WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is why the Bills still draft defense this year. If you accept the possibility of removing Dareus (suspension, bad mood) and KW (bad wheels, age), the Bills would be in trouble. I think they're in trouble even with these two. It's just more fuel to the Aaron Donald fire if he gets to 9 or another DL in the 1st 3 rounds.

Get rid of the bum! Cut him and set an example for this team. MD seems to be a problem child.

I'm not sure if this was written in the sarcasm font or not but if it wasn't we should cut Mike Williams as well. We don't need talented problem children when we have Hogan!!

This is why the Bills still draft defense this year. If you accept the possibility of removing Dareus (suspension, bad mood) and KW (bad wheels, age), the Bills would be in trouble. I think they're in trouble even with these two. It's just more fuel to the Aaron Donald fire if he gets to 9 or another DL in the 1st 3 rounds.

I don't agree. Dareus should be able to play this year and KW is only 31 isn't he?

Spice isn't banned by the NFL. Dareus can't be suspended for it, and can only be suspended for the arrest.

http://www.nj.com/gi...s_arrested.html

Thanks for the link. Good to see Winslow wasn't suspended.

Get rid of the bum! Cut him and set an example for this team. MD seems to be a problem child.

Please tell me you are kidding. Players like him will get special treatment by their teams because they are elite performers on the field and I truly believe he would not have been benched by Marrone if we were in the playoff hunt at the end of last year. Plus, I know Pepper Johnson's reputation with coaching young players with issues and I have a feeling he will make a difference as his DL coach. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not sure if this was written in the sarcasm font or not but if it wasn't we should cut Mike Williams as well. We don't need talented problem children when we have Hogan!!

No, I was being serious.

MD was a problem last year being late for team meetings. It was enough for the coaching staff to suspend him for some playing time. Now we have him on on charges for synthetic pot (alleged). Honestly, what do you do with a guy like this? My guess is the coaching staff will wait and see what becomes of these felony charges against him.

I do know this, it's an EMBARRASSMENT to the team and everyone that supports the Bills. As a fan, I'm very disappointed with MD's choices.

No, I was being serious.

MD was a problem last year being late for team meetings. It was enough for the coaching staff to suspend him for some playing time. Now we have him on on charges for synthetic pot (alleged). Honestly, what do you do with a guy like this? My guess is the coaching staff will wait and see what becomes of these felony charges against him.

I do know this, it's an EMBARRASSMENT to the team and everyone that supports the Bills. As a fan, I'm very disappointed with MD's choices.

I don't see the Broncos cutting Von Miller.

I don't agree. Dareus should be able to play this year and KW is only 31 isn't he?

Thanks for the link. Good to see Winslow wasn't suspended.

Please tell me you are kidding. Players like him will get special treatment by their teams because they are elite performers on the field and I truly believe he would not have been benched by Marrone if we were in the playoff hunt at the end of last year. Plus, I know Pepper Johnson's reputation with coaching young players with issues and I have a feeling he will make a difference as his DL coach.

It really shows the character of MD and how serious he takes the off season conditioning program. What a joke!

Marijuana is better than using opiates and it is useful for a lot of other ailments. I usually don't like to speak about my drug use on here but since so many of you are ignorant I will. I have PTSD, I have life long physical ailments, and I do not want to take the drugs from the VA to treat them because of their personality changing and addictive attributes. I use marijuana based medicine and my life is 100% better than the alternatives.

Great for you! I think most people were raised with a lot of misinformation out there. It blows my mind that people think opiates come from a doctor so it must be safer than burning one (or even better using edibles or a vaporizer).

No, I was being serious.

Have you ever been late to a meeting?

I don't see the Broncos cutting Von Miller.

Cutting him is me taking it to the extreme I guess. The coaching staff just can't turn their heads on the one and pretend it will be ok. I really beleive they have to put their foot down with the clown and do something.

MD really takes the off season serious uh? He should be in the gym getting ready for the season and hoping for a massive contract extension.

Time will tell with this kid.........

I'm very disappointed with him.

No. That's why he gets HIMSELF help if he needs it. Lots of people have hard lives. He does not now. He gets paid millions of dollars a year to play a game, and has half of the year free to do whatever he wants whenever he wants to do it. So do not expect me to cry a river for any of these spoiled athletes when they get caught doing something stupid. And smoking this spice crap is just plain stupid. People need to stop making excuses for these guys because that is part of their problem. He certainly has the time and the means, so if he needs help with anything he just needs to take responsibility for himself, grow a pair, and get it.

i think theres a pretty important gap between making excuses and taking a solutions oriented approach to identifying and helping fix the problems.

sure, we could throw our hands in the air and say its his own damn fault - but where does that get us?

that said, i dont know that its fair to draw such straight lines from "dealt with loss" to "caught with drugs one time." for all we know as outsiders it hasnt been a regular issue, or he was just having a night out partying and not self medicating. i know the piecing the bits we have together though does start to look like a guy that isnt sure how to deal with depression and may be medicating.

Cutting him is me taking it to the extreme I guess.

you dont say?

The coaching staff just can't turn their heads on the one and pretend it will be ok. I really beleive they have to put their foot down with the clown and do something.

MD really takes the off season serious uh? He should be in the gym getting ready for the season and hoping for a massive contract extension.

Time will tell with this kid.........

I'm very disappointed with him.

he could have been at the gym that day and planning to go the next. these guys cant study/workout 24/7/365. They will go out, they will have lives - many of them use drugs from recreationally all the way to help deal with the physical toll of being a football player. its disappointing, sure, but i think youd be incredibly disappointed in the percentage of bills as a whole (and every other nfl team) that partake if that is your expectation.

Edited by NoSaint

i think theres a pretty important gap between making excuses and taking a solutions oriented approach to identifying and helping fix the problems.

sure, we could throw our hands in the air and say its his own damn fault - but where does that get us?

that said, i dont know that its fair to draw such straight lines from "dealt with loss" to "caught with drugs one time." for all we know as outsiders it hasnt been a regular issue, or he was just having a night out partying and not self medicating. i know the piecing the bits we have together though does start to look like a guy that isnt sure how to deal with depression and may be medicating.

That's all well and good. But what ever happened to being responsible for your own actions?

Do you think every employer should take a "solutions oriented approach" when every employee has problems? Or is it just for multimillionaire athletes?

I don't mean to gang up on you (or C.Biscuit for that matter), but the whole "no one is responsible for their own actions, everyone needs to be coddled" (particularly athletes) attitude of our society these days is a hot button for me.

you guys are missing the point just like most of today's younger generation it is illegal plain and simple take responsibility he is getting paid millions of dollars to do the right thing and not the wrong thing and not only hurts himself but his fellow teammates take responsibility it's illegal people

Yeah! Damn kids these days, what with their marijuana and punctuation.