WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

That's all well and good. But what ever happened to being responsible for your own actions?

Do you think every employer should take a "solutions oriented approach" when every employee has problems? Or is it just for multimillionaire athletes?

I don't mean to gang up on you (or C.Biscuit for that matter), but the whole "no one is responsible for their own actions, everyone needs to be coddled" (particularly athletes) attitude of our society these days is a hot button for me.

no problem and i wont be offended by your take --- but when you invest heavily in an employee via available resources, based on them being of rare ability.... yea, generally speaking its probably better to try to be proactive than to simply replace.

that can be a freak of nature athlete, sales person, or burger flipper. if they are so good at their job that they are hard to replace at that level, as an employer i think its reasonable to try and fix the surrounding problems (or potentially put up with some) as opposed to shipping them off quick. its obviously ideal that people handle their own issues, but in the real world its something thats tough for even well put together folks to do 100% of the time even without hardship.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cutting him is me taking it to the extreme I guess. The coaching staff just can't turn their heads on the one and pretend it will be ok. I really beleive they have to put their foot down with the clown and do something.

MD really takes the off season serious uh? He should be in the gym getting ready for the season and hoping for a massive contract extension.

Time will tell with this kid.........

I'm very disappointed with him.

I agree that it seems he should be with the team. They are voluntary workouts, and Marrone said he knows where everyone is if they aren't there, but of course we all would think he'd be there and not in Alabama speeding with drugs in his car. But, we don't know the whole story.

I actually have been leaning toward Aaron Donald at 9 before this. Think he is BPA there.

Kiper gets a lot of grief but I think his assessment of Donald is spot on:

"He’s the third best defensive player in this draft by far, and that’s behind Clowney and Mack who both are in line to be the No. 1 pick. Do the math. A defensive tackle in today’s NFL who dominated the regular season, dominated the Senior Bowl practices, dominated the combine, did everything perfect"

http://www.cardiachill.com/2014/5/7/5690180/2014-nfl-draft-aaron-donald-pitt-football-pittsburgh-panthers-cowboys-chicago-bears-projections

Kiper gets a lot of grief but I think his assessment of Donald is spot on:

"He's the third best defensive player in this draft by far, and that's behind Clowney and Mack who both are in line to be the No. 1 pick. Do the math. A defensive tackle in today's NFL who dominated the regular season, dominated the Senior Bowl practices, dominated the combine, did everything perfect"

http://www.cardiachi...ars-projections

FWIW I saw that a DT 295 or under hasn't been drafted in the top 10 since 1987. Nothing against AD.

no problem and i wont be offended by your take --- but when you invest heavily in an employee via available resources, based on them being of rare ability.... yea, generally speaking its probably better to try to be proactive than to simply replace.

that can be a freak of nature athlete, sales person, or burger flipper. if they are so good at their job that they are hard to replace at that level, as an employer i think its reasonable to try and fix the surrounding problems (or potentially put up with some) as opposed to shipping them off quick. its obviously ideal that people handle their own issues, but in the real world its something thats tough for even well put together folks to do 100% of the time even without hardship.

Exactly. We shouldn't and can't give up on a player or a person because of things like this even if the genesis is that it's because he's good.

The guy should get a pass...he just lost his brother.

Wait....will someone PLEASE get me the damn 2014 Dareus script?!

He'll get a pass because synthetic marijuana is not banned by the NFL and cannot be used as a basis for punishment.

He'll get a pass because synthetic marijuana is not banned by the NFL and cannot be used as a basis for punishment.

Link?

From what I can tell by doing a quick lap around Sportracs suspension logs, four games suspensions are handed out to repeat offenders, PED users, guys who failed pee tests or guys who had an additional charge on top of a drug bust (guns). I did a cursory glance, hoping to restore optimism, so I could very well be wrong.

Link?

From what I can tell by doing a quick lap around Sportracs suspension logs, four games suspensions are handed out to repeat offenders, PED users, guys who failed pee tests or guys who had an additional charge on top of a drug bust (guns). I did a cursory glance, hoping to restore optimism, so I could very well be wrong.

http://www.nj.com/gi...s_arrested.html

"Our drug policy is one that has strict and well-defined drugs that are banned," NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith said before the Super Bowl earlier this year. "If they are not on the list, they can't serve as the basis for discipline."

Edited by Fingon

Link?

He linked it earlier in the thread.

Paraphernalia for using something that isn't banned by the NFL? A cup is paraphernalia for Coca-Cola.

Good point, but he still faces felony charges.

He linked it earlier in the thread.

Thanks. He graciously reposted for those of us who skipped right to page 9.

Good point, but he still faces felony charges.

Thanks. He graciously reposted for those of us who skipped right to page 9.

Kellen Winslow Jr. got caught masturbating in public and being in possession of synthetic marijuana. Something tells me if Winslow didn't get suspended Dareus won't.

You are confusing testing positive for an NFL banned substance with getting arrested for a felony.

For crimes related to substances, the NFL has this policy:

"A player will normally be subject to discipline up to and including suspension without pay for four regular and/or postseason games for a first violation of the law related to substances of abuse other than alcohol".

The NFL does not select the laws each of the states writes or enforces.