WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

Are the people, who claim they are depressed, doctors? Did Dareus say he's depressed? Do you even know Dareus? I think he has a brain tumor, causing his emotional change, do you concur?

It's a fake brain tumor. That's why he needed fake pot to deal with the fake chemo.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually have been leaning toward Aaron Donald at 9 before this. Think he is BPA there.

Donald is talented, but weighs 50 lbs less than Darius. A healthy Darius outplays Donald every time. (the good big man beats the good little man every time) Edited by bigK14094

Spice? It is legal in many places and forms. It shouldn't be. That stuff is deadly. Edit: just looked it up, it is a Class I controlled substance in AL. Good for 'bama.

Dareus should stay the f*** away from that crap and stick to illegal pot - now that stuff should be legalized.

The synthetic form of marijuana that is marketed under "K2" and "Spice" is an EXTREMELY dangerous form of the drug. It is basically a chemical analog synthesized in a laboratory. The chemical is then sprayed on dried plant matter so that it can be smoked. One of the reasons that it is so dangerous is because the haphazard manner in which it is applied to the dried plant matter. Because of this, you get varying doses of the drug each time you take a hit. Bad, bad stuff. Deadly stuff. Make you go crazy stuff.

Upthread a bit, another poster complained that it was deemed illegal through "executive order". The DEA issues emergency orders to illegalize this stuff whenever a new compound comes out. The chemists who are synthesizing this stuff would just make a minor change to the original formula to make it legal. If the DEA didn't get involved, that compound would be legal until the legislature met and voted to make it illegal. Then, the chemists would make another minor change to make it legal again until the legislature met again...and on and on and on...

Felonies? For that crap??? C'mon!

Well, Darius is black, and after all, it is ALABAMA.

to be fair the law was properly and fairly applied. it is just a terrible law.

now if you want to discuss why he was pulled over or searched you MAY have a point, but the actual charges are standard issue.

Felonies? For that crap??? C'mon!

Well, Darius is black, and after all, it is ALABAMA.

I'm not saying the racial part. It's just that it is a state that is one of the most obese & least educated in the country. They should stop giving felonies for dumb stuff like this & focus on solving real problems.

This question has no relevance to the discussion. Dareus was factually getting millions. He had no choice in the losses he suffered. Only if he were hanging with a bad crowd could you say it's a choice. He has a choice now between spice and an NFL career. That's it.

Of course it does. We have idiots here that think because you make a lot of money & play a sport, you can't be depressed. It's his job but like it or not, he will be given more slack than you or I because he's extremely in demand.

But if the guy is struggling with some issues that can be helped, the team should try whatever it can do to help. It's not as simple as you make a lot if money so be happy.

as more has played out with the facts ill say i agree that its unlikely he faces stiff discipline from the league. it sounds like an incredibly tame incident, despite alabamas laws.

With the number of players who probably use it, and the fact that the NFL doesn't ban it, I'd bet that DeMaurice Smith and the NFLPA are going to fight tooth and nail to make sure the league doesn't suspend over it.

With the number of players who probably use it, and the fact that the NFL doesn't ban it, I'd bet that DeMaurice Smith and the NFLPA are going to fight tooth and nail to make sure the league doesn't suspend over it.

Also given that there's precedent for worse behavior attached to what is so far identical possession - And no suspension.... I'm guessing the nfl doesn't want to wade into the black hole that is the Alabama legal system

You stupid Mother !@#$er....

why does everyone want to smoke weed?

Cause it is so so so sweet! <///////////////////////////#`````` Hopefully it is just a off season thing\habit! Maybe this is the extra smack he needed lingering from last year. Kid could b a beast in this D!

Honestly, Marcell should just never leave the house with the stuff. It's better for his career that he smokes synthetic because it's not banned by the NFL. The only problem for him is getting caught by the police with it.

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this video (about synthetic marijuana use on the Auburn 2010 national championship football team) was previously posted:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9204786

Edit: At 5:37 of the video, it mentions that Univ. of Alabama started testing for spice in the spring of 2010.

The Bills took Dareus in the 2011 draft.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Is this "spice" addictive? Sorry if a dumb question. Just wondering if he has been using it since college, the Bills were concerned about it since Gailey was here, and he still is... can he stop easily if they tell him this is IT or it not that simple?

It was the 3rd rape charge against PigBen and there was footage of them in the bathroom together and evidence of physical trauma on the girl. I'm assuming Goodell took all of those into account.

Goodell apparently did.

We'll see. It's not banned by the NFL, he wasn't under the influence and therefore not a harm to anyone else, and it will likely be reduced to a missy. And the NFLPA will go to bat for him.

The substance has nothing to do with the ability to suspend. What part don't you get? If he is convicted of a crime involving "substances of abuse" ("spice" fits the bill in Alabama--Dareus knows this). He's facing a year mandatory time in Alabama. Even as a misdemeanor, he faces the 4 games. Goodell could also suspend hi simply for conduct detrimental, citing also the fact that Dareus never bothered to tell the Bills he was busted, which is a violation of policy.

There is nothing the NFLPA can do. D Smith signed off on this system of punishment.

The substance has nothing to do with the ability to suspend. What part don't you get? If he is convicted of a crime involving "substances of abuse" ("spice" fits the bill in Alabama--Dareus knows this). He's facing a year mandatory time in Alabama. Even as a misdemeanor, he faces the 4 games. Goodell could also suspend hi simply for conduct detrimental, citing also the fact that Dareus never bothered to tell the Bills he was busted, which is a violation of policy.

There is nothing the NFLPA can do. D Smith signed off on this system of punishment.

It was reported in the news less than 24 hours after he was pulled over. Lets not act like it was hidden from the team (though there have been incidents hidden that have gone unpunished so I don't think that it's much of a big deal).

He will pay a fine in Alabama and get a stern talking to in NY, but I'd be surprised if he gets any time off

Yeah, it is wildly different in how if effects people, it seems to me.

Fact: The Pot damages one's understanding of verbs vs. nouns.

Just chilling with Irsay. B-)

Who wouldn't want to party with that guy?

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this video (about synthetic marijuana use on the Auburn 2010 national championship football team) was previously posted:

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=9204786

Edit: At 5:37 of the video, it mentions that Univ. of Alabama started testing for spice in the spring of 2010.

The Bills took Dareus in the 2011 draft.

I thought this stuff was called bath salts. Seriously -- is there a difference?