RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing I will acknowledge about Gilmore is how physical he is. The guy throws himself around like Bob Sanders out there. As far as the rest goes, I hope he makes me eat crow, but I don't see him any better than McKelvin.

Well, I make no guarantees, because another corner in round 2 (or a safety) will probably get me into Whitner territory. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the Bills do something this stupid.

In fact, history would dictate such stupidity.

The Bills history of never taking a DB in both rounds 1 and 2 in any given draft in their entire existence dictates we'll do it this year?

Hmm. And idiot Mayock had him rated as the ninth best player in the draft. :doh:

Are you trying to imply that im an idiot because I have an opinion? Sorry im not lsitening to everyone else's, im making my own by watching game tape on every prospect. Get over it, some people hate it, some like it

Poe, Cox, Brockers, Hightower. All would have been better picks.

DT seems way too crowded to me to add a player there. Where is the impact?

Hightower I really can't say one way or the other. I wouldn't have been unhappy with the pick from a positional standpoint.

Yes, you are.

And it's still the highlight of the season for me. Which, when you reflect on that, is a sad indictment of both the Bills and myself.

But it's what makes you (and Bill) hilarious. Then again, I'm sick in the head.

I'll say this much for Nix... He's consistent... SEC, SEC, SEC! Don't ever bet otherwise... When you all do your predictions in the future, make sure its an SEC or other southern conference college prospect.

Notre Dame..? B.C...? Iowa..? Meh... -_-

This will make you feel better about the pick (if you don't feel that way already)...

Gilmore - 8th rated player in entire draft

in zone or off-man, and his eyes slow his feet in that he doesn't diagnose routes as quickly and will get his feet stuck in the ground prior to breaking. Gilmore was able to rely on size, strength and athleticism to cover in college, but he will be exposed by the technically sound veteran receivers in the league. He will struggle when forced to work within specific schemes that don't allow him to play freely.

That doesnt sound to good to me.. seeing as we play alot of zone

I don't doubt Nix's talent evaluation skills. But I am still not sold on his team-building prowess. Take linemen and pass rushers high, they make the skill position players less important and less expensive. If Nix thought we were losing games last year because our corners were hurt, and not because we were getting blown off the line on defense, I'm sorry but he's nuts.

This. If it's a contest to collect the most players, the Bills are looking good. But team building isn't Madden and requires a different type of mindset, one that a GM is supposed to have.

I think Nix is fine as a regional or national scout. But as far as developing a plan to build an entire team, he's not done it. The switching of defenses proves this ad nauseam.

Amazing how many on here still think they are smarter than Nix. Screaming WR or LT when none were worth #10 while this kid was. We got best value for #10. I was hoping for Kuechley, but Carolina was smart enough to take him right before us.

Agreed was the 4th pick on our board but he was the guy abailable. Was hoping Kuechley was there but he was gone. good pick that fits cant't beat that.

This. If it's a contest to collect the most players, the Bills are looking good. But team building isn't Madden and requires a different type of mindset, one that a GM is supposed to have.

I think Nix is fine as a regional or national scout. But as far as developing a plan to build an entire team, he's not done it. The switching of defenses proves this ad nauseam.

:lol:

PTR