RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

How can you say floyd sucks lol, so im guessin gilmores amazing? Nice to know your ms cleo over here

Because he drops as many as he catches - very inconsistent and notre dame is the most over-rated football program in America...next to penn state. Not to mention character issues.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. I am not saying that Floyd is a bad player, but ND players always seem to have an inflated value (not to mention his red flags).

Because he drops as many as he catches - very inconsistent and notre dame is the most over-rated football program in America...next to penn state. Not to mention character issues.

Where are you getting this drop complete BS, from?

holy crap. a couple things that need to get sorted out:

1. this whole idea that our franchise doesn't know how to build a winner because we like CBs --- is a !@#$ing joke. Nix has nothing to do with previous regimes - nothing. Nix looked at our line-up and felt we needed a talent upgrade at CB because the league has morphed into a pass-happy frenzy. If you're either A. clueless, or B. old and jaded, i can see why you're not excited about the sick potential of a Gilmore/A. Williams combo.

2. to call gilmore "mckelvin 2.0" is lazy and stupid. you know it and i know it. gilmore has more intelligence in his left foot than mckelvin. gilmore was named to the fall academic honor roll. mckelvin can't tie his shoes. this kind of stuff matters in a player.

3. game film =/= youtube clips.

Post your reaction here....

Liked the pick. We needed starting-calibre value at that spot and we needed help in our secondary.

Early in the draft discussions I thought it would be Kirkpatrick, but when Buddy tipped his hand talking about how Kirkpatrick was a good zone corner who benefited from a very strong Bama DLine I really felt Gilmore was the corner they wanted.

I do think they might have been tempted to grab Barron if he was there, but who knows?

Next up?

I have no idea - Buddy could still go for another defensive player if there is one high on their board who has fallen through the cracks - OT or an OG that can project to center (I worry about our depth there a bit if Wood cannot hold it together for a year and that would be a damn shame - I like that kid).

Im excited as hell to have Gilmore tandem with Williams! Both bigger corners with solid speed! I think this is a great move! I do think the next few picks will be either OT or WR no specific order.

I think we grab Sanu, Hill, Jefferies in round 2.

1. this whole idea that our franchise doesn't know how to build a winner because we like CBs --- is a !@#$ing joke. Nix has nothing to do with previous regimes - nothing. Nix looked at our line-up and felt we needed a talent upgrade at CB because the league has morphed into a pass-happy frenzy. If you're either A. clueless, or B. old and jaded, i can see why you're not excited about the sick potential of a Gilmore/A. Williams combo.

2. to call gilmore "mckelvin 2.0" is lazy and stupid. you know it and i know it. gilmore has more intelligence in his left foot than mckelvin. gilmore was named to the fall academic honor roll. mckelvin can't tie his shoes. this kind of stuff matters in a player.

I'm too tired to look it up right now, but tomorrow I think I will search for the Leodis McKelvin draft day thread.... should be interesting. :D

Certain posters are committed to pissing and moaning about the Bills no matter what they do. We all know which ones.

I'm too tired to look it up right now, but tomorrow I think I will search for the Leodis McKelvin draft day thread.... should be interesting. :D

I know for a fact the "draft experts" had McLovin rated #1 CB that draft.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I agree. Our coverage will be a lot better now that we have a pass rush. They go hand and hand. We also upgraded our defensive backfield.

I think we see a different player in mckelvin with a DL that can rush the passer.

That's what I was wondering. The pick was in before they were even on the clock.

If you were watching ESPN, I think that "the pick is in" tag was up there in place of the clock like 90% of the time.

Could not be more happy with this pick! He was projected to go at number 8 overall in nearly every mock draft. We totally got a steal. Not only is this guy a honor student and a 3 year starter (Even in his freshman year) But he has guarded Julio Jones and AJ Green and did a great job at the college level against these WR who have been amazing at the NEXT level. Whoever is disappointed, should not be...The Bills made there selection within 10 seconds... It was an obvious choice! Now LT/LB/WR in the next few rounds! GO BILLS!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Edited by Awwufelloff

Certain posters are committed to pissing and moaning about the Bills no matter what they do. We all know which ones.

I know for a fact the "draft experts" had McLovin rated #1 CB that draft.

PTR

Let's not forget in this whole McKelvin 2.0 crap that Gilmore played for S.C. & covered SEC WR's while Leodis played for Troy.

Yeah the idea of Williams and Gilmore growing up in the league together is an exciting prospect. A good pass rush may make secondaries better, but a secondary that's good to begin mixed with a good pass rush can be division changing.

Smells of Jauron. Nix has said he would pick the best availible the last twodtafts. This time he went with a half need. Needed Floyd more then a CB. Oh well its Buffalo. Status quo. Doesn't sound like Gilmore wants to play in buf anyways.

So I actually read all 17 pages of this thread, and I came away learning absolutely nothing about Gilmore. VERY disappointing, guys. For the past 3 years, Gilmore played in the best football division in the country and covered some of the very best WR talent. Can't we talk a little more about that stuff and less about the value of the CB position?

And for the record, Whitner and McKelvin were different players drafted by a different regime. If Gilmore develops into a quality #1 CB at the pro level, then this was a great pick...regardless of this franchise's dubious draft history with DB's.