RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's great. We now have a pair of big, talented, young corners to pair up for years to come. The draft is a marathon, not a sprint. This guy is Antoine + 5" and 20 lbs. By 2013 Williams and Gilmore will be a coveted pair of corners. A year or two of seasoning and by 2014 they can be elite. Strong move. Defense wins in Dec and Jan in our conditions.

I see the apologists are out in full swing

This is a horrible pick at a non impact position by a team going no where

What has drafting DBs early in the draft done for this team the last decade?

Awwwwwww, someone needs a bottle.

You win by passing and stopping the pass. We are beefing up the pass defense. If Gilmore is as good as advertised, it does NOT hurt the team.

Yeah, but you were loving Whitner too. And JP, and every other stupid selection the Bills have ever made. But cope the way you choose. It's OK. Wave pom poms with Promo. Ultimately, being happy is a better state mind than accepting reality I suppose.

Great highlights, a cornerback who doesnt have any coverage in his highlight reel... Sure great blitzer, good tackler... Ow well, we'll see.

With a passing league teams need to have 3 CBs on the field at most times now - which means your CBs better be good in run support. Getting a guy who can cover and tackle is a good thing.

Not sure why people are pissed, the talk was always how deep the WR position was in this draft which meant the Bills were going to go LT, LB or CB. Kalil was the only LT worth the pick, Keuchly was off the board which left only one guy left - Gilmore. It was as obvious as any pick in memory particularly the way Buddy talked up Gilmore pre-draft. This was the guy I thought Buddy was referring to when he said there's a "no-brainer" if he's available.

If you're going to get on Buddy for this pick it should be for tipping his hand well before the draft, not for the selection itself.

I like it. We needed some CBs. Gilmore and Williams going forward.

Reminds me of when Winfield and Clements were going to be our lockdown CB's for a decade. That plan lasted 2-3 years I think. :wallbash:

For anyone that thinks is a stupid pick, just take 10 minutes and watch some highlights and read about the kid. Not only did he start all 3 years as SC, he was on the academic honor roll the past two years and has no off the field issues etc. Seems like a sure fire starting NFL corner, which is about the best you could hope for given our pick was at #10 and the blue chippers were gone.

Heres the deal, Its a T heavy draft. Gilmore was the top rated guy left, Many had him going to carolina at #9, so we flip flopped here. We will get a T next round, then a WR. Our D was horrible last year. Now it will be decent. Plus its a pass happy league now, so #1 rush the QB then #2 cover the receivers. YES we still need OL help. hopefully it will come.

South Carolina,.... buddy likes em from the SC Get er done

I have never turned the draft off but taking yet another DB this high ruined it for me...won't be watching rest of weekend either

Gilmore is another McKelvin who is nothing more then a nickel slot corner at best

God forbid Buddy trades back for more picks

So you are telling me ONE single pick outweighs NINE? and all the exciting possibilities we can take with each? ...good nite!