WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know they aren't the same player or skill level and it didn't happen in the same state, but this happened to Nigel Bradham last year. He was put in stage 1, I imagine the same thing will happen with Dareus.

Assuming that this is Marcel's first offense you'd think so.

Its not a big deal normally but this kid has yet to live up to the #3 pick placing and keeps doing dumb ass stuff. Yeah I get he has had a tough life, many many others have as well and NOT get to make millions playing a game. Late for meetings now busted for pot. Jesus man grow up already.

After 3 years in the NFL, Marcell Dareus hasn't missed a game, made one pro bowl, and has 18.5 sacks. http://www.pro-footb.../D/DareMa00.htm

For a comparison, after 3 years, Warren Sapp made one pro bowl and had 22.5 sacks. And he was a year older at the same point. http://www.pro-footb.../S/SappWa00.htm

Dareus is slightly behind one of the best DTs ever and he isn't even 25. The guy could be one of the best DTs but I'm telling you, his head is messed up. But the guy is a legit blue chip talent.

Also, woudl you trade your brother beign murder, mother, father, and gradmother dying for millions? Personally, I won't.

does TG have examples of players getting hit with a suspension for a first offense possession charge? it seems the league likes to keep the two categories separated in just about any example i can think of...

He loves to stir the pot.

Guess the Bills better trade him for next to nothing before he gets a big suspension like Lynch ;)

And that's a big difference to me. Lynch was legit doing bad things. Dareus' issues aren't great but they really aren't that bad. JMO, but I feel like Dareus is a much better person than Lynch but he is going through a lot.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

4 games for a first offense

That's if he already had a strike against him by the league for failing a drug test. NFL players smoke dope or synthetic dope....news flash the sun is hot and water is wet....

Marijuana is better than using opiates and it is useful for a lot of other ailments. I usually don't like to speak about my drug use on here but since so many of you are ignorant I will. I have PTSD, I have life long physical ailments, and I do not want to take the drugs from the VA to treat them because of their personality changing and addictive attributes. I use marijuana based medicine and my life is 100% better than the alternatives.

Amen, brother. I served in Iraq with the USMC and have PTSD as well. I have tried all sorts of therapy and prescription pills with side effects to no avail. MJ is far and away the best remedy to clear my mind of that noise I can't escape. I can understand the same sort of issues from Dareus considering what he went through in his life and it's a shame he will be looked down on and likely penalized for self medicating where our health industry has failed him.

Amen, brother. I served in Iraq with the USMC and have PTSD as well. I have tried all sorts of therapy and prescription pills with side effects to no avail. MJ is far and away the best remedy to clear my mind of that noise I can't escape. I can understand the same sort of issues from Dareus considering what he went through in his life and it's a shame he will be looked down on and likely penalized for self medicating where our health industry has failed him.

good take.

good post. I guess I'm "making excuses" but the guy has had a really rough life. I have a background in counseling (scary I know!) and he has a lot of symptoms of someone who is depressed: weigh gain, over sleeping, and now self medicating. He always struck me as a guy who smiled alot but is really sad inside. I've been saying it for months now that the Bills should get him counseling. He's very young and no human should have dealt with what he has already been through.

And I think NFL players should be allowed to smoke pot. It offers no performance enhancement and is much better than pain pills. I know a former Bill who was the designated smokehouse.

Fully agree.

Every other Bill is in Buffalo working out as a team, this jack-wagon is in Alabama getting high. I hate to say it, he is yet another Alabama player who peaked at collage and has no interest in working on his craft....

Yeah, that stuff is crap. But a ton of players smoke pot. It's self medicating. Given their profession, I think it joke to even drug test them for it. It's better than them popping a ton of pills.

synthetic pot is not the same as real pot. Apparently its much more dangerous. Just a stupid move all around by him.

Every other Bill is in Buffalo working out as a team, this jack-wagon is in Alabama getting high. I hate to say it, he is yet another Alabama player who peaked at collage and has no interest in working on his craft....

Alabama defensive players scare me. I hope we don't draft any.

Why trade him? Why not just send a morality message and cut him? Maybe the *Pats can pick him up and he can haunt us twice a year.

What the hell? We will never see 8 wins, but at least we will have appeased the morality police.

Thank you for your service. I really hope and pray that your PTSD improves. Remember to get help when you need it. Stay strong man.

That's if he already had a strike against him by the league for failing a drug test. NFL players smoke dope or synthetic dope....news flash the sun is hot and water is wet....

even if "everyone" is doing it. It's pretty stupid to get caught. Even if you want to equate it to underage drinking (i.e. "everyone" does it), you get caught, you still face the penalty.

The Bills need to get him out of Alabama. I knew the average Alabaman had a few screws loose, but felony charges for synthetic pot and a pipe? I guess you can't be surprised by a place where sodomy is still illegal.

There is NO excuse for this behavior and for him being stupid and careless!!!!!!!!!! It just makes me sick that these guys get paid all of this money and do not care. If this was his first offense, that's one thing. But between being late for meetings, where he was disciplined TWICE last year, and now this, I have no problem with the Bills trading him. I can only hope he gets an reaming by the coaching staff and either gets it together, or they get rid of him. I just have no tolerance for this and applaud Chip Kelly for getting rid of D. Jackson for being impossible to discipline.

The guy could be one of the best DTs but I'm telling you, his head is messed up. But the guy is a legit blue chip talent.

History proves again and again that you need both to be an elite pro athlete.

History proves again and again that you need both to be an elite pro athlete.

Agree for the most part (LT is a good example of the opposite though). But that's why you get him help. Most athletes won't ask for it. He's still really young and he's not a bad guy. Honestly, who won't be messed up with all that death around him? I find it amazing how easy people love to trash someone when they haven't walked in their shoes.

There is NO excuse for this behavior and for him being stupid and careless!!!!!!!!!! It just makes me sick that these guys get paid all of this money and do not care. If this was his first offense, that's one thing. But between being late for meetings, where he was disciplined TWICE last year, and now this, I have no problem with the Bills trading him. I can only hope he gets an reaming by the coaching staff and either gets it together, or they get rid of him. I just have no tolerance for this and applaud Chip Kelly for getting rid of D. Jackson for being impossible to discipline.

Do you always like your job? Like it or not, it's his job. The difference is he's extremely valuable at his and gets paid millions. So yup, he's going to get more breaks cut. And Chip Kelly also let Riley the Racist off with a slap on the wrist.

But that's why you get him help. Most athletes won't ask for it. He's still really young and he's not a bad guy. Honestly, who won't be messed up with all that death around him? I find it amazing how easy people love to trash someone when they haven't walked in their shoes.

No. That's why he gets HIMSELF help if he needs it. Lots of people have hard lives. He does not now. He gets paid millions of dollars a year to play a game, and has half of the year free to do whatever he wants whenever he wants to do it. So do not expect me to cry a river for any of these spoiled athletes when they get caught doing something stupid. And smoking this spice crap is just plain stupid. People need to stop making excuses for these guys because that is part of their problem. He certainly has the time and the means, so if he needs help with anything he just needs to take responsibility for himself, grow a pair, and get it.

Dareus has been unfortunate in his personal life, and of that there is no doubt. That doesn't give you a free pass though. No judge will ever give someone a free pass when they start a statement with "I broke the law because...". Despite his misfortune, his play on the field has been very good. It's not the Bills that need to get Dareus help, but Dareus that needs to recognize that he NEEDS help. At the end of the day, you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, unless through the penal system. If that is in fact the path that he's going down, I will not lose sleep over it or feel sorry for him. Unlike many, he has the means and access to people that can help him.

good post. I guess I'm "making excuses" but the guy has had a really rough life. I have a background in counseling (scary I know!) and he has a lot of symptoms of someone who is depressed: weigh gain, over sleeping, and now self medicating. He always struck me as a guy who smiled alot but is really sad inside. I've been saying it for months now that the Bills should get him counseling. He's very young and no human should have dealt with what he has already been through.

And I think NFL players should be allowed to smoke pot. It offers no performance enhancement and is much better than pain pills. I know a former Bill who was the designated smokehouse.

You shouldn't apologize for making excuses. The man is one of our most talented players on the verge of becoming one of the best in the game. He's at a juncture in his life where he needs to be careful because no one would like to see him NOT maximize his talents.

People like to view athletes as machines, and don't like to hear it when someone stands up for a guy "playing a game." I call BS on that, everyone has problems. Hopefully the Bills extend an olive branch to him and offer some help.