RD2, Pick #44: T Cyrus Kouandjio - University of Alabama

SDS

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBurke_SI

Round 2 reactions from @SI_DougFarrar and I are here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/draft-2014/tracker/#tracker/2 …

The Bills just got a lot bigger and more powerful on their offensive line with the addition of Cyrus Kouandjio. The recent history of Alabama tackles is not exactly pretty when it comes to NFL graduation. James Carpenter, selected by the Seahawks in the first round of the 2011 draft, has struggled with injuries and speed issues throughout a checkered career; and D.J. Fluker, taken in the first round of last year's draft by the Chargers, might be a more natural right tackle. Nick Saban likes behemoths protecting the blind sides of his quarterbacks, and given the physical nature of Alabama's game, there's no surprise that injury concerns continue from player to player. Kouandjio, who inherited that position when Fluker moved on, overcame a season-ending knee injury in 2011 to start 24 games at left tackle in the next two seasons. He's a mauler in the run game, needs some work when it comes to agility in pass protection and the knee issues may linger, but this is a reasonable risk pick here. - Doug Farrar

Frankly, I think this is getting to warranting a mod giving a warning (or put him on ice for the weekend).... It's one thing to disagree with a pick but the posts are ridiculous and nonsensical

He's just begging for responses.

Nonsensical, pathetic posts are the only way that he can get any

We were able to trade back, get an extra pick in a deep draft and still got a Tackle with 1st round talent who has been medically cleared by Dr. James Andrews. When Bellicheat did that in round #1 with Dominique Easley, the pundits noted how smart he was. We do an even better (because we got a 1st rounder in the 2nd) and we get no love!!! I call BS!!! Sammy Watkins and Cyrus Kouandjio--sweet!!!!

Next pick, LDE ... After that BPA!!!

We were able to trade back, get an extra pick in a deep draft and still got a Tackle with 1st round talent who has been medically cleared by Dr. James Andrews. When Bellicheat did that in round #1 with Dominique Easley, the pundits noted how smart he was. We do an even better (because we got a 1st rounder in the 2nd) and we get no love!!! I call BS!!! Sammy Watkins and Cyrus Kouandjio--sweet!!!!

Next pick, LDE ... After that BPA!!!

That tends to happen when one guy has 5 SB rings and the other team has finished 6-10 for the last 15 years.

But yeah, nice move and nice pick.

Recently, I have been called out on this board for knowing nothing about football. No problem :). That said, As a life long Crimson Tide Fan, I have watched virtually every game the Kouandjio has ever played, so I offer a few thoughts. NOT gospel truths......THOUGHTS.

1)In 2012, he did play LT for the Tide on the best OL in the history of college football. I think that Coach Saban put him there because he knew that he would be losing Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack and DJ Fluker. He was their 4th best blocker at the time. Sorry, it's true.

2) He is agile. I don't care about his measurable skills. And he is strong.

3) The kid is very smart. And he is NOT a person who I expect to get in trouble. One never knows but I have heard him talk and he seems like a HUGE character guy. He was born in Africa and in interviews he expresses BIG TIME love for America.

4) I think that he is more suited for RT than LT in the NFL. But the really good news is that he is an experienced LT. He played LT at the very best college program in the country. If Glenn gets hurt, this kid offers us a chance to not fall apart. This is huge my friends. HUGE!!!

5) The bad news is he is rumored to have health issues but who knows?

6) In all, I love the fact that they took him AND got an extra pick in the process. Sorry folks, I didn't like the Watkins deal, but between the SJ trade and this selection, it is far less painful.

7) Lets make the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) ROLL Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly, I think this is getting to warranting a mod giving a warning (or put him on ice for the weekend).... It's one thing to disagree with a pick but the posts are ridiculous and nonsensical

I'm going to pile on... Please mods pretty please?

Very happy with Cyrus here. Whaley made a good play to add the fifth while still getting the player they wanted. The O is loading up. I'm hoping to see a LB and De still. I actually expect that one will be taken care of in the 3rd. Maybe Skov?

Dude. I can crush a 5.6 and bench more then 21 reps. Can I play OT?

I've never seen you but my guess is no.

BTW, Mayock said that his measurables don't look like anything special but he does everything great on tape. Basically, his numbers (like the ones you mentioned) leave a lot to be desired but he plays at a very high level. He's an enigma.

I've never seen you but my guess is no.

BTW, Mayock said that his measurables don't look like anything special but he does everything great on tape. Basically, his numbers (like the ones you mentioned) leave a lot to be desired but he plays at a very high level. He's an enigma.

great, so we have another high motor guy!!! Chris Kelsay of the OL!!!

#'s are #'s. The only thing lesser then #'s is the mirror.

This is a very good pick of a player who is an "un-reach" . Yes some medical question marks or else he would have gone in the first. I predict that the Bills will back up their bet on him. They have another draft choice and there is also a pretty good free agent tackle in Eric Winston still out there. Whaley did say he was being brought in to "compete". All draft picks no matter how highly rated are risks.

Recently, I have been called out on this board for knowing nothing about football. No problem :). That said, As a life long Crimson Tide Fan, I have watched virtually every game the Kouandjio has ever played, so I offer a few thoughts. NOT gospel truths......THOUGHTS.

1)In 2012, he did play LT for the Tide on the best OL in the history of college football. I think that Coach Saban put him there because he knew that he would be losing Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack and DJ Fluker. He was their 4th best blocker at the time. Sorry, it's true.

2) He is agile. I don't care about his measurable skills. And he is strong.

3) The kid is very smart. And he is NOT a person who I expect to get in trouble. One never knows but I have heard him talk and he seems like a HUGE character guy. He was born in Africa and in interviews he expresses BIG TIME love for America.

4) I think that he is more suited for RT than LT in the NFL. But the really good news is that he is an experienced LT. He played LT at the very best college program in the country. If Glenn gets hurt, this kid offers us a chance to not fall apart. This is huge my friends. HUGE!!!

5) The bad news is he is rumored to have health issues but who knows?

6) In all, I love the fact that they took him AND got an extra pick in the process. Sorry folks, I didn't like the Watkins deal, but between the SJ trade and this selection, it is far less painful.

7) Lets make the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) ROLL Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill there are people on this board that have uniformed opinions, you are not one of them. I disagree with you at times, like the Watkins deal, but you know football. I thnk your right about this kid.

Very happy with Cyrus here. Whaley made a good play to add the fifth while still getting the player they wanted. The O is loading up. I'm hoping to see a LB and De still. I actually expect that one will be taken care of in the 3rd. Maybe Skov?

No to Skov. He projects as an ILB in a 3-4. OLB or DE are what they need, CB, as well.

Cyrus the virus!!!

CBF

Beat me to it. Told my boss at 2pm today if he was available then the bills would take him. Now he wants to know what I think about the 3rd round since I said we might move up for Watkins and would trade Stevie if we got him.