Camp's about to start! Anybody miss Stevie?

eball

YOLO, you aren't a flamer- you won't be flamed... I for one am happy with the Stevie move, but I did like him. I won't miss his antics, and his crucial drops or fumbles, but regardless- he was our weapon in the outside- one of the few bright spots on a junk team... It's time to move on, I think we upgraded, but only time will tell!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put up 2 cheap tickets if you do for that bet... But I will need 3- 1000 yard seasons in 5 years... Essentially better than SJ's first 5

I'd never bet that because I want to be wrong. I'm not one of those tools who would rather be right than see the Bills win.

My main point is that folks are so quick to dismiss Stevie's #s. He was a very productive player with a very average at best qb. I'm going to miss him. But I hope this group makes it that much easier to move on.

Well to side with the Stevie bunch. ( i WAS wishy washy over the eventuality ) Sammy was drafted as close to number one as Bills allowed . and Cleveland of course. Although i dont expect anything spectacular this year , you gotta think he he breaks some highlight excerpts pretty early.

But like like any other player i think he weill need to settle in. and i have patience for that please , because he does all the right things and then some .

Did anyone notice that the last interview with Stevie , he had his back pack on. Most commented reffered to style . And it is for youth. I thought that interview was the end. i dont recall if it was BBcom or who. But it was a noticeable one.

Thing is Stevie wants to be on a winning team and he could not see that vision with the Bills anymore. Fair enough.

Go Stevie Johnson.

GO BILLS!

Agreed for the most part. But Stevie wanted to be here. He wanted to be part of the group that turned the Bills around.

Stevie has his faults but he was all about Buffalo and the Bills. Personally, especially after last year with his mother, I wanted him to be here. But it's a business and I hope it works out for both him and the Bills.

I'd never bet that because I want to be wrong. I'm not one of those tools who would rather be right than see the Bills win.

My main point is that folks are so quick to dismiss Stevie's #s. He was a very productive player with a very average at best qb. I'm going to miss him. But I hope this group makes it that much easier to move on.

As I just stated in another thread- and maybe previously here... He was a bright spot for a while, if he plays for the Bills- you gotta pull for him, but his antics, drops, and fumbles at costly times got REALLY old... I think this new crew will make it easy to forget him

Agreed for the most part. But Stevie wanted to be here. He wanted to be part of the group that turned the Bills around.

Stevie has his faults but he was all about Buffalo and the Bills. Personally, especially after last year with his mother, I wanted him to be here. But it's a business and I hope it works out for both him and the Bills.

Oh i agree he DID. But I think he knew that it wasn't in the cards and by the time that little presser popped up , He had moved on .

Probably because he knew the FO had other plans.

Marrone was giving it away too , talking about timing and route running . If i recall correct

Can someone please tell me why Norwood was no longer with the team after wide right? Did Christy take the job from him or did he retire, etc...

Too lazy to look for it

Norwood couldn't hit very much beyond the 40, and was horrible on grass. He probably should have been replaced before that season, but Marv loved how accurate he was inside the 40.

Scotty took all the heat of that "wide right" 47 yarder, and yet Levy knew it was a longshot as he stated that fewer then 50% of those are made. Norwood was 1-5 five for FG's on grass past the 40. I gotta wonder if he doesn't regret going for one more pass play with 8 seconds left, either to get them closer or go for it all.

Anyway, i'm just happy to see SJ with a winning team, and in the NFC.

Can someone please tell me why Norwood was no longer with the team after wide right? Did Christy take the job from him or did he retire, etc...

Too lazy to look for it

Norwood stayed on another year after WR and had a productive season 'Dedicated to the fans of WNY!'. He MADE a 47 harder in the next AFC title game. The winning margin vs Denver.

Christy became a sought-after FA after that season and truley wanted to be a Bill as it was close to his home. I don't recall contract specifics but I don't believe we were top bidder. He simply wanted to be a Bill. Norwood was out of the League within a year..

Stevie was as productive a wide out we've had since Andre; however I think his antics were too much to deal with for a guy who was not even truly a number one wide out. How could you not love the guy? Worked his butt off from his first day of rookie camp after being taken that late, made his impression on fans, constantly praised Buffalo on social media, etc. He will be (and deservingly so) a fan favorite for a long time.

I certainly think we wouldn't be worse off if we still had him but we don't know what goes on inside that locker room. We can only decipher how a player acts from the media and from press conferences, and unfortunately I can remember several times in which Stevie did not take accountability for his actions/poor play, i.e. the Atlanta game last year.If you recall, rather than acknowledging his blunder and taking responsibility for at least part of the loss, he got combative with reporters and tried to disregard the fumble by reminding them that he caught the game-winning TD versus Carolina. One of those times when you wonder how good of a locker room influence could he possibly be if he's pulling moves like that with reporters?

Norwood stayed on another year after WR and had a productive season 'Dedicated to the fans of WNY!'. He MADE a 47 harder in the next AFC title game. The winning margin vs Denver.

Christy became a sought-after FA after that season and truley wanted to be a Bill as it was close to his home. I don't recall contract specifics but I don't believe we were top bidder. He simply wanted to be a Bill. Norwood was out of the League within a year..

Honestly- with a team like we had back then, you get a lot of players cheaper than normal- which is what I think our current problem is... No recent winning, it's not attractive to those looking for rings

Still think it was a bit premature to trade SJ13 right after (or during?) the draft. Better off waiting to see if Mike Williams would pan out, plus think maybe we could have gotten more for him by waiting and seeing if the injury bug takes out some WRs. Never have really understood the hate for the guy, had a few moments (Steelers drop, Pats drop) but there was no one else that was stepping up and he kept us in ball games.

Antics is what I dont get, no off-field issues, as loyal as they come and I dont think his TD celebrations ever resulted in hurting the team. I'm too lazy to look it up though. Brought some personality to this team, when the team wasnt showing much else.

WIsh the best of luck for him on the 49ers.

Stupid. Josh Reed was a scrub who was drafted high.

The best part is the people crapping on SJ will be the first ones complaining if Sammy struggles or SJ has a good game.

You dont have to worry about that...SJ13 = my avatar picture.