Players cut from other teams that the bills should sign

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing official out of Chargers camp,but is likely that OT Max Starks (SD had signed from Pitt in off-season) and WR/ST Luke TASKER will not make the final 53.... saw Tasker have some decent plays during the PS and he isn't a speedster but I think he could be a good ST player here.

Well now it is official - both were released.

Trufant would be an upgrade that's for sure. Trufant graded out as NFL's 54th best CB last year.

That's probably higher than any CB on the roster right now not named Gilmore. Go for it

Edited by BRAWNDO

Apparently I "Started this thread"??? I will try my best. Have a Conf Call at work shortly, but should be able too.

Sorry man. I was kinda joking in the other thread but somehow managed to volunteer you! For Karma's sake, another appeared at the same time that I appeared to have started. I locked mine and it magically disappeared. . . .

So who is cutting our new punter?

Maybe we'll bring in X-Man (just doesn't sound right) Marquette King....

It looks like from preseason the kid can boom them! I don't know if he can place them at all, but at this point, 3 Preseason games in a row averaging over 50 yards / punt looks like an upgrade to me after the shanks we were treated to....

I would imagine that Powell will be kept this year because he is a comfort zone as the holder for the rookie PK, whom he held for in college.

I'd take a flier on Routt. Chiefs over paid him a 3 year 18 million contract in the 2011 offseason. You don't pay someone that kind of money to be average. We can afford to pay him $850k to be average. Call him up.

If he were willing to play for a near minimum contract I think a 34 year old Nate Clements could be a better option than Routt. Routt is physical but he is a magnet for pass interference flags. Nate is still a free agent and he is near the end but he started 9 games last year for a playoff team and scored better on PFF than guys like Routt and DeAngelo Hall etc.. Bring back Nate. :thumbsup:

Antoine winfield

What's even more interesting is the Bills actually re-tweeted the news that Winfield is going to get cut.

Come home, Antoine. Come home.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/28/antoine-winfield-pffs-no-1-cornerback/

Edited by BillsGuyInBallstonSpa