Bring back the Jills

papazoid

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically 3 pages of dudes not liking girls. That's nasty!

Hell yeah bring back the Jills!

During yesterday's game it was nice that they showed the seahawk girls just before and after commercial breaks. Neccessary? Of course not. But I prefer a camera shot of girlies than some fat ass seahawk fan or a fat nerd with a drum.

Bring back the Jills, pay them above fair wage, and move on. Easy decisions.

But what can I say, I like girls. Not that there is anything wrong with THAT!

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Haha good point.

I'm in row 9 of the upper deck right around the 50 yard line.

Yup, you'd need some high powered binoculars to give a crap from there. When we were young and they were hotter, and we were 15 rows up, we had nicknames for all of them. It was fun............But, get much higher than that, they don't matter at all.

Ralph confided to me that the Jills were an integral part of the Bill'

s family. Beer, Bills and Booty is what the ignorant masses want.

Whether they win or lose, it's always better with a 21 year old blonde girl on your lap.

There will be no cheerleading squad doing the 'Shout’ dance at the Ralph on Sunday. Instead, Bills fans will follow the beat of a 20-member percussion group, the Stampede.

Unlike the Jills, who had been on the sidelines since Daryle Lamonica was traded to the Oakland Raiders in 1967, the Stampede drummers will be stationed in the grandstand, where seven rows of seats that have been removed to accommodate them and their instruments.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/with-no-jills-to-lead-cheers-the-job-of-drumming-up-fan-excitement-falls-to-the-stampede-20140912

No. They are a cost and a headache the team doesn't need. If you want to see T&A then go somewhere else. That is all the Jills and any other "cheer squat" for an NFL team is...T&A for adult males...and some females.

Cost, Do you think Cheerleaders make tons of money?

How about the advertising the Jills do for the team?

This is an embarrassment to the Buffalo Bills and it needs to be taken care of IMO

Edited by Donald Duck

Cost, Do you think Cheerleaders make tons of money?

How about the advertising the Jills do for the team?

This is an embarrassment to the Buffalo Bills and it needs to be taken care of IMO

I have absolutely no problem with the Jills; I also don't miss them one iota.

If they never return I'll be totally fine.

I have absolutely no problem with the Jills; I also don't miss them one iota.

If they never return I'll be totally fine.

Well I think its sad nobody wants to stand up for something thats part of the Buffalo Bills and football tradition.

Myself personally, I love beautiful woman, especially when they are wearing Bills colors and cheering our team on.

Basically 3 pages of dudes not liking girls. That's nasty!

Hell yeah bring back the Jills!

During yesterday's game it was nice that they showed the seahawk girls just before and after commercial breaks. Neccessary? Of course not. But I prefer a camera shot of girlies than some fat ass seahawk fan or a fat nerd with a drum.

Bring back the Jills, pay them above fair wage, and move on. Easy decisions.

But what can I say, I like girls. Not that there is anything wrong with THAT!

It's not like that we hate T&A, it is that said T&A doesn't add anything to the game. They weren't going into the stands to give you a lapdance, They weren't going topless for the pink ribbon game. Chances are slim that you were dating/married to one of them. If you were anything above the 15th row, you hardly noticed them to begin with. They weren't even the type of cheerleaders that do flip and break their necks when the guy cheerleader drops them.

The drumline adds ambient noise that can be useful in game situations, that can be heard from any part of the stadium, and we'll get to watch them get frostbite in the lower bowl as they are drumming away in a blizzard.

Well I think its sad nobody wants to stand up for something thats part of the Buffalo Bills and football tradition.

Myself personally, I love beautiful woman, especially when they are wearing Bills colors and cheering our team on.

This has nothing to do with liking beautiful women; it's an issue of whether or not they add anything to my game day experience.

I don't pay to watch cheerleaders; I pay to watch football. If I wanted to pay to see beautiful women, I'd go to Niagara Falls, Ontario.

As I said, I have no problem with the Jills, but if they never return I won't miss them.

Hey Donald, I agree with you. I've been going to Bills games since the late 60's and always saw the Jills as a symbolic part of the Bills and the game day experience.

I can't help but feel most of these butt holes have a deeply rooted macho chauvinism and animosity towards woman in general, and especially to those who stand up for themselves.

Just look at the last response to your post. If they aren't undressing or gyrating for him, him have no need for woman at football game.

Pathetic.

Edited by BuffaloBob

This has nothing to do with liking beautiful women; it's an issue of whether or not they add anything to my game day experience.

I don't pay to watch cheerleaders; I pay to watch football. If I wanted to pay to see beautiful women, I'd go to Niagara Falls, Ontario.

As I said, I have no problem with the Jills, but if they never return I won't miss them.

I'll post the same thing I just shouted, Its a mans game, in a mans world, don't take away the only contributions that allow woman to take part in the game.

Its tradition to have cheerleaders at NFL home games, and not just NFL home games, almost all football home games.

It should remain tradition IMO...

gotta say the two preseason games were not the same without the Jills.

shame on the Buffalo Bills for not financially supporting a cheerleading squad.

No! Really, what did they ever contribute to the game atmosphere, others than some eye candy when the game was really slow. Which of course is why they are suing the Bills now.

Hey Donald, I agree with you. I've been going to Bills games since the late 60's and always saw the Jills as a symbolic part of the Bills and the game day experience.

I can't help but feel most if these butt holes have a deeply rooted make macho chauvinism and animosity towards woman in general, and especially to those who stand up for themselves.

Just look at the last response to your post. If they aren't undressing or gyrating for him, him have no need for woman at football game.

Pathetic.

sigh, it is pretty sad, i agree

The whole cheerleading thing always seemed a bit archaic. Probably not a good idea to teach girls to view themselves as pretty objects that ornate the work done by men. This is less of an issue in high school and college but was taken to extremes in the NFL in the 90s (in terms of the outfits, the routines, etc.).

That being said, I'm not going to get up in arms about cheerleading in the league (and the US as a whole). People can do what they want. I just don't think it's much of a loss, quite the opposite actually.

I can't help but feel most of these butt holes have a deeply rooted macho chauvinism and animosity towards woman in general, and especially to those who stand up for themselves.

Pathetic.

Calling me pathetic on the basis that I seemingly want women to undress or I have no use for them?

Wow, I've seen massive ignorance before, but this level is a rarity.

If you want to go to a football game and ogle women, go for it.

That's not why I go there. I could care less if they're wearing goose-down parkas or their birthday suits, I'm not watching them.

You can call me pathetic if you'd like, but you're the one that cares about whether or not women are shaking plastic streamers on the sideline. Me? I'm there to watch football, not women.

The whole point about Niagara Falls was a joke to Duck, with whom I often joke in the Shoutbox. The point was that I'm not shelling out money to see women dance; even if I chose to do so, a football game with 70,000 others wouldn't be the best venue.

You know what's pathetic? Self-righteous outrage over someone else not caring about a sideshow that adds nothing to the game day experience.

Next time think before you insult people. Or don't, and be prepared to be dressed down (again).

sigh, it is pretty sad, i agree

So you agree that I'm pathetic Duck? After the way I've defended you over and over?

This won't be forgotten.

The whole cheerleading thing always seemed a bit archaic. Probably not a good idea to teach girls to view themselves as pretty objects that ornate the work done by men. This is less of an issue in high school and college but was taken to extremes in the NFL in the 90s (in terms of the outfits, the routines, etc.).

That being said, I'm not going to get up in arms about cheerleading in the league (and the US as a whole). People can do what they want. I just don't think it's much of a loss, quite the opposite actually.

Careful, apparently you're a pathetic chauvinist.

Who cares. I'm not missing them. Better that they stay away.

You too

I'll post the same thing I just shouted, Its a mans game, in a mans world, don't take away the only contributions that allow woman to take part in the game.

Its tradition to have cheerleaders at NFL home games, and not just NFL home games, almost all football home games.

It should remain tradition IMO...

This is a pretty offensive comment. The "only thing" women can do in the game of football is to dance around and cheer for the men? Though they play in a horribly chauvinistic league, the LFL actually features women who PLAY football. Your comment is so condescending I doubt I'd pay attention to anything else you post in this thread. It equates to "Awww, let the girlies do their dance, they just like the foosball."

I'm going to make one last comment before I leave this thread alone.

I can agree with someones generalization without agreeing to everything he or she has in a post.

I don't appreciate getting called out for nothing.

If I agreed with a post characterizing someone else as an objectifying, pathetic Neanderthal, you can be darn sure I'd expect that person to call me out.

Furthermore, if such an inflammatory part of a post were something I disagreed with, you can be positive that I'd draw the line about it so as not to further insult the subject of those comments.

You didn't. You flat-out agreed. Message received.

We are 1-0 without the Jill's? Coincidence?

there were no cheerleaders for either team last week.

but...be warned...

The Honey Bears were the official cheerleading squad of the Chicago Bears franchise from 1976 until 1985.

After the 1985 Bears, famous for their Super Bowl Shuffle, the McCaskey family decided to get rid of the Honey Bears, claiming their cheerleaders didn't fit the team's tough image.

Many Chicago Bears fans claim the team lingers under a Honey Bear Curse, given their Bears haven't won a Super Bowl since.

Edited by papazoid

How did i miss that !

Oh. I forgot. Thats why you are the Captain. Sir . well done , carry on .

Jills . I dont mind women who seem very Happy to cavort and cheer as a group. Not one bit . Looks like fun to me

Its the opposite of my marriage .

Just pay the girls .

aint hurtin no one and it isnt my money

It's not like that we hate T&A, it is that said T&A doesn't add anything to the game. They weren't going into the stands to give you a lapdance, They weren't going topless for the pink ribbon game. Chances are slim that you were dating/married to one of them. If you were anything above the 15th row, you hardly noticed them to begin with. They weren't even the type of cheerleaders that do flip and break their necks when the guy cheerleader drops them.

The drumline adds ambient noise that can be useful in game situations, that can be heard from any part of the stadium, and we'll get to watch them get frostbite in the lower bowl as they are drumming away in a blizzard.

I stopped reading after "it's not like we hate T&A". Just kidding.

The more t&a, the better! That's pretty much it.

In other words WOULD I PREFER TO SEE PRETTY GIRLS IN SKIRTS? OR FAT NERDS PLAYING DRUMS? The answer will always favor female T&A. Always son!

You know when women say, "Is that ALL men think about?" They are referring to guys like me.

Bring back the Jills dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been 1-0 many times.

Bring back the Jills dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I agreed with a post characterizing someone else as an objectifying, pathetic Neanderthal, you can be darn sure I'd expect that person to call me out.

Furthermore, if such an inflammatory part of a post were something I disagreed with, you can be positive that I'd draw the line about it so as not to further insult the subject of those comments.

You didn't. You flat-out agreed. Message received.

I knew you'd see the light eventually.

I'll only consider the "Jills" if they add other genders to the squad and rename it the "Jacks and Jills, etc." This is the 21st Century, fellas, political correctness is the watch word. Additionally, I'd expect a representative number of LBGT folks on the squad.

Edited by Keukasmallies