WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

From the Twitter (fwiw): According to arrest report, @buffalobills DL Marcell Dareus was pulled over in a 2011 Jaguar XJL, and was sober upon arrest. #Bills @wvuatv

To be charged with a felony, while sober, for fake weed seems pretty ass-backwards...

The felony was for possession. Has nothing to do with drinking and driving.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a side note, synthetic pot is seriously dangerous. Real pot isn't. Regardless of whether he was using it, it's a sad commentary on our legal/political system. Weed should be completely legal in every state. If the NFL wants to test for it, fine, but no ethical or logical reason why someone should be jailed for a plant.

Hope he was just with the wrong crowd.

The felony was for possession. Has nothing to do with drinking and driving.

I guess my point was it would be different if he were ripping around, ripping the spice. But a felony for just having it in the car seems crazy to me...

No. That's why he gets HIMSELF help if he needs it. Lots of people have hard lives. He does not now. He gets paid millions of dollars a year to play a game, and has half of the year free to do whatever he wants whenever he wants to do it. So do not expect me to cry a river for any of these spoiled athletes when they get caught doing something stupid. And smoking this spice crap is just plain stupid. People need to stop making excuses for these guys because that is part of their problem. He certainly has the time and the means, so if he needs help with anything he just needs to take responsibility for himself, grow a pair, and get it.

He does not now? How do you know? You've had your brother murdered? He should just over it right because he makes money.

Sorry, I think you sound like a cold human being. Try reading this. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/columns/story?id=6388359 This was 2 years before his brother was murdered. His Father died when he was 6. His grandmother that helped raise him died when he was 13. His mentor died when he was 17. One of his best friends died earlier that year. And his mother was in a wheelchair for most of his life and died when he 18 and she was 47. How about when one of you fake tough guys post when someone in your family dies and I'll tell you to just get over it?

Sure, he needs to be more responsible. But I bet no one on this board has gone through as much as he has at 24. But is this really a bad kid? Weed and sleeping? No, he's a kid who is immature but his life has been damn hard. He's a different story than Justin Blackmon or Pacman Jones.

I guess my point was it would be different if he were ripping around, ripping the spice. But a felony for just having it in the car seems crazy to me...

It's Alabama. Instead of trying to fix being one of the fattest and dumbest states in the country, they focus on this.

On a side note, synthetic pot is seriously dangerous. Real pot isn't. Regardless of whether he was using it, it's a sad commentary on our legal/political system. Weed should be completely legal in every state. If the NFL wants to test for it, fine, but no ethical or logical reason why someone should be jailed for a plant.

I do agree with this. That stuff is bad news.

It's (marijuana) the only thing that prevents my GF from having night terrors. Personally, it's never done jack for me. I think it just effects different people differently.

Yeah, it is wildly different in how if effects people, it seems to me.

He does not now? How do you know? You've had your brother murdered? He should just over it right because he makes money.

Sorry, I think you sound like a cold human being. Try reading this. http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6388359 This was 2 years before his brother was murdered. His Father died when he was 6. His grandmother that helped raise him died when he was 13. His mentor died when he was 17. One of his best friends died earlier that year. And his mother was in a wheelchair for most of his life and died when he 18 and she was 47. How about when one of you fake tough guys post when someone in your family dies and I'll tell you to just get over it?

My father died of brain cancer about 2 years ago after suffering (chemo etc) for 18 months. My brother died this past December. Not murdered, but it was completely unexpected. I did get over it. And do you know why? Because I had to. I have a family to support and I do not make millions of dollars a year and get half the year off.

In my opinion you sound like a over the top bleeding heart liberal ... or maybe just when it comes to Bills players. It's life, bad things happen. You need to pick yourself up (and not reply on someone else to do it for you), dust yourself off and get on with your life. Yeah it sucks, and yeah it hurts, but for gods sake its not the end of the world. Time to grow up.

But more than likely he was just likes pot but couldn't smoke it because of the drug testing coming up. Which should be legal and allowed everywhere and not specifically banned by the NFL like I think you stated earlier because it is not performance enhancing.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Except the NFLPA says you are wrong, and the league didn't even try to contradict them. Do i have to quote DeMaurice Smith again?

You can quote him all you want--has nothing to do with this case because he wasn't arrested fro driving under the influence and he hasn't failed an NFL banned substance test. He was arrested for violating the law in Alabama and they say what he did is a felony. As such, the NFL policy, which is part of the CBA which D Smith signed on behalf of every player in the NFL, allows the to suspend a player for a drug related criminal conviction. Pretty simple.

Doesn't matter. It's ridiculous to be labelled a felony and again I doubt Dareus gets hit with one. In any case, they can do what Marshawn is doing and delay it for years.

Again, it doesn't matter what you think is ridiculous. He can be suspended anyway. Also, MArshawn was suspended for 4 games in the past, despite, as you endlessly pointed out, not being convicted of a felony.

My father died of brain cancer about 2 years ago after suffering (chemo etc) for 18 months. My brother died this past December. Not murdered, but it was completely unexpected. I did get over it. And do you know why? Because I had to. I have a family to support and I do not make millions of dollars a year and get half the year off.

In my opinion you sound like a over the top bleeding heart liberal ... or maybe just when it comes to Bills players. It's life, bad things happen. You need to pick yourself up (and not reply on someone else to do it for you), dust yourself off and get on with your life. Yeah it sucks, and yeah it hurts, but for gods sake its not the end of the world. Time to grow up.

But more than likely he was just likes pot but couldn't smoke it because of the drug testing coming up. Which should be legal and allowed everywhere and not specifically banned by the NFL like I think you stated earlier because it is not performance enhancing.

This has probably been talked about - does the synthetic pot not show up on a drug test?

1) I'm sorry for your losses.

2) STFU with your stupid political labels on a football board. IF you identify yourself or others because of a political belief, you're a loser.

3) Who are you to tell someone else to grieve? I also assume you were older than 24 and didn't have your died die when you were 6 and your mom died when you were 18. You can't tell me that having people die when you are so young doesn't have a major effect on you.

2) STFU with your stupid political labels on a football board. IF you identify yourself or others because of a political belief, you're a loser.

3) Who are you to tell someone else to grieve? I also assume you were older than 24 and didn't have your died die when you were 6 and your mom died when you were 18. You can't tell me that having people die when you are so young doesn't have a major effect on you.

I'm 29. My dad died March 29. He was 65 and received a liver transplant 22 years ago. Third ensuing heart attack got him. We had no delusions that he'd make it to 100 and beyond (no luck explaining that to him, though).

It still sucked/sucks. Hard.

But I doubt there's any poster here who's been the grief and turmoil Dareus has.

Edited by The Big Cat

This has probably been talked about - does the synthetic pot not show up on a drug test?

I'm not sure.

1) Thank you.

2) You are right, there was no reason or logic to include 'liberal'.

3) I totally get why you think I am a cold person after reading this.

And BTW, do we know for a fact that any of this has any relevance to Dareus? Do we know he just doesn't like pot (even the fake kind)? I mean, I like it (eating it anyway).

Edited by CodeMonkey

99 percent confident it does not, which is one of the big draws.

Course, I'm not a doctor. Only play one on TBD.

Thanks..............A good way to further not get detected is don't speed when you have it in the car!

I'm not sure.

1) Thank you.

2) You are right, there was no reason or logic to include 'liberal'.

3) I totally get why you think I am a cold person after reading this.

And BTW, do we know for a fact that any of this has any relevance to Dareus? Do we know he just doesn't like pot (even the fake kind)?

Hey man, I mean no disrespect. And I feel terrible for your losses. I hate guys like Pacman, Hernnadez, and Blackmon. They are scumbags. But I think Dareus is a 24 year old kid and I just get the vibe he is seriously depressed. And I think a lot of people would be as well.

Additionally, everyone thinks you should be happy because you're a millionaire football player and you're not. Maybe he just wants to hug his mom and brother. Until he does something completely crazy, I'll defend the guy because I know firsthand he's a good guy. Just a bit immature.

Hey man, I mean no disrespect. And I feel terrible for your losses. I hate guys like Pacman, Hernnadez, and Blackmon. They are scumbags. But I think Dareus is a 24 year old kid and I just get the vibe he is seriously depressed. And I think a lot of people would be as well.

Additionally, everyone thinks you should be happy because you're a millionaire football player and you're not. Maybe he just wants to hug his mom and brother. Until he does something completely crazy, I'll defend the guy because I know firsthand he's a good guy. Just a bit immature.

I mean no disrespect to you either. Immaturity at that age I think gets amplified if you have been a star athlete your entire life. And I also wish him the best. But man you have to be smarter than that when you are in his position you know. It makes me a little (ok maybe not so little) crazy when I see stuff like this.

Just chilling with Irsay. B-)

I fully agree with much of what you say. However, being in the spotlight, being in " the show ", and having the best resources available in terms of Doctors, psychs and medication means that at one point Dareus must grow up. Im pretty sure this isn't Dareus' first BBQ with pot or drugs. If he really is a pot head, being late for early meetings now doesn't surprise me. Yes he lost many family members, but at the end of the day, this guy eats Ribeye from a gold plate. Grow up Dude! Edited by curitiba