WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

I mean no disrespect to you either. Immaturity at that age I think gets amplified if you have been a star athlete your entire life. And I also wish him the best. But man you have to be smarter than that when you are in his position you know. It makes me a little (ok maybe not so little) crazy when I see stuff like this.

Agree to an extent. I'm just saying he isn't your normal star athlete who's had things made. It's one of the reasons I don't like Manziel. Dude has it super easy. I just don't remember an athlete who has seen more death than Dareus.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, it doesn't matter what you think is ridiculous. He can be suspended anyway. Also, MArshawn was suspended for 4 games in the past, despite, as you endlessly pointed out, not being convicted of a felony.

Any lawyer worth anything will argue that it's ridiculous and should be able to get it reduced to a misdemeanor. And they'll try to delay it as long as possible, like Lynch is doing. As for Lynch, he got a suspension after his 2nd run-in with the law. This is Marcel's first.

Agree to an extent. I'm just saying he isn't your normal star athlete who's had things made. It's one of the reasons I don't like Manziel. Dude has it super easy. I just don't remember an athlete who has seen more death than Dareus.

How about Aaron Hernandez? Ray Caerruth, Ray Lewis?

Any lawyer worth anything will argue that it's ridiculous and should be able to get it reduced to a misdemeanor. And they'll try to delay it as long as possible, like Lynch is doing. As for Lynch, he got a suspension after his 2nd run-in with the law. This is Marcel's first.

Didn't PigBen get suspended for 4 games without even being arrested? I don't believe a player has to be convicted or even charged to be suspended.

(Not saying he will or should by the way)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I fully agree with much of what you say. However, being in the spotlight, being in " the show ", and having the best resources available in terms of Doctors, psychs and medication means that at one point Dareus must grow up. Im pretty sure this isn't Dareus' first BBQ with pot or drugs. If he really is a pot head, being late for early meetings now doesn't surprise me. Yes he lost many family members, but at the end of the day, this guy eats Ribeye from a gold plate. Grow up Dude!

I get your point. But it's probably hard for a star athlete to ask for help. Also, football players shoudl be allowed to self medicated with pot.

But serious question: Would you give up your mom, dad, grandmother, brother, and best friend for millions?

Didn't PigBen get suspended for 4 games without even being arrested? I don't believe a player has to be convicted or even charged to be suspended.

I would hope the Commish when use some common sense when dealing with a potential rapist and a spice smoker.

"Second run in"? Now you're counting that "traffic ticket"?

Anyway, even as a misdemeanor, it is a suspendable offense--up to 4 games. I don't know what you are arguing now, whether he can be suspended or if he has adequate legal representation.

How about Aaron Hernandez? Ray Caerruth, Ray Lewis?

(slow clapping and nodding...)

But serious question: Would you give up your mom, dad, grandmother, brother, and best friend for millions?

Darues didn't have to make that choice, why would you ask soemone else to?

I would hope the Commish when use some common sense when dealing with a potential rapist and a spice smoker.

You mean Jameis Winston? That could be tricky next year.

I get your point. But it's probably hard for a star athlete to ask for help. Also, football players shoudl be allowed to self medicated with pot.

This question has no relevance to the discussion. Dareus was factually getting millions. He had no choice in the losses he suffered. Only if he were hanging with a bad crowd could you say it's a choice. He has a choice now between spice and an NFL career. That's it.

Ray Lewis?? He killed people and is on Net Work TV as a blow hard. Don't include him in the mix . MD has to stand up and be a man. 25 and all you people feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for all you.

Yeah, first of all, Ray Lewis didn't kill anybody. Do a little research.

Second of all, it seems like he's had to "stand up and be a man" his entire life. Depression is a tough thing to deal with, if that's what is going on. No amount of money in the world will fix anything. You can't just ignore it make it away, tough guy.

It was the 3rd rape charge against PigBen and there was footage of them in the bathroom together and evidence of physical trauma on the girl. I'm assuming Goodell took all of those into account.

"Second run in"? Now you're counting that "traffic ticket"?

Goodell apparently did.

Anyway, even as a misdemeanor, it is a suspendable offense--up to 4 games. I don't know what you are arguing now, whether he can be suspended or if he has adequate legal representation.

We'll see. It's not banned by the NFL, he wasn't under the influence and therefore not a harm to anyone else, and it will likely be reduced to a missy. And the NFLPA will go to bat for him.

Yeah, first of all, Ray Lewis didn't kill anybody. Do a little research.

Second of all, it seems like he's had to "stand up and be a man" his entire life. Depression is a tough thing to deal with, if that's what is going on. No amount of money in the world will fix anything. You can't just ignore it make it away, tough guy.

Here we go, Dareus has been late and gotten arrested and now he's diagnosed with depression. I've never seen people on the internet so quick to diagnose anything like depression. Let's try something else and see if it sounds as good. Quick, check him for necrotising fasciitis! Maybe he's smoking weed for the pain!

It was the 3rd rape charge against PigBen and there was footage of them in the bathroom together and evidence of physical trauma on the girl. I'm assuming Goodell took all of those into account.

Goodell apparently did.

We'll see. It's not banned by the NFL, he wasn't under the influence and therefore not a harm to anyone else, and it will likely be reduced to a missy. And the NFLPA will go to bat for him.

as more has played out with the facts ill say i agree that its unlikely he faces stiff discipline from the league. it sounds like an incredibly tame incident, despite alabamas laws.

Here we go, Dareus has been late and gotten arrested and now he's diagnosed with depression. I've never seen people on the internet so quick to diagnose anything like depression. Let's try something else and see if it sounds as good. Quick, check him for necrotising fasciitis! Maybe he's smoking weed for the pain!

Its just as plausable as him being a lazy slug. Besides, I put a qualifier in there lol.

Ray Lewis?? He killed people and is on Net Work TV as a blow hard. Don't include him in the mix . MD has to stand up and be a man. 25 and all you people feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for all you.

This made me laugh. I never do this either...

Also, it's not that I "feel sorry" for him. Rather, it's an attempt to explain a stupid choice he made. You strike me as someone who might laugh at people who claim they are depressed. You wouldn't prescribe a pill or therapy, rather a kick in the ass and and a suck it up.

This made me laugh. I never do this either...

Also, it's not that I "feel sorry" for him. Rather, it's an attempt to explain a stupid choice he made. You strike me as someone who might laugh at people who claim they are depressed. You wouldn't prescribe a pill or therapy, rather a kick in the ass and and a suck it up.

Are the people, who claim they are depressed, doctors? Did Dareus say he's depressed? Do you even know Dareus? I think he has a brain tumor, causing his emotional change, do you concur?

Goodell was just recently talking about the possibility of using medicinal marijuana as a replacement for the crazy amounts of addicting pain meds these guys take to get up in the morning. Dareus is smoking the legal (toxic) bud. I'm sure he would prefer the alternative which is not physically addicting as relief for aching muscles but this would show up on an nfl piss test. If he is focused on winning and got caught with some bud in a backwards state I see no reason to find depth in the first and I like Branch if Dareus has to serve a suspension. 24 year old smoking marijuana, NO WAY! :°

Edited by Spillnation

Legalize it.

Spice? It is legal in many places and forms. It shouldn't be. That stuff is deadly. Edit: just looked it up, it is a Class I controlled substance in AL. Good for 'bama.

Dareus should stay the f*** away from that crap and stick to illegal pot - now that stuff should be legalized.