Bring back the Jills

papazoid

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't say the Jills ever added anything to my game day experience at the Ralph.

The dancing they do in the corners during the game is pointless, and for the halftime show they could/should get local high school squads to do it. They are more talented anyway.

If TSW had a "Like" or "Favorite" button, I would have used it right here.

I honestly can't say the Jills ever added anything to my game day experience at the Ralph.

The dancing they do in the corners during the game is pointless, and for the halftime show they could/should get local high school squads to do it. They are more talented anyway.

I think competitive cheer leading is pretty impressive, but I am sure they would not be allowed to show off their cool moves do to liability issues.

Related story:

At the first preseason home game (against TB), I waited until the 2nd series of the 3rd quarter, and took a small survey. Basically looked around my section (which was mostly full) and said loudly: "has anyone noticed the absence of the Jills, at all?"

Pretty much everyone within earshot shook their head no.

I'm sure they're all very nice girls, and I appreciate the work they put in to do what they do...IMO they don't add anything to the gameday experience and I don't care if they come back or not.

Our season ticket group goes for the football. The Jills.....we aren't there to watch T&A.....Jills are irrelevant to the experience for our group. Drum and Buggle....OK by me........actually better now that I think about it. In terms of the legal dispute, I had an experience many years ago where my organization ran an event where the Jills came and helped with the displays being discussed. They were not paid...they were given dinner for two certificates....and that was good by them, as they were all doing this as fun experience...not wage paying job. (One of our folks was married to a Jill, and that is how we made the connection) The Jills morphed from a voluntary group to one expecting compensation over the last couple of decades. Anyhow I have no problem with the Bills deciding the Jills are history...permanently.

A burlesque show would be good during commercial breaks

+1, the Jills were a joke. If they are going to bring back cheerleaders then there are some young ladies on the other side of the border that like to dance that would do it for cheap ($20 per song)

It's un-American not to have cheerleaders at a football game. Down right un-American.

To all you Nancy's who said you don't like the cheerleaders and don't want the Jills to come back, where do you guys get your nails done before the game? And what color panties do you wear to the game? And do you sip wine coolers while the real men in your group drink beer and whisky? Do you eat your friggin chicken wings with a knife and fork so you don't mess up your nails?

Just kidding...geeze.....don't get so emotional....

Edited by PolishDave

Related story:

At the first preseason home game (against TB), I waited until the 2nd series of the 3rd quarter, and took a small survey. Basically looked around my section (which was mostly full) and said loudly: "has anyone noticed the absence of the Jills, at all?"

Pretty much everyone within earshot shook their head no.

I'm sure they're all very nice girls, and I appreciate the work they put in to do what they do...IMO they don't add anything to the gameday experience and I don't care if they come back or not.

Where are your seats? I'm not sure if we paid a lot of attention to the Jills before the '99 seat rearrangement (Nancy Bates, mmmm) because we were in row 15 and they were easy to see, and now we're old and in row 35, and we've paid no attention for 15 years.

Actually, I think it's all the row because even at our advanced ages, we still notice every hot chick in the vicinity.

Where are your seats? I'm not sure if we paid a lot of attention to the Jills before the '99 seat rearrangement (Nancy Bates, mmmm) because we were in row 15 and they were easy to see, and now we're old and in row 35, and we've paid no attention for 15 years.

Actually, I think it's all the row because even at our advanced ages, we still notice every hot chick in the vicinity.

Haha good point.

I'm in row 9 of the upper deck right around the 50 yard line.

Our season ticket group goes for the football. The Jills.....we aren't there to watch T&A.....Jills are irrelevant to the experience for our group. Drum and Buggle....OK by me........actually better now that I think about it. The Jills morphed from a voluntary group to one expecting compensation over the last couple of decades. Anyhow I have no problem with the Bills deciding the Jills are history...permanently.

This. I was in a D&B Corps for years in high school and put in all kinds of hours of work and practice, and travel. It was fun. The Jills started as a volunteer group. What the hell is a professional cheerleader? Why should they get paid a dime?

They should bring in some real talent from Lundy's Lane.

LOL. Yes, nude cheerleading at the Ralph, in December.

That's a great idea sir.

I watch football . I have no use for cheerleaders

Ah I see. You prefer the tight, cute little buns of the football players themselves.

Well, to each their own. They do wear awfully nice tight pants, I'll give you that.