WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

Oh, it will be reduced. Dareus was a superstar for Saban and he was arrested in Bama. The cop that arrested him will be the one suspended.

Not sure about the cop getting suspended, but yes, having been a stud for Bama and being a Pro Bowler in the NFL should lead to a reduction.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure about the cop getting suspended, but yes, having been a stud for Bama and being a Pro Bowler in the NFL should lead to a reduction.

And that's a big part of the problem. Things are reduced, forgiven etc their entire lives then people act all surprised when these guys !@#$ up.

And that's a big part of the problem. Things are reduced, forgiven etc their entire lives then people act all surprised when these guys !@#$ up.

Depends on the crime/situation.

Everyone would get that charge reduced, as the only reason it's a felony is to get people to snitch or plead guilty. The standard practice is to overcharge every crime so that the defendant will plead guilty to a lower charge, and the prosecutor gets a notch on his belt he can use for re-election.

Synthetic is not banned by the NFL and is not tested for. Dareus can smoke it all he wants and won't piss hot. Not to mention there is no precedent for suspending players for synthetic marijuana (despite several arrests) and the NFLPA says you can't even suspend for it.

No one knows the **** they put in those packets.

Since drinking the wrong shake at gnc will get your "piss hot." I'm thinking some the stuff in those packets might trip a test.

"Not sure"?? You mean you think there is a chance that cop would be suspended for arresting Dareus? Wow! You and Fingon on Lonely Planet!

Maybe a reduction is in the works, but the Governor went out of his way to make this a significant legal issue in Alabama only a few years ago--issuing an executive order criminilazing it even before the law in the state was passed. He's still Governor...he could push for full enforcement like Bloomberg did for Plaxico.

Also, the weight to be charged with distribution is only 28 grams. They say that's only 3 small packets of the stuff. Wonder how much Big Dummy had on him...

Edited by Mr. WEO

"Not sure"?? You mean you think there is a chance that cop would be suspended for arresting Dareus? Wow! You and Fingon on Lonely Planet!

Maybe a reduction is in the works, but the Governor went out of his way to make this a significant legal issue in Alabama only a few years ago--issuing an executive order criminilazing it even before the law in the state was passed. He's still Governor...he could push for full enforcement like Bloomberg did for Plaxico.

Also, the weight to be charged with distribution is only 28 grams. They say that's only 3 small packets of the stuff. Wonder how much Big Dummy had on him...

he went crazy on it to respond to media reports of kids dying and standard law processes lagging behind the time tables that these companies were turning out new slightly different and therefor legal products.

Im not in alabama, but from what i gather, just being nearby - i havent heard near the controversy associated with this (if anything, that the penalties are a bit crazy over the top is the loudest chatter). Id be surprised if anybody wants to be known for these laws, as much as they were worried about being known for not getting something on books while the youth of alabama were dying (will somebody think of the kids!)

Edited by NoSaint

Settle down, sparky. There is always a remote possibility it could happen, but it was meant to be a nice way of saying "not gonna happen."

Burress brought a loaded weapon into a public area and it discharged, thankfully only wounding himself. I don't know how many people are being injured by spice, but I doubt it's remotely close to people being injured by guns. As for distribution charges, :lol: .

Settle down, sparky. There is always a remote possibility it could happen, but it was meant to be a nice way of saying "not gonna happen."

Burress brought a loaded weapon into a public area and it discharged, thankfully only wounding himself. I don't know how many people are being injured by spice, but I doubt it's remotely close to people being injured by guns. As for distribution charges, :lol: .

Tell me exactly how you think the could the cop who arrested Dareus "could" be suspended. Why on earth would that ever happen?

Just say 'there is no way a cop would ever be suspended for making that arrest". That would be nicer...

The distribution law is on the books doc. It was purposefully made several orders of magnitude less than the weight needed to charge for real weed distribution.

Daryl Washington suspended for all of 2014. Team thought it would be 4 games. Roger might be laying down the hammer a little more.

drug violations are collective bargaining - its a set penalty for a violation, goodell doesnt get to lay down the hammer extra. It sounds like washington was deeper into the drug program than the team thought, if they were surprised.

Daryl Washington suspended for all of 2014. Team thought it would be 4 games. Roger might be laying down the hammer a little more.

He was suspended for the first four games of last season too. Not a first offense.

He was suspended for the first four games of last season too. Not a first offense.

right - if he was suspended 4 last year, which i now remember, this is clearly his 3rd offense which is a mandatory year. Unless there was some special circumstance, im not sure why the team would expect otherwise (maybe just giving hope to fans and downplaying the problem?)

Edited by NoSaint

Tell me exactly how you think the could the cop who arrested Dareus "could" be suspended. Why on earth would that ever happen?

Just say 'there is no way a cop would ever be suspended for making that arrest". That would be nicer...

The distribution law is on the books doc. It was purposefully made several orders of magnitude less than the weight needed to charge for real weed distribution.

Dareus getting hit with a distribution charge has about as much a chance of happening as the cop getting suspended. Not sure why you'd bring that up unless you want to see it happen.

drug violations are collective bargaining - its a set penalty for a violation, goodell doesnt get to lay down the hammer extra. It sounds like washington was deeper into the drug program than the team thought, if they were surprised.

Was he tagged for a drug that the NFL tests for and bans, or spice? Unless it was spice, not germane to the present subject.

Dareus getting hit with a distribution charge has about as much a chance of happening as the cop getting suspended. Not sure why you'd bring that up unless you want to see it happen.

Was he tagged for a drug that the NFL tests for and bans, or spice? Unless it was spice, not germane to the present subject.

Wasn't remotely implying dareus faced the same escalation, simply that in the case being mentioned there shouldn't have been any surprise as the banned substance violations structure is pretty well defined.

This of course being in a hazy area on the fringe, but I generally agree with your take.

Wasn't remotely implying dareus faced the same escalation, simply that in the case being mentioned there shouldn't have been any surprise as the banned substance violations structure is pretty well defined.

This of course being in a hazy area on the fringe, but I generally agree with your take.

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you.

@ByTimGraham: Buffalo News reporting Marcell Dareus charged w/3 misdemeanors & 4 traffic violations for drag racing and property damage in Hamburg last wk

@ByTimGraham: Marcell Dareus accused of leaving the scene of a property-damage accident, among other things.

@ByTimGraham: Buffalo News reporting Marcell Dareus charged w/3 misdemeanors & 4 traffic violations for drag racing and property damage in Hamburg last wk

@ByTimGraham: Marcell Dareus accused of leaving the scene of a property-damage accident, among other things.

he was just having fun and some stuff happened.

Stay home and play video games Marcell! :wallbash:

Marcell's just taking care of business like he said he would.

Didn't he also say "you guys got it all wrong" or something like that to the press?? No wonder the guy doesn't stay in the B-Lo in the of season, one week and he's in trouble.

Update...http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/02/marcell-dareus-arrested-again/

"the media put things out there the wrong way"

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

Great. Here comes my favorite non sports related sports quote: " I just want to put this behind me and focus on the upcoming season."

Whenever I hear that line, I want subtitles at the bottom of the screen to say, "Yes, I'm an immature ^ss, and I will continue to be an ^ss by refusing to answer any questions about my moronic behavior."

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve