RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since a lot of people seem to be not listening to Buddy, I'll repeat what his philosophy is again... Buddy takes BPA regardless of position. That is what he did at 10. Adding the best available player left in the draft to the roster is never a bad thing.

I'm sorry, but I'm really tired of the ridiculous "BPA" nonsense. DeCastro is the best player available but the Bills don't need a guard, they needed a CB and that's why he was taken.

I watched the highlight film twice now and noticed he is a finese tackler, using his arms. I think this could be most important facing the Jets and their running backs, the Pats and their TE's, and Miami and their...oh wait, ha, yeah, Miami - clowns.

Seriously, I am hoping the footage was hightlighting his "body slams" and his fancy tackles. I would like comment from someone who has seen more.

This is Groundhog Day: The Sequel.

Once again the Bills go for a cornerback in the first round while they have more pressing needs. I believe Gilmore is good, but we have huge holes at OT and LB. Now we will be weeping about the ones that got away... again.

01 CB

03 RB

04 WR

06 S

07 RB

08 CB

10 RB

12 CB

8 skill first rounders out of 12 drafts. The defense will be improved, but I fail to see how the offense will be improved with the same cast.

Once again the Bills go for a cornerback in the first round while they have more pressing needs. I believe Gilmore is good, but we have huge holes at OT and LB. Now we will be weeping about the ones that got away... again.

This is one of the deepest drafts in history at WR. We could easily find a starting WR with our first pick tomorrow. Drafting for need is what got us in the mess we are trying to get out of now.

You don't draft based on positions. You reach for players that way.

Heres the deal, Its a T heavy draft. Gilmore was the top rated guy left, Many had him going to carolina at #9, so we flip flopped here. We will get a T next round, then a WR. Our D was horrible last year. Now it will be decent. Plus its a pass happy league now, so #1 rush the QB then #2 cover the receivers. YES we still need OL help. hopefully it will come.

Edited by coldstorage5

I can understand the guy was surprised or maybe he is cold about his expectations to start in a crowded CB unit, don't know,

Possible he was disappointed he didn't get picked by Carolina and stay in the same state. He did get smiley when they gave him the hat and he went on stage.

But what I know for sure is that I'm cold for the rest of the day, one downside to this "Premiere format" is that if you don't like your team's pick in the ONLY and 1st Rd of day-1, you just need to go to bed speculating if they will make up for it in Day-2.

:rolleyes:

Buddy and Wanny clearly building to compete and win the division. We are not as fat a CB as some would think. We're gonna be in nickel and dime half the time and more than that against NE*. I know he'll say it anyway, but I'm guessing Gilmore was in the top 12 on their board.

But let's remember. The draft isn't about the first round. Buddy will need to be smarter in the rounds to come. He's gonna make the need picks in those rounds.

GO BILLS!!!

Just means they didn't have Floyd rated high....but we are going to need WR helo

I don't think it means that necessarily. I means that in a passing league you have to do two things: pressure the QB and cover their WRs/TEs. They've made huge strides in doing that this offseason. The Bills horrible D should be leaps and bounds better.

Edited by MDH

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I laughed at this pick just like when the Bills selected Spiller. Just when the Bills make a good move signing Mario Williams, they lose the chance to take another big step forward. CB's don't win games. I get that Kalil and Keuchly were gone but how about a guy who can make plays like like Floyd or someone to help in pass protection and the running game like Reiff. Gilmore may be a solid player but get me someone who has more of an impact on the game. This is just stupid.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Guy looks miserable. Did he get food poison when he visited or his he truly that unhappy to be a Bill? Good lick kid.

Maybe he's just 1 of the guys w a chip on his shoulder for whatever reason. Hope he takes that on the field with him.

I have never turned the draft off but taking yet another DB this high ruined it for me...won't be watching rest of weekend either

Gilmore is another McKelvin who is nothing more then a nickel slot corner at best

God forbid Buddy trades back for more picks

Edited by Max997

01 CB

03 RB

04 WR

06 S

07 RB

08 CB

10 RB

12 CB

8 skill first rounders out of 12 drafts. The defense will be improved, but I fail to see how the offense will be improved with the same cast.

Got it. So we are supposed to improve the offense AND defense with the 1st pick? Ok.

How sad. How truly sad and stupid. When they threw early picks in the garbage for Whitner and McKelvin, I was furious. This time, I am really feeling sorry for Fitz, and even sorrier for us as loyal, true fans.

Buddy will probably be fast asleep by the time I have finished typing this post, but make no mistake, he just hurt this franchise. And again, fans such as us deserve better than this absolute, true, incomprehensible idiocy.

Another dismal day for Bills fans.

I laughed at this pick just like when the Bills selected Spiller. Just when the Bills make a good move signing Mario Williams, they lose the chance to take another big step forward. CB's don't win games. I get that Kalil and Keuchly were gone but how about a guy who can make plays like like Floyd or someone to help in pass protection and the running game like Reiff. Gilmore may be a solid player but get me someone who has more of an impact on the game. This is just stupid.

cause Reiff sucks?

How sad. How truly sad and stupid. When they threw early picks in the garbage for Whitner and McKelvin, I was furious. This time, I am really feeling sorry for Fitz, and even sorrier for us as loyal, true fans.

Buddy will probably be fast asleep by the time I have finished typing this post, but make no mistake, he just hurt this franchise. And again, fans such as us deserve better than this absolute, true, incomprehensible idiocy.

He's awake.

Wow. What a ray of sunshine.

Hope springs eternal bitches!!! :thumbsup:

I'm fine with this pick. Big, fast, strong, ath-a-letic, etc. Let's just hope he pans out better than McKelvin. And speaking of whom, here's 2 reasons to like this pick better than the McKelvin pick at the time:

1.) McKelvin was lauded on draft day in large part because of his kick return ability. To which I said, "Who cares? We already have McGee and Parrish." McKelvin turned out to be a pretty decent (if really boneheaded) return man, but who cares about return ability in the first half of the draft? Tell me how good he'll be on regular plays.

2.) I didn't do a lot of pre-draft research except for WRs that year, so I didn't know much about McKelvin or any of the other top corners. I remember finding out that McKelvin was 5'11" after we drafted, and being fairly disappointed. There's a big difference between 6'1" and 5'11".

Anyway, let's hope ol' Gilly pans out.