Camp's about to start! Anybody miss Stevie?

eball

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the right situation (like San Fran) Stevie can really shine. His unorthodox route running is hard for db's to cover. Maybe his style didn't fit with what we wanted to do but he's going to do some damage in the slot with the Niners and we are going to be jealous. EJ has good chemistry with Woods but he's small, I don't know how well he's going to do running across the middle. I wish we would have kept him

I felt that way when the trade happened, but now I'm beginning to think its for the better

And that's in hindsight!

Dunno, I liked him and agree he will give DB's fits out there. That said, big drops and big fumbles cost us games. Every time you start missing him watch the Atlanta game highlights.

Why are we crapping on the guy? A 7th rounder who put up good numbers, enjoyed playing here and was traded away instead of bolting when his contract was up like a lot of players have. Not saying you have to miss him but to start up a thread to crap on him? Save it for Dbags like Byrd.

BTW I'm good w Stevie no longer on the team but I just don't understand all the hate the guy STILL gets.

He had chemistry with Fitz, but not with EJ last year. There were drops, and poor production at times.

I like the guy, but what was he thinking bragging in the off season he doesn't train at all. I wish him the best, but the trade looked positive for both sides. With the power house of SF, they'll benefit from SJ services. He'll compliment Crabtree, Bolden, and V. Davis.

For us the trade made sense with our addition and draft pick.

We were crowded at WR anyway.

Stevie was great for us when the cupboard was bare...the issue is he thinks he's a #1 WR based on the production he had when we had noone else to throw to, when in fact he is a more complimentary type receiver...a very good #2 when healthy or a terrific #3 in the slot...

Yes he is 6' 2" but he plays a lot smaller than that. Mike Williams is the same height but plays bigger. It's how long your arms arm, how your vertical is, how you time your jumps and the aggressiveness with which you go for the ball

Why are we crapping on the guy? A 7th rounder who put up good numbers, enjoyed playing here and was traded away instead of bolting when his contract was up like a lot of players have. Not saying you have to miss him but to start up a thread to crap on him? Save it for Dbags like Byrd.

BTW I'm good w Stevie no longer on the team but I just don't understand all the hate the guy STILL gets.

this

Just wait until he's tearing it up in SF or when Woods or Goodwin gets injured in about week 3. Well all be saying we shouldn't have given up our only veteran at the position for almost nothing.

With that said. Right now I don't miss him. I think he wanted out and it showed with his attitude last year a bit. Not that it was bad, just that he wasn't happy. I wish him the best in SF and know he'll be successful there.

Edited by mrags

im not a Stevie hater by any means, but I don't think we lose much , if anything, with RW in the slot. And probably gain an edge after the catch. I think RW is the better fit there and he and EJ have developed the chemistry that Stevie didn't. I like the addition of Williams a ton in the red zone. Edited by YoloinOhio

this

Just wait until he's tearing it up in SF or when Woods or Goodwin gets injured in about week 3. Well all be saying we shouldn't have given up our only veteran at the position for almost nothing.

Gonna be hard to tear it up in SF when he's will most likely be the 4th passing option. I liked him, I respected his rise from where he was selected, he put up very good numbers all things considered, and I certainly appreciate how he re-signed with us for less than he could have got on the open market. I just feel like we have obtained two better receivers in the off season in Watkins and Williams and, quite frankly, I got tired of the drops in absolutely vital situations. I won't crap on him, but I don't miss him.

this

With that said. Right now I don't miss him. I think he wanted out and it showed with his attitude last year a bit. Not that it was bad, just that he wasn't happy. I wish him the best in SF and know he'll be successful there.

a strong performance by SJ in SF will only help the Bills with getting possibly a 3rd rd pick over a 4th rd pick and it plays into what we owe Philly for Bryce Brown. I hope he does tear it up there. But I still don't think it was a good fit here.

Stevie Johnson earned every penny and more as a Bill. He worked hard. He played hard. He wanted to win every bit as much as any fan wanted the Bills to win. He did his part. His Bills career should not be defined by a couple costly drops and a few small bouts of immaturity. I wish him the best in the rest of his NFL career and beyond. He's a good dude, in my book.

And yes. I miss him. But I think his departure was both smart and necessary for him AND the Bills.

I love Stevie. Always will. I'll root for him in SF. Sad he's not on the team....but we don't need him. Especially with his big contract. I'm super fired up for Sammy. Excited for mike Williams. I think Robert woods will be our most productive WR this year. Our WRs are the best we've had in 20 years IMO. While I loved Stevie because he embraced the city and was a good person, we're better off without him

Can't replace experience. We have a lot of potential. I liked Stevie, how many games did we win where he didn't drop the pass or fumble, we'll never know.

For what we got for him I would have rather had him here.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

Can't replace experience. We have a lot of potential. I liked Stevie, how many games did we win where he didn't drop the pass or fumble, we'll never know.

we would be no better with him than without him. Jmo. Edited by YoloinOhio

im not a Stevie hater by any means, but I don't think we lose much , if anything, with RW in the slot. And probably gain an edge after the catch. I think RW is the better fit there and he and EJ have developed the chemistry that Stevie didn't. I like the addition of Williams a ton in the red zone.

Although, Stevie did have more receptions, and more yards than Woods last season.

I also don't think it's even relevant to compare Stevie to Woods. We easily could have had both. Personally, I wish he were still a Bill.

Stevie Johnson earned every penny and more as a Bill. He worked hard. He played hard. He wanted to win every bit as much as any fan wanted the Bills to win. He did his part. His Bills career should not be defined by a couple costly drops and a few small bouts of immaturity. I wish him the best in the rest of his NFL career and beyond. He's a good dude, in my book.

And yes. I miss him. But I think his departure was both smart and necessary for him AND the Bills.

I love Stevie. Always will. I'll root for him in SF. Sad he's not on the team....but we don't need him. Especially with his big contract. I'm super fired up for Sammy. Excited for mike Williams. I think Robert woods will be our most productive WR this year. Our WRs are the best we've had in 20 years IMO. While I loved Stevie because he embraced the city and was a good person, we're better off without him

Both these comments how I feel. I had no problems with Stevie. I wish him the very best in SF, and I do miss him.

Having said that, I am absolutely thrilled that we have Sammy Watkins, and I can't wait to see how Robert Woods does in his second year.

Gonna be hard to tear it up in SF when he's will most likely be the 4th passing option. I liked him, I respected his rise from where he was selected, he put up very good numbers all things considered, and I certainly appreciate how he re-signed with us for less than he could have got on the open market. I just feel like we have obtained two better receivers in the off season in Watkins and Williams and, quite frankly, I got tired of the drops in absolutely vital situations. I won't crap on him, but I don't miss him.

except that SJ13 ate Sherman for lunch the last matchup. A TD where he left him standing lost and 100+ yards. If Sherman is man enough to cover a man inside SJ will crush him.

Sherman is as overrated as anyone. Peterson may give Johnson a fit. Much faster. More athletic. Better hands and a pure CB talent.

This.

Not sure there's a need to start a thread to crap on him.

What he said!

I too never understood the hatred for Stevie...I wish him nothing but good luck with his new team. He was a good Bill!

I like the WR's individually but I am not sold on Woods in the slot. I would rather see Woods outside with Watkins. Let Goodwin play the slot WR. Who says Williams will be any better than Woods on the outside?

I tend to believe Woods is going to be a monster in the slot. He's tough, runs great routes, and is quicker than he's given credit for. This offense is tailor made for him to thrive in the slot, I really believe that.

Both these comments how I feel. I had no problems with Stevie. I wish him the very best in SF, and I do miss him.

Having said that, I am absolutely thrilled that we have Sammy Watkins, and I can't wait to see how Robert Woods does in his second year.

I'm late to this thread but well said, gentlemen. :beer: