RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't see cb as big of a need as alot of people and not overly happy with the pick, but if he turns out to be In Winfields' class i will be extremely happy, he is one of my all time favorite bills players.

Me too.

And Nix said a couple years ago that you gotta draft at least one cb every year.

They obviously think there's more wrs and OTs on friday than cbs.

The entire NFL is populated by senile GMs who know nothing. How in the world can we go through 17 picks of the first round and have 4 DBs selected and only one OT? These guys don't know how to build a team.

Most of the starting CB's in the league are 1st and 2nd round picks. A lot of the tackles in the league are not.

I think GM's like corners early because of the huge drop-off once you get out of the second round, and the fact that corners can come in and start from day #1.

Listen, Buddy Nix is alot smarter then everyone that is on here. The pick is very good, we built up the d line so keep the qbs unsettled, which makes bad throws and we need cbs to be on the recieving end, we now have 2 very good young corners for 10 years to come IF they do pan out like they could. WR is very very deep in the draft and i believe Nix is targeting a bigger WR then floyd like Ruben Randle and brian quick. in the 2nd and 3rd also Nix believes Hairston is a good tackle and we could win alot of games with him there.

Yes, you are.

And it's still the highlight of the season for me. Which, when you reflect on that, is a sad indictment of both the Bills and myself.

Well, I make no guarantees, because another corner in round 2 (or a safety) will probably get me into Whitner territory. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the Bills do something this stupid.

In fact, history would dictate such stupidity.

As has been stated previously, it was a very good, solid pick of need. Not the "sexy" pick. The Bills still have NINE PICKS to address WR, OT, & LB. The D-line is set and the O-line, while needing some depth and a probable upgrade at LT, is solid at the other starting positions. You people bitching about everyone who doesn't hate the pick like you and calling them "apologists" are absolutely pathetic.

The entire NFL is populated by senile GMs who know nothing. How in the world can we go through 17 picks of the first round and have 4 DBs selected and only one OT? These guys don't know how to build a team.

:lol: awesome

Well, I make no guarantees, because another corner in round 2 (or a safety) will probably get me into Whitner territory. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the Bills do something this stupid.

In fact, history would dictate such stupidity.

What in Buddy Nix's history dictates that?

But... who did you want to see them take and where do you fit them in to address "getting blown off the line on defense"? The Bills added two players to the DL this offseason. Once Kuechly was gone, who's the guy you wanted to see to shore up the front 7?

I don't think Nix thought we were losing games solely because of bad corner play, but I gotta say, watching those games last year, there was some downright horrific corner play.

Poe, Cox, Brockers, Hightower. All would have been better picks.

If you have a great line and a great secondary and you play 4-3 you have a very good defense. Decent play from LBs and its possible with ours, you have a great defense.

It's a great pick. Other than luck or rg3, couldn't be happier

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Since a lot of people seem to be not listening to Buddy, I'll repeat what his philosophy is again... Buddy takes BPA regardless of position. That is what he did at 10. Adding the best available player left in the draft to the roster is never a bad thing.

Pretty much why I've become less opinionated on the draft each year unless it's a blatant fail like taking Whitner over Ngata. We can argue all day about which positions we need most but we don't know where the front office has these guys graded. If he's Winfield it's a good pick, if he's McKelvin it's a bad pick. I'm assuming they would've taken Blackmon or Kalil or Kuechly if they were there but they weren't. I'd prefer they didn't reach on Floyd or the Iowa Tackle if they didn't have them graded as high.

Edited by BuffOrange