those passes, they beat the Falcons and I think they would have beat Tampa the next week.

Edited by 1billsfan

I like this guy watching what he did against the Steelers, I think he is the best option out there. The dude can flat out throw.

I'm with you, he does have a big arm. I hope the Bills bring him in for a look/see.

I would trade a 5th for him...

Just have a hard time believing that a 3rd round QB taken AFTER EJ and Geno would eventually beat out EJ for the starting gig. If he can, awesome, if he can't, worth the risk of a 5 IMO.

2015 QB Depth Chart:

1) Sam Bradford

2) EJ Manuel

3) Mike Glennon

B-)

And if you're the Tampa Bay GM, would you take a 5th for him? Defend your position given the following facts:

-The other QB on your roster are Josh McCown, who is due $5.2M with no dead money, plus an UDFA rookie

-McCown overall looked no better than Glennon, and threw more INTs than TD last year (Glennon threw significantly more TD and had better Y/A)

-Glennon is signed through 2016 for ~$600k a year

-you just drafted him 2 years ago in the 3rd round

I haven't watched him enough to have a strong opinion but I think this coaching staff may be looking for someone with at least some mobility.

He has some ??? If the O line gets better & he has the time he has a strong arm .

Another FA is Taj Boyd he was a great leader at Clemson & had a good arm & was athletic … Not to mention working with Sammy :excl:

I would bring in as many QB's as they did HC's for a interview !!

M. Moore , Glennon , Taj B. , Rex Grossman --- well may be not Rex .

And if you're the Tampa Bay GM, would you take a 5th for him? Defend your position given the following facts:

-The other QB on your roster are Josh McCown, who is due $5.2M with no dead money, plus an UDFA rookie

-McCown overall looked no better than Glennon, and threw more INTs than TD last year (Glennon threw significantly more TD and had better Y/A)

-Glennon is signed through 2016 for ~$600k a year

-you just drafted him 2 years ago in the 3rd round

Knew you'd be in here citing those contract numbers amigo. :)

I am a definitely a Glennon fan, and would love to trade for him (he's not a FA). He'll run away with the starting job. Those contracts aren't exactly albatrosses, but you would need to offer compensation that would make up for the gap. I would do it, but I'm not Doug Whaley.

Are we starting a thread for every possible QB target this offseason?

CBF

yes, and we're starting threads on every QB we can't get nor would any other team let their franchise QB go, i.e silly threads on Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and so on. It irritates me because it is so outlandish we would get Tom Brady in free agency. Glennon is an ok QB, and I have watched a ton of his games down here. What noone wants to hear is we don't have a #1 pick, and the liklihood of a real QB in a trade or free agency is so unlikely. I hold out hopes still TB needs picks so they do the trade with Philly, Philly needs picks so we trade for Foles. That is the only one that is a 1 in a 1000 shot, but hope it could happen.

Mike Glennon is worse than Ryan Mallet who is worse than Mike Glennon who is a poor man's Ryan Mallet who is a poor man's Mike Glennon. No thanks.

In other words if you breathe on either of these guys they fall down, in other words they are Junior Ortons without the experience.