RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

It has kept us locked in the cellar, and for longer than a decade. And be assured, it will take many years for the apologists to acknowledge how idiotic this pick was.

So just because Bills GMs in the past whiffed on DBs that means we should never take one ever again?!?! That just doesn't make sense, you take best player available and thats what they did.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Gilmore is good, but we have huge holes at OT and LB"

Uhm, the best LB and OT were gone...

You wanted them to just pick one at 10 no matter what? That's stupid...

Hey, Buddy did that, the same people would be screaming REACH!....

he was on the academic honor roll the past two years and has no off the field issues etc.

I think this is important to point out. We dont need rocket scientists, but this is a high character, intelligent locker room and Gilmore's academic and low key creds fit right in with what we are building.

I like the pick. Gilmore was the second best CD on the draft with a higher grade than any OT or WR. When the LB went #9, where else could they go and value? Gilmore will give us incredible DB depth and he'll likely be a starter by week 8. Imagine if Aaron Williams keeps improving, we could gave our starting CB's for 7/8 years. Plus you know the level of competition he's faced. Go back and look at tape vs Green from Georgia! The guy can flat out play!

Nice job Buddy!

Yeah, but you were loving Whitner too. And JP, and every other stupid selection the Bills have ever made. But cope the way you choose. It's OK. Wave pom poms with Promo. Ultimately, being happy is a better state mind than accepting reality I suppose.

Anyone ever tell you that you go from neutral to furious in like 0 seconds?

The people who hate this pick are hilarious. So we should have picked Reiff who doesn't translate to an NFL left tackle. Could have taken Floyd but WR is super deep. Are you all going to be pissing and moaning if they get guys like Lavonte David and Brian Quick in the next two rounds? Christ, we took the best player available at a need position. How can that be bad?

The offense is going to be more like the last 13 games and less like the first 3.

The good news is that there will be less pressure on the offense when the defense can actually stop the other team's offense on a few possessions.

I see the apologists are out in full swing

This is a horrible pick at a non impact position by a team going no where

What has drafting DBs early in the draft done for this team the last decade?

Actually, I think the pissers and moaners are out in even more full force. What should we have done? Addressed each and every position of need with one pick?

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I laughed at this pick just like when the Bills selected Spiller. Just when the Bills make a good move signing Mario Williams, they lose the chance to take another big step forward. CB's don't win games. I get that Kalil and Keuchly were gone but how about a guy who can make plays like like Floyd or someone to help in pass protection and the running game like Reiff. Gilmore may be a solid player but get me someone who has more of an impact on the game. This is just stupid.

Awww your post is pretty....

Great pick IMO. Sexy, no. The right pick, I think so.

I laughed at this pick just like when the Bills selected Spiller. Just when the Bills make a good move signing Mario Williams, they lose the chance to take another big step forward. CB's don't win games. I get that Kalil and Keuchly were gone but how about a guy who can make plays like like Floyd or someone to help in pass protection and the running game like Reiff. Gilmore may be a solid player but get me someone who has more of an impact on the game. This is just stupid.

I'll agree I would have liked to see Reiff here.

How sad. How truly sad and stupid. When they threw early picks in the garbage for Whitner and McKelvin, I was furious. This time, I am really feeling sorry for Fitz, and even sorrier for us as loyal, true fans.

Buddy will probably be fast asleep by the time I have finished typing this post, but make no mistake, he just hurt this franchise. And again, fans such as us deserve better than this absolute, true, incomprehensible idiocy.

Another dismal day for Bills fans.

I'm all for the Bills picking corners in the first round, just to watch you go ballistic. :lol:

:beer:

The people who hate this pick are hilarious. So we should have picked Reiff who doesn't translate to an NFL left tackle. Could have taken Floyd but WR is super deep. Are you all going to be pissing and moaning if they get guys like Lavonte David and Brian Quick in the next two rounds? Christ, we took the best player available at a need position. How can that be bad?

+1